Author Topic: Is this wine from the liberated territories of Judea and Samaria?  (Read 2214 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 09:50:37 AM by Pheasant »
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Is this wine from the liberated territories of Judea and Samaria?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 03:38:43 PM »
Efrat is the oldest winery in Israel (1870), it is not located in the liberated land although some of the vineyard may.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 08:22:51 AM »
Efrat is the oldest winery in Israel (1870), it is not located in the liberated land although some of the vineyard may.

Thank you for this info. I have tried it yesterday. It has a pleasant taste but different from all the red-wines I ever tried. Also for a red wine it was rather light (Under 12 percent of vol). What I liked specially it was dry and tastes very earthy and mineral. :)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 08:49:37 AM »
If you want to give a chance to a wine from the liberated land, try Hebron Wines. The winery is in Kiryat Arba and the vineyards are in Hebron mountains.
http://www.israelwines.co.il/Wineries/Winery.asp?WineryID=37