Author Topic: Clip of Top Obama Advisor Samantha Power calling for the Invasion of Israel!  (Read 2203 times)

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage

Her unbelievable comments take place at 51:00 to 53:50

here is a transcript
Interviewer: Let me give you a thought experiment here, and it is the following: without addressing the Palestine - Israel problem, let's say you were an advisor to the President of the United States, how would you respond to current events there? Would you advise him to put a structure in place to monitor that situation, at least if one party or another [starts] looking like they might be moving toward genocide?

Samantha Power : I don't think that in any of the cases, a shortage of information is the problem. I actually think in the Palestine - Israel situation, there's an abundance of information. What we don't need is some kind of early warning mechanism there, what we need is a willingness to put something on the line in helping the situation. Putting something on the line might mean alienating a domestic constituency of tremendous political and financial import; it may more crucially mean sacrificing -- or investing, I think, more than sacrificing -- billions of dollars, not in servicing Israel's military, but actually investing in the new state of Palestine, in investing the billions of dollars it would probably take, also, to support what will have to be a mammoth protection force, not of the old Rwanda kind, but a meaningful military presence. Because it seems to me at this stage (and this is true of actual genocides as well, and not just major human rights abuses, which were seen there), you have to go in as if you're serious, you have to put something on the line.

Unfortunately, imposition of a solution on unwilling parties is dreadful. It's a terrible thing to do, it's fundamentally undemocratic. But, sadly, we don't just have a democracy here either, we have a liberal democracy. There are certain sets of principles that guide our policy, or that are meant to, anyway. It's essential that some set of principles becomes the benchmark, rather than a deference to [leaders] who are fundamentally politically destined to destroy the lives of their own people. And by that I mean what Tom Freidman has called "Sharafat." I do think in that sense, both political leaders have been dreadfully irresponsible. And, unfortunately, it does require external intervention, which, very much like the Rwanda scenario, that thought experiment, if we had intervened early.... Any intervention is going to come under fierce criticism. But we have to think about lesser evils, especially when the human stakes are becoming ever more pronounced.

For a long time I have been looking for this incriminating clip to my previous post about her.

Nothing is more convincing than Video images rather than a simple transcript of her comments.

This clip should be shown to every single Jew and Righteous Gentile in America.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 12:16:38 PM by Maimonides »
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
I think she was the one dismissed by Obama as foreign policy advisor though.  The problem with people like her is she's very, very smart and evil.  She's an intellectual elitist and an anti-Semite.  Just from the statement...

I actually think in the Palestine - Israel situation, there's an abundance of information. What we don't need is some kind of early warning mechanism there, what we need is a willingness to put something on the line in helping the situation. Putting something on the line might mean alienating a domestic constituency of tremendous political and financial import;

People like her don't just say, "the Jews are in control and we need to stop them" but she is saying that she would use America to militarily confront Israel and to hell with the Jews in America who disagree with it. 

People like her are so dangerous because they are all about intellectual adventures and have little concern for on the ground reality.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
See my question to Chaim in this week's Ask JTF.

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
I think she was the one dismissed by Obama as foreign policy advisor though. 

She may have been dismissed for now, but will return if he is elected no doubt.

In addition her thinking represents him and the rest of his staff.
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
I think she was the one dismissed by Obama as foreign policy advisor though. 

She may have been dismissed for now, but will return if he is elected no doubt.

In addition her thinking represents him and the rest of his staff.

That's very true..the media would never call him on it too.

See my question to Chaim in this week's Ask JTF.

I hope that never happens, but I feel we're going to be on a very long rollercoaster ride over the next few years.