Author Topic: Italy horrified by 'Clockwork Orange' assault on monks  (Read 2405 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Italy horrified by 'Clockwork Orange' assault on monks
« on: August 29, 2008, 11:18:53 AM »
Were the offenders quranimals?

Italy horrified by 'Clockwork Orange' assault on monks

Italians have been left shocked by a ferocious assault on Franciscan monks by hooded thugs at a monastery in the foothills of the Alps, which has been compared to incidents seen in the film 'A Clockwork Orange'.

Father Sergio Baldin, 48, the guardian of the San Colombano Belmonte monastery near Turin, and three elderly monks from the Franciscan order of Friars Minor, were having their evening meal when they were attacked by three hooded men who gagged and bound them before punching, kicking and beating them with clubs.

Father Baldin suffered severe head injuries but also has "serious respiratory problems" because he choked on his food while being assaulted, doctors say. He has had brain surgery and was in a coma.

Father Salvatore Magliano, 86, Father Emanuele Battagliotti, 81, and Father Martino Gurini, 76 suffered less serious injuries, but were still being treated in hospital today.

Speaking from his hospital bed, Father Battagliotti said the monks had been eating "a dish of spinach" when they heard noises outside.

"I got up to have a look, but the moment I got to the door I was attacked - suddenly, immediately. I was struck on the head with a blow which made me totter," he said.

"Father Sergio (Baldin) came to my aid. He put himself in front of me to try and defend me, but he too was knocked down without mercy. They hit him until he stopped crying out. Then they beat Father Salvatore and Father Martin as well. It was terrible."

Cardinal Severino Poletto, the Archbishop of Turin, who visited the victims in hospital, said the attack was "beyond comprehension". The only possible explanation was that the assailants had been "either drugged or possessed, or both", he said.

Police said the motive appeared to robbery, although the monks only had "small amounts of money". A spokesman said: "Presumably the attackers thought they would find riches at the monastery."

Italian media compared the attack to A Clockwork Orange, Anthony Burgess's story of violent young thugs, filmed in 1971 by Stanley Kubrick.

Father Gabriele Trivellin, provincial head of the Friars Minor, said the assault amounted to "mindless, savage and gratuitous violence". He said the hooded men had carried on beating the monks even though they offered no resistance.

Colonel Antonio De Vita, head of the Carabinieri in the province of Turin, said a manhunt was under way for the perpetrators, with road blocks set up in the area of the monastery.

Source: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article4625001.ece
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Italy horrified by 'Clockwork Orange' assault on monks
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 11:22:21 AM »
It doesn't seem to say who attacked them. Was this attack possibly religiously motivated?

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 11:25:22 AM »
It doesn't seem to say who attacked them. Was this attack possibly religiously motivated?

There is said nothing about the motives of the offenders. Only that they robbed from the monks a small amount of money, that they had.  :(

But nearly all such crimes are committed by quranimals.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 11:55:59 AM »
If I were there I'd like to put a hooded robe on to hide my identity and kill these muzzies with the song Feuer Frei! playing in the background. lol I'd shoot them where it says BANG BANG

Offline Daniele.from.Italy

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 03:44:13 AM »
As far as it seems, weeks/months before the monks helped a prostitute to get out of the prostitution racket and because of that her protectors decide to take their "revenge" on the monks.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 05:48:16 AM »
So it was Albanians
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03