Author Topic: Tehillim - Chapter 77  (Read 2582 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Tehillim - Chapter 77
« on: July 30, 2008, 03:26:34 AM »
Another of my favorite awe inspiring Psalms from the Book of Tehillim:

Chapter 77
1. For the Conductor, on the yedutun, by Asaph, a psalm.
2. [I raise] my voice to G-d and cry out; [I raise] my voice to G-d and He will listen to me.
3. On the day of my distress I sought my Lord. My wound oozes at night and does not abate; my soul refuses to be consoled.
4. I remember G-d and I moan; I speak and my spirit faints, Selah.
5. You grasped my eyelids; I am broken, I cannot speak.
6. I think of olden days, of ancient years.
7. During the night I recall my music, I meditate with my heart, and my spirit searches: 
8. Is it for eternity that my Lord forsakes [me], nevermore to be appeased?
9. Has His kindness ceased forever? Has He sealed the decree for all generations?
10. Has G-d forgotten mercy? Has He in anger restrained His compassion forever?
11. I said, "It is to terrify me that the right hand of the Most High changes.”
12. I remember the deeds of Yah, when I remember Your wonders of long ago.
13. I meditate on all Your works, and speak of Your deeds.
14. O G-d, Your way is in sanctity; what G-d is as great as G-d?
15. You are the G-d Who works wonders; You make Your might known among the nations.
16. You redeemed Your people with a mighty arm, the children of Jacob and Joseph, Selah.
17. The waters saw You, O G-d, the waters saw You and trembled; even the deep shuddered.
18. The clouds streamed water, the heavens sounded forth, even Your arrows flew about.
19. The sound of Your thunder was in the rolling wind; lightning lit up the world; the earth trembled and quaked.
20. Your way was through the sea, Your path through the mighty waters; and Your footsteps were not known.
21. You led Your people like a flock, by the hand of Moses and Aaron

Hashem is merciful to his beloved people. We must pray for the peace of Jerusalem and the entire world. I just listened to a shuir on the power of meditative prayer {hisbonenut} and I hope that this psalm touches someone like it does me.

muman613
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 03:31:48 AM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
Re: Tehillim - Chapter 77
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 04:53:09 AM »
Another of my favorite awe inspiring Psalms from the Book of Tehillim:

Chapter 77
1. For the Conductor, on the yedutun, by Asaph, a psalm.
2. [I raise] my voice to G-d and cry out; [I raise] my voice to G-d and He will listen to me.
3. On the day of my distress I sought my Lord. My wound oozes at night and does not abate; my soul refuses to be consoled.
4. I remember G-d and I moan; I speak and my spirit faints, Selah.
5. You grasped my eyelids; I am broken, I cannot speak.
6. I think of olden days, of ancient years.
7. During the night I recall my music, I meditate with my heart, and my spirit searches: 
8. Is it for eternity that my Lord forsakes [me], nevermore to be appeased?
9. Has His kindness ceased forever? Has He sealed the decree for all generations?
10. Has G-d forgotten mercy? Has He in anger restrained His compassion forever?
11. I said, "It is to terrify me that the right hand of the Most High changes.”
12. I remember the deeds of Yah, when I remember Your wonders of long ago.
13. I meditate on all Your works, and speak of Your deeds.
14. O G-d, Your way is in sanctity; what G-d is as great as G-d?
15. You are the G-d Who works wonders; You make Your might known among the nations.
16. You redeemed Your people with a mighty arm, the children of Jacob and Joseph, Selah.
17. The waters saw You, O G-d, the waters saw You and trembled; even the deep shuddered.
18. The clouds streamed water, the heavens sounded forth, even Your arrows flew about.
19. The sound of Your thunder was in the rolling wind; lightning lit up the world; the earth trembled and quaked.
20. Your way was through the sea, Your path through the mighty waters; and Your footsteps were not known.
21. You led Your people like a flock, by the hand of Moses and Aaron

Hashem is merciful to his beloved people. We must pray for the peace of Jerusalem and the entire world. I just listened to a shuir on the power of meditative prayer {hisbonenut} and I hope that this psalm touches someone like it does me.

muman613

Muman, I believe you to be the most extraordinary person on THIS forum. TY, I like the 139th
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline YESHA

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Pro JTFer
  • I love our Yesha residents - Judea & Samaria.
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 06:03:35 AM »
I was attacked by two black filthy Nazi beasts yesterday. More on my show.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 02:53:20 PM »
I was attacked by two black filthy Nazi beasts yesterday. More on my show.

Why dont you tell us here what happened?

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14