Author Topic: Look at this job that was posted.  (Read 1627 times)

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
Look at this job that was posted.
« on: July 22, 2008, 02:49:07 PM »
Hey guys. I'm a librarian and right now, I'm looking ALL OVER the place for a job. I came upon this posting. Get a load of this drek. Also, look at the location, see if it surprises you. P.S. I'm obviously not applying for this. I just find it shocking that I find few Jewish libraries or Jewish Studies Librarians being hired, but we get this drek! >:(

Middle East & Islamic Studies Librarian
Columbia University,
New York, New York

Salary: Not Specified 
Posted: 07/22/08 
Deadline:

Middle East & Islamic Studies Librarian
Columbia University Libraries is seeking applications for the position of Middle East & Islamic Studies Librarian.

In the context of a University with a very strong and well-established interdisciplinary Middle East Studies program (a designated Department of Education Title VI National Resource Center for Middle East Studies), and a strong ongoing commitment to enhancing its excellent Middle East and Islamic Studies library collections and services, the Librarian is responsible for development of this first-rate research collection of materials from and about the Middle East and Near East (extending as far east as Afghanistan, and also including Armenia), in Arabic, Persian, Turkish, Kurdish, Maltese, Armenian, and in English and all other languages of significance to this field; as well as materials in support of the field of Islamic Studies (including the study of the Islamic religion and of the Muslim peoples of the world). He or she is also responsible for the provision of information services to faculty, students, researchers and other Middle East and Islamic Studies scholars in the Columbia University community.

For immediate consideration and more information about this position and the qualification requirements, please visit the following link:

http://academicjobs.columbia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=50667 
Apply for this job 

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
Re: Look at this job that was posted.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 02:58:44 PM »
Hey, everyone from JTF should get bogus information and go over there an apply for the job...

That will keep them busy for awhile.....

:::D :::D :::D

ohhhhh, don't I have a great sense of humor????

:)
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline 2honest

• Senior JTFer
  • MayIsraelPrevail
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 03:02:41 PM »
Hey, everyone from JTF should get bogus information and go over there an apply for the job...

And dont forget to add Craig Winns Prophet of Doom to the library once you've got the job. :)

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 03:03:49 PM »
yes,......... ;D ;D ;D ;D

And dont forget to add Craig Winns Prophet of Doom to the library one you've got the job. :)
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 03:04:36 PM »
They never had these programs before 9-11.  The precise reason that they now have all these programs is the Left came to realize that Muslims are enemies of America and they want to undermine the United States.  

At best, they want to appease the enemy and not worry about prejudice at worst they want them as an ally to destroy America.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 07:16:31 PM »
They never had these programs before 9-11.  The precise reason that they now have all these programs is the Left came to realize that Muslims are enemies of America and they want to undermine the United States.  

At best, they want to appease the enemy and not worry about prejudice at worst they want them as an ally to destroy America.

yes, they did. Where did you go to school?

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 07:20:08 PM »
I love that idea we should all send in our resumes that will keep they busy for the rest of the week and lets all call in and follow up daily. [censored]
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 07:25:02 PM »
Somehow I am not surprised. Just look at the college. Columbia university. That is were that muslim pig Ahmadinejad spoke at his last visit to the good ol' USA.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 07:44:33 PM »
I'm sure that this position was founded by a grant from the Kuwaiti "royal family".

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 02:01:56 AM »
Call in and follow up daily......hahahahahha

:::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D

Oh, I bet we could come up with some more things for this.....

;D

I love that idea we should all send in our resumes that will keep they busy for the rest of the week and lets all call in and follow up daily. schmucks
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2008, 06:16:35 AM »

yes, they did. Where did you go to school?

They were very minimal.  I went to college in the 90's and although they had Middle East/Muslim programs at liberal arts, state colleges and all types of other universities, they were nowhere near to where they are today.  I don't want to give out my college but they now have a very large Muslim Student Association and huge Middle East Program.  Schools like NYU had programs but now these programs have been funded way more and are at the forefront of these schools.  Middle East programs were starting to gain prominence in the late 90's because of the growing Israel/Muslim conflict that was making the news and the Middle East $ that has been donated to schools.  Also, many colleges now have branches in Dubai, Quater, etc.