Author Topic: Question to Moderators and Admins  (Read 1526 times)

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
Question to Moderators and Admins
« on: August 11, 2008, 10:54:27 AM »
Why were several posts of mine deleted last night? There have certainly been a lot of debates on this forum much more heated than this.

When deleting a post, would you guys consider an IM to the offending party just to let them know where they crossed the boundary? I found this is done on other forums and reigns in unwanted behavior.

I'm a creature of habit. Until I am know why I am whacked I typically just keep getting whacked.   :-\

Thanks

Sham out!
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
Re: Question to Moderators and Admins
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 10:57:49 AM »
Why were several posts of mine deleted last night? There have certainly been a lot of debates on this forum much more heated than this.

When deleting a post, would you guys consider an IM to the offending party just to let them know where they crossed the boundary? I found this is done on other forums and reigns in unwanted behavior.

I'm a creature of habit. Until I am know why I am whacked I typically just keep getting whacked.   :-\

Thanks

Sham out!

What was deleted, Shamgar?
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 11:01:39 AM »
Topic: An introduction to black family problems ... (video) 

There was a long and active discussion going on about 9-11:00 PM ET last night. It looks like a lot of American Hero's posts were deleted too.

I am not upset, I am just curiouse why they were taken out? I didn't see any of it as controversial.
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 11:02:26 AM »
I wouldnt know I wasn't here
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 11:12:43 AM »
Ok, I checked the moderation logs. No posts have been deleted since the 8th.

However, Hail Columbia moved like 20 threads from the General Discussion topic. He probably just moved your post. Check your last posted messages from the link in your profile.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 11:16:19 AM »
OK. Not worth chasing down. But I did notice my post count went down.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 11:16:30 AM »

However, Hail Columbia moved like 20 threads from the General Discussion topic. He probably just moved your post. Check your last posted messages from the link in your profile.

When I logged off lastnite I had 2513 post when I logged in this morning I had 2497 post

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 11:17:50 AM »
Let me run some diagnostics on the database and look for errors.

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 11:20:50 AM »

When I logged off lastnite I had 2513 post when I logged in this morning I had 2497 post

Americanhero, this has all the charachteristics of a rip in the space/time continuum. Is there anyone on the forum that has a degree in quantum physics??  :o
Theory or practical would be fine.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 11:22:23 AM »
I'm not sure what happened but I did find some recent link errors. I think this may have been the problem. I'm not sure what would have caused it.

I have backups from previous days if you really need the data.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2008, 11:22:53 AM »

Americanhero, this has all the charachteristics of a rip in the space/time continuum. Is there anyone on the forum that has a degree in quantum physics??  :o
Theory or practical would be fine.
OH NO :D

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2008, 11:23:47 AM »
I'm not sure what happened but I did find some recent link errors. I think this may have been the problem. I'm not sure what would have caused it.

I have backups from previous days if you really need the data.

It's OK

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2008, 11:24:21 AM »
Is anyone else missing anything?

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2008, 11:27:26 AM »
Is there any danger of us possibly being sucked into a black hole? Should we tether our chairs onto an anchor point?  Now I am concerned?

If Nik was here, he would know what to do.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2008, 11:29:36 AM »
Is there any danger of us possibly being sucked into a black hole? Should we tether our chairs onto an anchor point?  Now I am concerned?

He would blame Catholics

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2008, 11:41:22 AM »

Nah, no need to worry. It shouldn't happen again. I fixed it but I can't bring back those messages unless I get them from the backup. It had something to do with a conflicting ID from two threads.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2008, 11:42:49 AM »
WELCOME TO