Author Topic: Ferocious Attack on Olympian's Family in Beijing: I Smell a Rat Here  (Read 2626 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
What do you think of the savage "random" attack by a deranged Chinese man in Beijing yesterday that claimed the life of Todd Bachman (father of U.S. volleyball competitor Elizabeth Bachman) and left his wife and their Chinese tour guide in grave condition?

Something is not sitting right with the official story we are being given. A random crazy man evades ALL of the Chinese Nazis' security checks in the heart of downtown Beijing, which is all-but-closed currently to regular citizen traffic, and manages to attack an obviously Western family in broad daylight with nobody to stop him, and then conveniently climbs a rooftop and jumps off it to commit suicide?  :o

If anyone believes this ChiCom account, I have a bridge to sell them...  ::)

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/news?slug=jo-olyvictims081008&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Quote from: Yahoo Sports
In Beijing, a family torn asunder
By Josh Peter, Yahoo! Sports
10 hours, 18 minutes ago

BEIJING – A knife-wielding man. An unprovoked attack. A husband dead and his wife in critical condition. Their daughter, a former U.S. Olympian, at the scene of the crime where the assailant jumps 130 feet to his death and everyone is left to wonder.

Why?

The question remains unanswered in part because details of the attack remain scarce. But a portrait of the victims that has emerged after a series of interviews helps explain why a deep, personal grief has swept across pockets of the United States and rocked the tight-knight world of volleyball.

“It’s like losing part of your family,” said Nancy Metcalf, a member of the 2004 U.S. women’s volleyball team.

Their names are Todd and Barbara Bachman. Their daughter Elisabeth played for the 2004 U.S. Olympic team, and their son-in-law, Hugh McCutcheon, is the head coach of the U.S. men’s volleyball team. Their story begins when UCLA’s volleyball coaches arrived in 1995 at the Bachman home in suburban Minneapolis hoping to sign Elisabeth, then one the nation’s most coveted recruits.

The front door swung open, and so did the Bachmans’ arms. They greeted UCLA’s coaches with an embrace and took them on a tour of a home lined with family photos.

“They immediately made you feel so at ease, as it if was your home too,” said Andy Banachowski, UCLA’s head coach.

Recalled UCLA assistant coach Kim Jagd, “We were selling the Bachmans on UCLA, but they truly wanted to get to know us.”

The Bruins landed their prized recruit, and the folks in Minnesota could have told the coaches what they were getting. Elisabeth started playing volleyball as a seventh-grader and her parents turned the house into a gathering spot for the teams and chaperoned them on trips.

The Bruins weren’t getting just a star player; they were getting an entire family.

Todd and Barbara Bachman showed up to UCLA’s games – virtually every one, home and away – and entrusted their large-scale Minneapolis-based floral business to other family members. At the volleyball team’s potluck dinners, they brought a special homemade confection.

“Bachman bars,” the Bruins called them, and they became as much a fixture of the program as the couple from Minneapolis.

“You knew 30, 40 minutes before the game they would be there, smiling and cheering,” said Michelle Quon, one of Elisabeth’s former teammates at UCLA.

Their disposition manifested itself when their daughter, who goes by the nickname “Wiz,” took the court.

UCLA’s coaches watched with amusement as Elisabeth soared above the net time and again, driving spikes at her opponents.

“The first thing she would do is apologize to the player for hitting somebody,” Banachowski said. “And it wasn’t sarcastic. It was a genuine remark, a reflection of Wiz’s parents.”

During every visit to the campus, they greeted the coaches and players with hugs and a fresh batch of those homemade treats. When Elisabeth graduated from UCLA in 2000, the family handed out the recipe, and the Bachman bars spread.

Elisabeth made the U.S. national team. She was part of a squad that ascended to No. 1 in the world and arrived at the 2004 games expected to win the gold. Instead, they won only three of six matches. But even after defeats, there were two grinning fans waiting for them.

“Go get ‘em next time, girls,” the Bachmans would say.

Around the holidays, the family’s countless fans received Christmas cards bearing a picture of Todd and Barbara squeezed around their daughter during the Opening Ceremony, expectations and medals be damned.

“They had just as much fun watching Wiz play volleyball as Wiz had playing volleyball,” said Amy Hughes, who handled publicity for the UCLA teams on which Elisabeth starred.

Six years after Elisabeth graduated from UCLA, the Bruins arrived in Minneapolis for two games and Todd and Barb Bachman were in the crowd and cheering as if their daughter were still on the team. Her career ended when she retired shortly before marrying McCutcheon in 2007, and the Bachmans adopted his team as if were part of their family.

A week ago Elisabeth spoke to Metcalf, who has known the Bachmans since she first played with Elisabeth in 1999 on a U.S. national junior team. During the conversation, Elisabeth mentioned she was particularly excited about going to Beijing to watch her husband’s team compete because her parents would be joining her.

Their two other daughters live on either side of the Bachmans’ house, while volleyball has taken McCutcheon and Elisabeth to Southern California.

“She was so happy that her parents were going to be there and she was going to get to spend some time with them,” Metcalf said.

So on Friday they traveled together to the Drum Tower, a popular tourist attraction in Beijing. Then came the knife-wielding man, the unprovoked attack and as soon as officials announced that Todd Bachman, 62, was dead and his wife, Barbara, had undergone surgery and was in critical care, the frantic calls and questions began.

Of all people, why the Bachmans?

Hughes, who grew close to the family at UCLA, wrestled with her emotions. Like others, she found herself thinking of the bitter tragedy and sweet memories.

“I want to stop everything right now and find the recipe for the Bachman bars,” she said.

Some Questions and Comments:

1: To begin with, no JTFer should buy that this was random and "not related in any way" to Olympics or the fact that the victims were tourists. Gimme a break--this was a WHITE family in China that was targeted. Granted, the killer did not need to know that they were there for the ceremonies, but this doesn't change the fact that this could be a racially-motivated attack or an anti-American/anti-Western attack.

2: The killer conveniently jumps off the roof as soon as the attack ends. How so? Did anyone see this happen or is that what the Chinese police claim?

3: How did a man with a butcher knife slip through the tightest security on the planet right now so that he could murder a family in broad daylight without anyone noticing? Where were police/military?

Speculation

A: This was a Chinese Muslim Nazi shahid (not likely, but not impossible).
B: This was a random anti-white/anti-American attack that was not orchestrated by the Chinese government, but is being covered up by them.
C: This was the Chinese government sending a not-so-subtle message to the West, and America in particular, that it is not safe and that it can strike at will.

What do you think?
Chaimfan
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 02:43:50 PM by C.F. »

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
Re: Ferocious Attack on Olympian's Family in Beijing: I Smell a Rat Here
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 02:56:57 PM »
It's between A & B I would say.

This is horrible, seems like a very good family.

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 03:01:26 PM »
Where's Nik when we need him. Bush was over there and I am sure he had something to do with it!!!!  :D :D :D
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline firster555

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 03:45:42 PM »
Most likely, B, not the usual M.O. for it to be A, but it could have been a loner sudden jihadi shahid wanna be copycat of the attack there of a few days ago. The Chinese have really nothing to gain from option C, so I guess B with a slight possibility of A.
In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man. Brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 04:09:03 PM »
Where's Nik when we need him. Bush was over there and I am sure he had something to do with it!!!!  :D :D :D
Is that a joke?
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 04:13:22 PM »
Sad news.

I think "A" is most probable.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 04:16:07 PM »
I would say (B) to answer your question.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 04:18:09 PM »
It might be A

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 04:24:35 PM »
I think A is the least likely myself. B or C are more likely to me. C would make perfect sense for China.

Offline mazz

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 06:09:52 PM »
None of the above! :)
Boats are boats and ships are ships!

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2008, 12:48:20 AM »
Bump

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2008, 02:03:22 AM »
I say NONE OF THE ABOVE too...

I know many Chinese, and I know a family which does a lot of business in China and goes on business quite a lot. I have never heard of anti-White violence in China. I have spoken with several of my Chinese friends and none have ever expressed any anti-White sentiment.

It sounds like this was a lone-crazy who was looking for attention. It wouldnt benefit the Chinese government to have any interest in this kind of thing. It could be a muslime, but if it was wouldnt the Chinese disclose it?

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2008, 02:04:56 AM »
It could be a muslime, but if it was wouldnt the Chinese disclose it?
Not if they want America to continue to be unaware of the Muslim threat.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2008, 02:07:39 AM »
It could be a muslime, but if it was wouldnt the Chinese disclose it?
Not if they want America to continue to be unaware of the Muslim threat.

Judging from what some of my Chinese friends have told me, the Chinese see the threat from Islam as well as we do. I dont know what the relationship between America and China may be. It used to be a good relationship though in recent times it seems to be deteriorating as we become more aware of the lack of quality control in Chinese markets. I take everything from China with a grain of salt, but I also dont know if it is advantageous to shelter the Muslim agression which goes on in China.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2008, 02:51:49 AM »
By and large, Chinese people are evil, heartless bastards.

There may be a few exceptions, but they`re a drop in the bucket.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2008, 02:54:43 AM »

Scriabin,

Is there a people in this world you don't hate?

muman613

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2008, 02:55:47 AM »

Scriabin,

muman613

People have asked me that before too. LOL I know you're asking Scriabin but my answer to that is, those who aren't evil I don't hate. lol and that's a minority of the world it seems sometimes.

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2008, 02:56:57 AM »

Scriabin,

muman613

I worked for a Chinese company, I know.

They treat non-Chinese like dogs.

Its a fact.

I said there were a few exceptions.

What`s your problem, Newman?

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2008, 04:22:52 AM »

Scriabin,

muman613

Its a fact.

:::D
   are you suspecting a New reformed version?!LOL

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2008, 11:22:18 AM »

Scriabin,

muman613

Its a fact.

:::D
   are you suspecting a New reformed version?!LOL

Scriabin,

I dont know what you do, but I work with people from all over the world. In most cases the people are good people and it is wrong to judge people just based on their country of origin. I have discovered through my experiences in life that it is wrong to make generalizations because most times the generalization is wrong. I live amongst mexican-americans and I know that they care about raising their families just like you and I do. I work with Indians and Chinese who are both hard working and very intelligent people.

So dont expect me to jump on the bandwagon of hating everyone who is different from me. I will qualify what I say with the fact that I do beleive that it is not good to intermarry. But vilifying other peoples doesnt necessarily prevent this from happening.

Maybe my understanding of other peoples is wrong. But my experience shows otherwise. Ive been shown kindness from people whom you would be surprised, including Romanians, Polish, Russians, and French. And they all know I am Jewish.

muman613

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2008, 12:17:54 PM »
Chinese people by in large seem like descent people.  Your always gonna have a few nuts who hate us.  Of course, the only ones I really know are those who run the take out joint where I eat a few times a week. 

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2008, 02:53:57 PM »
Just because most Chinese Americans are hardworking, good people does not necessarily mean the same is true in China. Even there, I do not suspect that most Chinese are Nazis, but you have to remember that it is a ferociously anti-American regime that brainwashes its people against America. Surely some people go along with this official line.

Offline Gruzinit

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2008, 08:33:02 PM »
What a tragic situation. I'm sure know one will know the truth intentions behind the attack, if he had lived to be captured the chinese would have just tossed him in a cell like the rest of their prisoners and issued some terse, politically correct statement.
The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money. – Alexis de Tocqueville

Communism is like prohibition, it's a good idea but it won't work. - Will Rogers

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2008, 08:34:25 PM »
How do we know that the Chinese police didn't ice him?