Author Topic: Can Israel cope with Hizbollah this time?  (Read 4210 times)

Offline Mifletzet

• Senior JTFer
Can Israel cope with Hizbollah this time?
« on: July 20, 2008, 12:39:51 PM »
What will Israel do different this time from two years ago if Hizbollah starts launching rockets in to Israel?!
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1003710.html

Hizbollah fired 4000 rockets in to Israel in one month, and the vaunted Israeli Air Force couldn't stop them, right up to the cease fire.

The Israelis have shown that they will not accept military casualties >100 men killed, so if they're not going to reconquer S.Lebanon with ground troops for the 3rd time, short of exploding a Neutron bomb in the Bekaa, what tactic can they employ?

« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 12:53:21 PM by Mifletzet »

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Can Israel cope with Hizbollah this time?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 02:31:41 PM »
Drop 5000-10000 Kg each bombs on Hezbullah concentrations.

Capture no more than 10 Km strip practically at all of north. Then carry out concerted hit and run attacks on further targets with high quality and quantity firepowers. These attacks ahould be of shortest possible durations and must be associated with elements of surprise. Keep on changing the tactics.

Be ready for a longer war.

Support anti-Hezbullah sections.

Generally Katyusha type of rockets can not be stopped, and can only be thwarted through heavy air retaliations at key places.

Some changes in dress code can also be thought of.

With Regards... :)
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 02:37:59 PM »

Capture no more than 10 Km strip practically at all of north. Then carry out concerted hit and run attacks on further targets with high quality and quantity firepowers. These attacks ahould be of shortest possible durations and must be associated with elements of surprise. Keep on changing the tactics.

Generally Katyusha type of rockets can not be stopped, and can only be thwarted through heavy air retaliations at key places.

Sounds like a plan  O0  However, I think that Katuysha can easily be stopped! Just imagine Chaim as a PM  O0 BTW, I don't include nuclear weapons as a mean of fighting what is essentially a WWII weapon, there are other effective means. Napalm comes to mind, also, highly effective are carpet bombing and mass indiscriminate artillery incursions. Pig skin and pig blood may work as well  ;D

This brings me to my 2nd point - I don't think Israel has a deterrent against Hezbolah right now and definitely will not be able to coop with a new assault.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 02:43:21 PM »

Sounds like a plan  O0  However, I think that Katuysha can easily be stopped! Just imagine Chaim as a PM  O0 BTW, I don't include nuclear weapons as a mean of fighting what is essentially a WWII weapon, there are other effective means. Napalm comes to mind, also, highly effective are carpet bombing and mass indiscriminate artillery incursions. Pig skin and pig blood may work as well  ;D

This brings me to my 2nd point - I don't think Israel has a deterrent against Hezbolah right now and definitely will not be able to coop with a new assault.

If Chaim is a PM, then where is any problem? O0
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Jericho Missile

• Full JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 03:00:48 PM »
It doesn't seem too likely that Israel will be successful in the next war, with Olmert in power.  He was resposnsible for Israel's loss in the last war.  >:( 

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 03:22:18 PM »
To get the rockets you have to take the ground and hunt them down you need alot of infantry.Israel can do i hope they have been training these past 2 yrs you can'nt do it on cheap.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Jericho Missile

• Full JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 03:37:59 PM »
To get the rockets you have to take the ground and hunt them down you need alot of infantry.Israel can do i hope they have been training these past 2 yrs you can't do it on cheap.

the Israeli airforce needs to pound everything first before sending troops in.

Offline Mifletzet

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 05:23:20 PM »
Israeli Ramatkals are in continual decline.

I have a 'orrible feeling that Gabi Ashkenazi, even though he was head of the Golani, is going to be even more of a let down in the next war than the pathetic Dan Halutz was in 2006!

Israel needs a Grant, a Patton, a Rommel or a Montgomery.

I fear Israel won't get a decent military leader this side of the Moshiach ben Yosef!

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 07:23:17 PM »
Israeli Ramatkals are in continual decline.

I have a 'orrible feeling that Gabi Ashkenazi, even though he was head of the Golani, is going to be even more of a let down in the next war than the pathetic Dan Halutz was in 2006!

Israel needs a Grant, a Patton, a Rommel or a Montgomery.

I fear Israel won't get a decent military leader this side of the Moshiach ben Yosef!
that really would'nt be a job for Sayeret  Matkal they would help in war possibly taking out hezzballah command and control and it's leaders.You would ned the infantry to hunt down all the rockets in there hiding places
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 07:51:17 PM »
If Israel remembers one basic principle then they will not lose:

There is no such thing as an arab "civilian"

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008, 08:48:38 PM »
No Army can cope with any engagement, with Congoleeza Rice in charge, micromanaging each and every move by Israel, so as "not to upset America's Allies In the War Against Terror". (like Iraq, Egypt, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE, Pakistan, and Libya).

And, no ally of America under Bush can cope with any engagement, for the very same reasons.

Somehow the NWO bunch has gotten the notion that it's possible to win a war without injuring or hurting the enemies who just attacked you.

There have in all of history been only a very few times such as this in which we live, where mass-psychosis, insanity, and suicidal ideation are the norm; leaders all entirely consumed with false ideologies about economy, nationalism, and sovereignty.

Next time you see that guy on the corner of 42nd Street with the "sandwich sign" reading "The End is Near!", don't laugh.

Offline FULL METAL JACKET

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2008, 09:20:37 PM »
I say no because of Hezbollah's guerrilla tactics and not only that, also because war like that again will cost a ridiculous amount of money. The 2006 war cost Israel 3.5 Billion dollars.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 09:22:29 PM by FULL METAL JACKET »
Formely known as "1986"

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2008, 10:36:43 PM »
If Israel wants to win they will. All they have to do is stop caring about muzzy nazi "civilians" and the war will quickly be won.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2008, 11:27:01 PM »
No Army can cope with any engagement, with Congoleeza Rice in charge, micromanaging each and every move by Israel, so as "not to upset America's Allies In the War Against Terror". (like Iraq, Egypt, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE, Pakistan, and Libya).

And, no ally of America under Bush can cope with any engagement, for the very same reasons.

Somehow the NWO bunch has gotten the notion that it's possible to win a war without injuring or hurting the enemies who just attacked you.

There have in all of history been only a very few times such as this in which we live, where mass-psychosis, insanity, and suicidal ideation are the norm; leaders all entirely consumed with false ideologies about economy, nationalism, and sovereignty.

Next time you see that guy on the corner of 42nd Street with the "sandwich sign" reading "The End is Near!", don't laugh.

I never dissed the guy on 42nd street OR Mission St. in SF.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates