Author Topic: My experience with FEDEX today, refused to ship my gun ground.  (Read 6885 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
I had to send one of my rifles out to be repaired and went to FEDEX, I've always used FEDEX because of bad experience with UPS and their bad handling of packages. FEDEX has always been more expensive but i've used them regardless. I bring my rifle which is in the box and by law you have to declare your shipping a firearm. The law states (IIRC) that handguns must be shipped overnight, and rifles can be shipped ground. The last time I shipped was 4 months ago and I only paid 25 dollars for ground.

Well when I went in, it was a older lady and asked where I was shipping to, she asked me to declare the value and what I was shipping and I stated that I was shipping a rifle for repair. Her eyes got all wide and she said "I don't know if we ship firearms" and went to talk to a supervisor and then she came back saying "you have to ship the rifle overnight it will be 119 dollars" and I said "no that's only for handguns, and I've shipped here before ground" and she replied "Well whoever did it was wrong and wasn't suppose to" so I just flat out told her I was going to UPS. Went to UPS, no problems at all and it cost me 20 dollars.

Pisses me off, I wasted 30 minutes debating with the [censored], and I think she purposely discriminated against me for my age and the fact I was shipping a firearm.

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
Re: My experience with FEDEX today, refused to ship my gun ground.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 07:24:29 PM »
Kurva?
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 07:27:22 PM »
Kurva?

It's the censorship, it won't let me put the word.

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 07:36:07 PM »
Maybe it was the rifle slung over your shoulder that unnerved her...   :laugh:
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 07:41:19 PM »
Maybe it was the rifle slung over your shoulder that unnerved her...   :laugh:

It was in a box.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 08:08:17 PM »
Ship with United Parcel Service it is a company that still employs humans. Fedex is less picky about what they hire. Um Hmm
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 11:05:30 PM »
Why not try DHL

Offline rob shepherd

• Full JTFer
  • We will be victorious!!
    • myspace.com
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 11:12:47 PM »
Is kurva Jewish slang for bleeding heart liberal?  Yes DHL might be better.

I had to send one of my rifles out to be repaired and went to FEDEX, I've always used FEDEX because of bad experience with UPS and their bad handling of packages. FEDEX has always been more expensive but i've used them regardless. I bring my rifle which is in the box and by law you have to declare your shipping a firearm. The law states (IIRC) that handguns must be shipped overnight, and rifles can be shipped ground. The last time I shipped was 4 months ago and I only paid 25 dollars for ground.

Well when I went in, it was a older lady and asked where I was shipping to, she asked me to declare the value and what I was shipping and I stated that I was shipping a rifle for repair. Her eyes got all wide and she said "I don't know if we ship firearms" and went to talk to a supervisor and then she came back saying "you have to ship the rifle overnight it will be 119 dollars" and I said "no that's only for handguns, and I've shipped here before ground" and she replied "Well whoever did it was wrong and wasn't suppose to" so I just flat out told her I was going to UPS. Went to UPS, no problems at all and it cost me 20 dollars.

Pisses me off, I wasted 30 minutes debating with the kurva, and I think she purposely discriminated against me for my age and the fact I was shipping a firearm.
Rob Shepherd, proud AMERICAN infidel

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2008, 11:14:41 PM »
Is kurva Jewish slang for bleeding heart liberal?  Yes DHL might be better.

Pisses me off, I wasted 30 minutes debating with the kurva, and I think she purposely discriminated against me for my age and the fact I was shipping a firearm.

Kurva is a curse

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 11:03:03 AM »
stupid old leftist witch.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline V2

• New JTFer
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2008, 08:11:02 PM »

I Hate FedEx. They won't get a signature and they just leave your packages in the lobby and they get stolen. EVERYTIME I have ordered anything and they used FedEx, I NEVER got the package. I have made 5 disputes in the past few months with my credit card over this BUT I have NEVER had a problem with UPS.  O0

IF I order a gun online it MUST be shipped to a licensed gun dealer near me where I can pick it up. Reminds me I have to go and do some practice target shooting soon.

I have the gun within arms reach but it's not loaded. I have to become more confident and proficient with it before I can let it sit here loaded. Makes me too nervous BUT if I needed it in a hurry I'd be screwed unless I beat the person over the head with the handle. But I do have other NASTY weapons. I have a partiality to the Medievil kinds. They get the job done.  :o Just swing one of these spiked bats once and hit hard enough and it the right spot they'll go down. A Puncturing Punch is no fun.

Oh, I am a girl by the way.  ;) Just so you know. ^-^

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2008, 09:13:20 PM »

I Hate FedEx. They won't get a signature and they just leave your packages in the lobby and they get stolen. EVERYTIME I have ordered anything and they used FedEx, I NEVER got the package. I have made 5 disputes in the past few months with my credit card over this BUT I have NEVER had a problem with UPS.  O0

IF I order a gun online it MUST be shipped to a licensed gun dealer near me where I can pick it up. Reminds me I have to go and do some practice target shooting soon.

I have the gun within arms reach but it's not loaded. I have to become more confident and proficient with it before I can let it sit here loaded. Makes me too nervous BUT if I needed it in a hurry I'd be screwed unless I beat the person over the head with the handle. But I do have other NASTY weapons. I have a partiality to the Medievil kinds. They get the job done.  :o Just swing one of these spiked bats once and hit hard enough and it the right spot they'll go down. A Puncturing Punch is no fun.

Your right about that, when fedex delivered my assembled rifle, they just left it on the porch without a signature, I came home with it sitting there. I was like "WTF?!", I was mad. Anyways, I've had bad experience in the past with UPS because they rough up packages but since fedex [censored] me off, they won't get my business anymore. Their overpriced anyways.

Offline V2

• New JTFer
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2008, 05:32:08 PM »

Isn't that odd. We have total opposite experiences with the same companies. I trust UPS. I even gave my regular guy a key to the lobby door so he can bring it right up without waiting for me.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2008, 06:17:59 PM »
Nothing is perfect however UPS does a good job. The company runs a tight ship and for the most part things are handled well. I had a chance to work for them some years ago and passed up the offer and not a day goes by that I don't kick myself for a bad decision. I have yet to be disappointed by anything I have received through UPS. V2, medieval  weapons and spiked bats? Sounds like your ready for any annoyance that may raise it's head  ;)
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2008, 12:02:36 AM »
Nothing is perfect however UPS does a good job. The company runs a tight ship and for the most part things are handled well. I had a chance to work for them some years ago and passed up the offer and not a day goes by that I don't kick myself for a bad decision. I have yet to be disappointed by anything I have received through UPS. V2, medieval  weapons and spiked bats? Sounds like your ready for any annoyance that may raise it's head  ;)

What like this?

Offline rob shepherd

• Full JTFer
  • We will be victorious!!
    • myspace.com
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2008, 03:11:34 PM »
There are two safties for most weapons.  The actual saftey itself, and of course, the trigger finger.  Finger outside trigger guard = safety on, finger on trigger = saftey off.  I keep my weapons locked and loaded at all times.  There is one in every room of the house of various sorts.  The big firepower is in bedroom, where I will make last stand.  God bless AMERICA and ISRAEL!!!!!

Rob Shepherd, proud AMERICAN infidel

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2008, 03:20:48 PM »
My only experience with UPS and FEDEX is the high price they charge. DHL is much more cheaper. I only pay 9.438 Dollar for a packet up to a weight of 31 kg. This is not so bad.

Fedex and UPS are extortioners.  :(
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani