Author Topic: Obama 1% ahead of Mccaine (BOY!!!! this is gonna be close)  (Read 1860 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Obama 1% ahead of Mccaine (BOY!!!! this is gonna be close)
« on: July 24, 2008, 02:47:32 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,390301,00.html

BTW... if oil continues to drop... they will be in a dead heat.

The significant news coverage Barack Obama is receiving on his foreign trip has not translated into a bounce in his numbers, a just-released FOX News poll shows. Obama now holds the slimmest possible edge over John McCain, leading by just 41 percent - 40 percent in a head-to-head contest. In fact, Obama’s support is down slightly from his 45 percent - 41 percent advantage last month.

• Click here to view full results of the poll (pdf).

Opinion Dynamics Corp. conducted the national telephone poll of 900 registered voters for FOX News from July 22 to July 23. During that time Obama was traveling in Jordan, Israel and Palestinian territories. In the days before the poll was taken Obama had been touring Afghanistan and Iraq. The poll has a 3-point error margin.

Click here for a related poll article on Obama's trip and media coverage of the campaigns.

Among independents, Obama has a narrow 2 percentage point edge: 34 percent to McCain’s 32 percent, and 34 percent undecided.

McCain has more strength of support from his party faithful. Fully 86 percent of Republicans back McCain compared to 75 percent of Democrats that back Obama.
Related

Column Archive
          o FOX News Poll: No Bounce for Obama From Overseas Trip
          o FOX News Poll: Does Obama Get Better Treatment by the Press?
          o FOX News Poll: Americans 'Energized' for Action
          o FOX News Poll: Americans Proud to Have Obama, McCain as President
          o FOX News Poll: Obama’s Favorable Rating Drops

Full-page FNC Poll Archive
      Stories
          o FOX News Poll: Clinton Leads in Ohio; Obama Up in Texas
          o FOX News Poll: Obama Has Slim Edge Over McCain, Half Would Never Vote for Clinton
          o FOX News Poll: Clinton Seen as Ready, Most Likely To 'Do Anything' To Win
          o FOX News Poll: McCain Ahead in South Carolina, Many Voters Still Undecided
          o FOX News Poll: McCain Takes the Lead in South Carolina GOP Primary
          o FOX News Poll: McCain Makes Late Surge In New Hampshire—Takes Top Spot
          o FOX News Poll: Three-Way Toss-Up in Republican Presidential Sweeps

Given that the independent vote splits about evenly, one might expect McCain’s strength in Republican support would give him an advantage overall. The reason that fails to happen is that the pool of Republican voters is smaller than the pool of Democratic voters, which means McCain’s party-based edge has less impact on the race than it might otherwise. In this poll 42 percent of voters identify as Democrat and 33 percent Republican, and that’s about where the party identification numbers have been all year.

"It seems increasingly clear that this race will come down to which candidate can better appeal to the roughly one-third of independent voters who remain undecided," says Ernie Paicopolos, a principal of Opinion Dynamics.

McCain’s support declines a little when third party candidates are included, even though Libertarian Bob Barr receives less than 1 percent and independent Ralph Nader receives only 2 percent, Obama’s advantage goes to 3 percentage points (40 percent to 37 percent). Another 17 percent are undecided.

More voters say they would be “enthusiastic” if Obama (23 percent) were to become the next president than if McCain does (13 percent). On the other hand, more also say they would be “scared” if Obama wins (19 percent) than if McCain wins (14 percent).

Overall, about equal numbers would have a positive reaction (enthusiastic or pleased) if either Obama (45 percent) or McCain (41 percent) were elected.

On the Issues

On the top issues in the election, Obama is trusted more to handle the economy (47 percent – 36 percent) and health care (51 percent – 31 percent). McCain is trusted more on the war on terrorism (52 percent – 34 percent) and the situation in Iraq (47 percent – 39 percent).

The good news for the Obama campaign is significantly more people say they will decide their vote based on economic issues (40 percent) than on national security issues (18 percent).

The candidates are essentially tied when asked which is trusted more to appoint justices to the U.S. Supreme Court (Obama 40 percent – McCain 41 percent) and hold down spending (Obama 41 percent – McCain 41 percent).

Many more voters think Obama (30 percent) has made some “serious changes” to his positions on the issues since the end of the primary than think McCain has (18 percent). Equal numbers of voters think Obama (36 percent) and McCain (37 percent) have made small changes to their positions.

Is Obama a Christian or a Muslim?

A majority thinks talk of Obama being a Muslim is just that – talk. Some 57 percent say Obama is a Christian and disregard comments about him being a Muslim as rumor. One in ten 10 percent believe Obama is a Muslim. Another 27 percent are unsure.

Majorities of Democrats (71 percent) and independents (59 percent) believe Obama is a Christian. Republicans (20 percent) are much more likely than independents (7 percent) and Democrats (5 percent) to believe Obama is secretly a Muslim.

Just under half — 49 percent — think McCain’s time in a North Vietnamese prisoner of war camp would make him a better president and 11 percent say that experience would make him a worse president. One third (33 percent) say McCain’s five years in captivity would make no difference to his ability to serve as president.

Two Likeable Guys

Both Obama and McCain are viewed positively by voters. A 58 percent majority has a favorable opinion of Obama and 33 percent unfavorable. For McCain, 54 percent view him favorably and 38 percent unfavorably.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Obama 1% ahead of Mccaine (BOY!!!! this is gonna be close)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 02:55:48 PM »
Not sure that I would trust a Fox poll.

Americans are stupid. They support Obama, who they think will bring them relief at the pump, but don't seem to care or notice that his oil platform (absolutely no drilling) will only cause prices to continue to skyrocket.

I don't think this is willful self-hatred and insanity like we see in Israel, just stupidity and ignorance.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 04:26:16 PM »
Not sure that I would trust a Fox poll.

Americans are stupid. They support Obama, who they think will bring them relief at the pump, but don't seem to care or notice that his oil platform (absolutely no drilling) will only cause prices to continue to skyrocket.

I don't think this is willful self-hatred and insanity like we see in Israel, just stupidity and ignorance.

Fox polls are usually within 1 percent or two of other polls (Gallup, CNN, etc)

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 04:28:53 PM »
I'm still skeptical. If only it really were a 1% gap. McCain took a beating pretty badly this week.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 04:50:08 PM »
I'm still skeptical. If only it really were a 1% gap. McCain took a beating pretty badly this week.

Mcaine's candidacy is incompetent, and he has NO charisma or integrity.  So... YES... things could be MUCH better.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 05:28:08 PM »
Mccain acts like a fairy and dosent attack Obama.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 05:36:40 PM »
You know, I feel that if we succeed and defeat this guy, we will have averted a great disaster for a somewhat smaller disaster.  McCain sucks.  Almost any republican would have been better.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 06:28:51 PM »
Mccain acts like a fairy and dosent attack Obama.
The guy acts like he's forgotten his name, where he lives, what year it is, etc.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 06:41:17 PM »
I can't think of a worse Republican Presidential candidate than McCain.

I think it only fair that John McCain be cornered wearing a yarmulke at Yad Vashem, and asked point blank:

"Senator McCain, your Democratic opponent Obama has refused to tell the world how it is he will prevent another Holocaust against Israel."...

"So, Senator McCain, will you personally guarantee that another Holocaust against Israel will never take place?"... "And if so, please state for the record how it is that you will prevent it."

Personally I have little if any faith that McCain, if asked, will offer anything more than doubletalk regarding his commitment to a "Two-State Solution".

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 06:42:37 PM »
I believe the polls are wrong, McCain is actually doing better than expected!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2008, 06:45:22 PM »
You guys are hysterical. America needs a president and it seems like you dont know who you are going to vote for. I am going to vote for McCain because he is the best candidate. I also am voting for McCain because he is not Obama.

The only way Obama will not be elected is if McCain is elected. That is most obvious. You may not be happy with McCain, but for the sake of Heaven, come on guys... Put your strength behind him. Complaining and bitching about Obama is not productive. Making sure his opposition wins is doing something positive.

Im sure you could go on complaining all day about what you dont like about McCain.... Personally I could care less...

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 06:53:44 PM »

Mcaine's candidacy is incompetent, and he has NO charisma or integrity.  So... YES... things could be MUCH better.

Integrity is not a part of todays society. Charisma, is a STUPID reason for someone to become the US PRES and leader of the free world. Matter of FACT, a 'level' headed person, should start to look better, considering this financial crisis.  Obama is just THAT: EMPTY words of charismatic jargon. AND, HE IS A muZlim. I DONT CARE WHAT they say., a homo too, a leftist, gangster and crook.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2008, 07:00:44 PM »
Memo to McCain: Take your dementia meds before you go on national television.

Muman: I agree with your assessment. I am voting for him because he is not Obama, and is better than Obama (or more accurately, not as bad as Obama). But he still sucks big-time.