General Category > Ask JTF

Ask JTF For Purim, March 4.

(1/8) > >>

admin:
BS"D

Hi Chaim,

Happy Purim! May all the present day Amalek be wiped out as well to mark this Purim!

You have said you like Italians and Irish. What is your opinion on the governments of Italy and Ireland today and the people living there? Northern Ireland which is part of The United Kingdom is generally more Pro-Israel than the Catholic Republic of Ireland. The IRA which fought The British I think are Anti-Israel and have worked with The PLO. But I know you have praised the Irish fight against The British.

Why do you single out Irish and Italians as the people that made a great contribution to America? The Founding Fathers were mostly WASPs. Why don't you praise the WASPs of America? I have heard you condemn England and you insulted the island but then offered your apologies to Scotland. How do you reconcile your dislike of The British People if the first white Americans were themselves British? What do you think of WASPs in America today? I can understand though why you condemn their government.

Since you don't have anything against Scotland, what is your opinion on Wales and The Welsh? What do you think of Scottish and Welsh Americans today?

What is your opinion of The Episcopalian Church since it is tied in with The Church of England? Are they like the Bible believing Christians led by Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell?

What do you think of The Amish of rural Pennsylvania? Can they be considered to be Bible believing Christians and/or Righteous Gentiles like Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell?

What do you think of The Quakers? Can they considered to be Bible believing Christians and/or Righteous Gentiles like Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell?

What do you think of Americans of French descent?

What do you think of white Cajun French in New Orleans?

What do you think of Americans of Scandinavian descent?

What do you think of Americans of German descent?

What do you think of Americans of white Spanish (Spain, not Latin America) descent?

What do you think of Americans of Dutch descent?

What do you think of Americans of white Portuguese descent?

What do you think of Americans of Belgian descent?

What do you think of Americans of Russian descent?

What do you think of Americans of Polish descent?

What do you think of Americans of other Eastern European descent?

Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim,
Chief Administrator.

jsullivan:
Yacov Menashe asked me to post this.

1. Why did you say you can't accuse a Jew of committing suicide if you accuse Irv Rubin of committing suicide?

2. Do you believe the below report increases Baruch Marzel's chances of being elected? I first posted it a while ago so by now it might not be relevant news anymore.

A Move to Increase Knesset to 180 MKs
05:45 Sep 26, '06 / 4 Tishrei 5767
by Yechiel Spira

Kadima MK Prof. Menachem Ben-Sasson, who chairs the Knesset Law Committee, supports increasing the Knesset from its current 120 MKs to 180. 

Ben-Sasson explains that at present, about one-third of the MKs are serving as cabinet ministers or deputy ministers, leaving the work of members of Knesset in the hands of only 80 lawmakers. On an average, an MK serves on six different committees he explains, making their effectiveness on any one committee somewhat limited.

Adding 60 MKs he explains would result in MKs serving on an average of two committees, permitting him to then focus his energies on those committees as should be the case. Ben-Sasson believes expanding the number of MKs would be a positive step towards revamping the political system.

If his proposal is not accepted, Ben-Sasson plans to support the Norwegian Law which would compel MKs appointed to a cabinet position to resign as MKs during their tenure as a government minister. Their Knesset slot would go to the next in line on that party’s ballot.

Among the outspoken opponents of the plan is Prof. Shevach Weiss, a former Knesset Speaker. Weiss stated that at present, the Knesset is not overwhelmingly popular and a call to increase its size by one-third would be met with angry public accusations of wasting additional taxpayer funds. Weiss stated that if the Knesset enjoyed widespread public support, then such a move might be feasible but considering public realities, it would be a mistake.

Prof Arik Carmon, who heads the Israel Democracy Institute, came out in support of the move in his statements released on Monday. He explained that at present, the Knesset is unable to carry out one of its primary tasks, to oversee and monitor the performance of the cabinet. He added the individual burden of MKs would be lessened by his expansion plan, permitting each elected official to carry out his/her duties more efficiently, making the Knesset a more attractive option to higher caliber individuals who might as a result opt to consider running for an elected post.

Ben-Sasson stated that with the opening of the Knesset winter session, he plans to form a subcommittee which will probe the proposed change in the structure of the Knesset; a move he is certain will contribute to the running of the government and Knesset alike. He added that in internal Kadima Party discussions on the idea, the prime minister and others expressed their support for the plan.

Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks:
Dear Chaim,

A: I am very aware that over the years JTF has been highly supportive of white South Africans, and rightfully so. However, what specifically is your opinion of the SA military's "dirty war" (to use the Bolshevist vernacular) in the '60s/'70s/'80s against pro-ANC subversives? If you believe the Bolshevists, many of those arrested and "abducted" by the SA secret police were tortured and executed and many were Jews. I do not give a crap about any of them because as far as I know all of these were evil, schvartze-sympathizing communists. It is said that a certain portion of hard-core Boer society was always anti-Semitic, but weren't all Jewish prisoners under the white government self-haters/Israel-haters?

B: Under a Kahanist regime, would average Israelis who support surrender or belong to pro-handover parties like Kadima be classified as goyim and exiled? A Jewish friend of mine from another forum and I were discussing this this summer and we both agreed that appeasenik kapos should lose the right to be considered Jews. What does rabbinic or Talmudic law state about excommunication from Judaism?

Chaimfan

Maimonides:
Shalom Chaim, Happy Purim and thank you as always for your hard work and answering my questions.

Do you believe that Israeli should use tactical nukes against Iran? These are nukes that won't have the kind of radioactive fallout that could reach Israel, but maybe Iraq and kill US troops.

Despite that risk why should one Jewish life be risked inorder to minimize so called Iranian "civilian casaulties". If Israel strikes Iran but does not finish the entire country off, then Iran can still retaliate with missiles that have chemical or biological warheads that can devestate Israel.

ChaimJr.:
1. Is it wrong to place people on life support if they are in Sharon's irreversible situation if they are not evil mosrim like Sharon?

2. Did you have a Bar Mitzvah reception? Did we get jipped that my father handed out dixie cup ice cream cups to the kids in the back of the shul for my Bar Mitzvah?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version