Author Topic: Qestions on Kosher???  (Read 11910 times)

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Qestions on Kosher???
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2008, 08:39:02 PM »
i'm not a big fan of microwaves, particularly not in the office because a routine of microwave use may not be healthy.. Nevertheless.

How does one use a microwave in an office where people also use the microwave for their treif food?

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2008, 08:44:39 PM »
Heck, just throw it in the deep fryer and that will kill anything...
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2008, 10:19:48 PM »
Heck, just throw it in the deep fryer and that will kill anything...

including yourself!

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2008, 10:55:46 PM »

How does one use a microwave in an office where people also use the microwave for their treif food?

I guess you dont (shouldn't).
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2008, 11:15:22 PM »

I guess you dont (shouldn't).

you can.. there are ways. I don't know details though.

I think there are 2 routes to go about it
a)kosher the microwave
b)deal with the food container

koshering the microwave involves using a cup of water and moving it around and putting it on for x minutes.

dealing with the food container, I think is just having 2 layers..
some people use plastic, but that's probably dangerous - in terms of health. You shouldn't put plastic in the mirowave (except maybe, maybe, special plastic). And especially not around your food and in the microwave.

2 glass containers is another option.

something like that anyway.

Many would avoid the microwave 'cos they don't know or aren't confident in doing it.

Offline muslimslayer0075995

• Senior JTFer
  • the death of islam will benifit the world
    • zionist republic
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2008, 09:57:15 PM »
congratulations  ;D
islam isnt relgion its perpetuated hatred of the infidels

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2008, 12:13:34 PM »
David, the last few weeks I have seriously altered my diet in a desire to eat more healthy and lose some weight. I have cut way back on processed carbs and many times will eat sandwich components minus the bread.

One of the health nuts in my office brought to my attention that deli meats are full of nitrates and other nasty chemicals. Can you adivse that if they are branded Kosher does this mean they do or don't have lots of nasty chemicals and processing?

Net net, from a health perspective are Kosher meats healthier than non-Kosher meats?

Thanks,

Sham
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2008, 07:39:21 PM »
I must warn you.

Kosher DOES NOT IMPLY HEALTHY.

Sure, some non kosher things are unhealthy, And so kosher food may not contain those.

But it can contain kosher things are are not healthy. 

Jewish companies their priority is that the food is kosher. Their priority is not health.

Kosher makes often make food that is high in sugar and salt and even contain transfats. VERY VERY unhealthy.

Generally, kosher takeaways are healthier than non kosher ones.  People I know that have eaten both say that the kosher meat is fresher and they can taste the difference.  That McDonals burgers are so thin and salty they wouldn't be fit for a dustbin in a kosher restaurant. Still though, takeaways are unhealthy.
As a guy though, I think meat is a damn important part of a man's diet! If you're a meat eater then you'd know that!  May not be great for the heart, but a man knows it fuels him!

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2008, 07:59:35 PM »
Thanks q_q_, I appreciate the response. I have quit eating beef and pork and now just eat chicken, turkey and fish. I also eat a smaller portions of meat, making fruit and vegetables the main portion of my meal.

It's amazing how much better you feel after just a couple of weeks.

Every now and then I still get a craving for a big juicy hamburger with bleu cheese, bacon, BBQ sauce.......   :-X :-X :-X