Author Topic: Question for any experts on Islam out there.  (Read 2173 times)

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
Question for any experts on Islam out there.
« on: July 21, 2008, 08:02:47 AM »
While doing the housework this weekend, the talk radio show that happened to be on my radio included an open-line session, allowing callers to raise any subject that they like.  One caller offered a fascinating explanation to Obama's infamous comment about 'visiting 57 states'.  The caller explained that this more than just an innocent foul-up, and there's something in Islam about '57 states', presumably meaning 'states of consciousness' or something like that, rather than geopolitical entities.  The caller explained that this suggests that Obama is in fact a closet Muslim, or at least was indeed steeped in Islam during his years in Indonesia.  I don't know about you, but I found that interesting, and remember that Obama's half-brother claims that Obama was raised as a Muslim.

So, my question:  Has anybody on this board ever heard of '57 states' as being some sort of Islamic tradition/ belief, etc?

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Question for any experts on Islam out there.
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 11:07:42 AM »
Naturally his real USA in some sense or the other comprises of those 57 states of OIC. It may be consciously or subconsciously.  :(

There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Question for any experts on Islam out there.
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 11:49:32 AM »
Well even though it may be so, the simple explanation is that he is a light headed affirmative action candidate.