Author Topic: Ask Rubystars  (Read 242225 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Ask Rubystars
« Reply #475 on: January 30, 2011, 07:15:48 PM »
That's an interesting story. I too had an encounter with these creatures. I was shopping with my dad and I saw a Muslim couple. The Muslim husband had a creepy-looking white beard.

What was your name before?

Offline BritishSword

• Pro JTFer
    • Lawful Rebellion
« Reply #476 on: February 03, 2011, 07:05:47 PM »
The Great Rubystars.
So how do you come up with such fascinating and insightful questions for askJTF each week?
I'm British. I'm Sharp.  I'm Deadly.
I am BritishSword

6a55022f0e321cd66b22318630573230965751cf

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #477 on: February 06, 2011, 06:50:38 AM »
I saw a a regular old woman dressed that way when i was young and lived in New Haven she wasn't Islamic i think her family came to the U.S. hundreds of years ago.Now that was  really spooky i think she was a real witch
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #478 on: February 06, 2011, 03:05:57 PM »
I saw a a regular old woman dressed that way when i was young and lived in New Haven she wasn't Islamic i think her family came to the U.S. hundreds of years ago.Now that was  really spooky i think she was a real witch

Oh that is a bit creepy, I think some people dress that way just to get noticed though.

The Great Rubystars.
So how do you come up with such fascinating and insightful questions for askJTF each week?

Some weeks I don't come up with any. I usually just try to ask what I either really would like to know, or what I think Chaim might like to answer. DBF inspired the question this week by telling me I should ask [censored] history month questions this month

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #479 on: February 09, 2011, 12:02:26 AM »
Ruby, I have to ask and I'm sure this is frustrating to answer... Why do Christians perform idolatry?  this is a serious sin especially for catholics being the largest denomination.
not to mention lack of kosher laws and circumcision for males within Christianity.

Don't get me wrong, I like the inspirational christian messages "It's better to give than to receive" and "love your enemy"
In case you're wondering, yes I did research Christianity.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #480 on: February 09, 2011, 08:28:01 AM »
What was your name before?

YimachshemotoIslam.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #481 on: February 12, 2011, 08:44:26 AM »
Ruby, I have to ask and I'm sure this is frustrating to answer... Why do Christians perform idolatry?  this is a serious sin especially for catholics being the largest denomination.
not to mention lack of kosher laws and circumcision for males within Christianity.

Don't get me wrong, I like the inspirational christian messages "It's better to give than to receive" and "love your enemy"
In case you're wondering, yes I did research Christianity.

Thanks for asking.

There are some things that some Christians do that I would even consider to be idolatry. For example people who literally worship what they see as some kind of holy artifact. The Shroud of Turin for example, which I think is a complete hoax, is worshipped by some people. Other people flock to images they consider holy, and I think that is the very definition of idolatry. I even saw this woman on Penn and Teller's BS show that was worshipping her bathroom door and getting all emotional about it. That made my jaw drop in shock. It's hard for me to even imagine the level of stupidity needed for her to believe this, and even worse she had other people making pilgrimage to her house to worship her door. I think that kind of thing goes completely against what the Bible says to do. Other people make the mistake of praying to or worshippng angels. This is also something I think is really really wrong.

There is a practice that Catholics do where they seem to pray to saints. When I've asked them about this, they tell me they are asking the person to pray with them, that they're not actually praying to the person. That's an important distinction. I still would not be comfortable with that, but I thought I'd mention that anyway because I used to think they were worshipping the people and were idolaters for that reason but they say that's not true and they are doing something completely different. So this was something I had misunderstood.

I'm non-denominational, which means I don't follow any one particular group or denomination. I have the most in common with evangelical Christians though including conservative values and a strong support for Israel and a belief in salvation by grace through faith and not works (although works are still important). The one area I differ with them in would be that I'm very interested in science and I accept evolution as a tool used by G-d to create.

Some people say that  believing in Jesus makes Christians idol worshippers. I don't think so. There is a doctrine within Christianity of a Trinity but we believe it's all one G-d, not different gods, not 3 gods... just one. Different people have slightly different understandings about the details of the different aspects, because it can get a little confusing, but I don't think you'll find very many people at all  in Christianity who would say they worship more than one G-d.

Most Christians are not Jewish and so I dont' see any reason why they should be circumcised. Also as far as kosher food goes, most christians don't follow those rules. We believe that those types of things are part of the Moasic law which Jesus fulfilled. It's stilll Holy Scripture, but we believe that through Jesus we are under a new set of rules as far as a lot of that is concerned. 
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 08:58:34 AM by Rubystars »

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #482 on: February 12, 2011, 03:17:56 PM »
Thx for the explanation. the bathroom door story is unbelievable. you may call it stupid. I prefer misguidance.
I get your point about your messiah "fulfilled" in the Mosaic law in the New testament; however, the OT which the Christians are said to follow clearly says graven images are NOT allowed. Ever. it is an offense to the creator. I know of only 2 sects from the Protestant denomination that comply to this rule: JW and Mormon.

quote "in Christianity who would say they worship more than one G-d."
You'd be surprised what I heard from Christians say often like "he/she worship Jesus and G-d" and  "Jesus is G-d"
Speaking of circumcision, it is still practiced in Egypt among the Copts. At least that's what I heard.

Noachide

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #483 on: February 14, 2011, 12:34:28 PM »
Thx for the explanation. the bathroom door story is unbelievable. you may call it stupid. I prefer misguidance.
I get your point about your messiah "fulfilled" in the Mosaic law in the New testament; however, the OT which the Christians are said to follow clearly says graven images are NOT allowed. Ever. it is an offense to the creator. I know of only 2 sects from the Protestant denomination that comply to this rule: JW and Mormon.

JWs and Mormons are as different from Christianity as Christianity is different from Judaism. They are completely different religions that hold completely different beliefs about G-d and the Bible. I think they branched off from Christianity, but they're not still the same religion. JWs believe that Jesus is the archangel Michael and that he's Satan's brother. This absolutely goes against the teachings of Christian belief. Also they will let their people die due to not allowing them to receive blood transfusions. This is also very evil.

Mormons really do have a pure form of idolatry because they believe that they themselves will one day become gods, or become equal with G-d, and have their own planets to rule over. The women don't get to be gods, they supposedly get to be eternal breeders for their male G-d husbands. This is also NOT a Christian belief system.

You'd be surprised what I heard from Christians say often like "he/she worship Jesus and G-d" and  "Jesus is G-d"
Speaking of circumcision, it is still practiced in Egypt among the Copts. At least that's what I heard.

When they say that, it means they believe that Jesus is and always was part of G-d. It's not worshipping a human at all really  but recognizing the belief that he's part of the G-d Head. There's a Scripture that says in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with G-d, and the Word was G-d. This refers to Jesus, saying that he is G-d.

Jesus on earth was circumcised so some Christians follow that tradition because of that.

I don't personally see any reason why non-Jewish babies should be circumcised. There's nothing wrong with a man having a foreskin, it's a natural part of the human body created by G-d in the first place. If I had a baby boy I would not let that be done to him. If he wanted it done when he was an adult then that would be his free will choice but I wouldn't go cutting pieces off of him for no reason.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #484 on: February 14, 2011, 03:47:43 PM »
RS,
You realize Jewish belief is 100% counter to what you are saying. I will not go into the specifics but I will state with 100% certainty that we do not believe that your messiah was Moshiach...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #485 on: February 14, 2011, 11:11:36 PM »
Of course Jews don't believe in Jesus.  That's one of the main differences between the two religions, among other things. 

The question about idolatry was addressed to Rubystars, who we all know is a non-denominational Christian, who was just answering the Noachide, who used to be a Muslim. 

So in all fairness, let me make a suggestion.  Noachide's question about the trinity could be the topic of a whole book, or a whole message board at the very least.  I suggest you two continue whatever questions you have in private messages. 

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #486 on: February 15, 2011, 09:50:55 AM »
lol at ruling their own planets. funny superstition indeed!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #487 on: February 15, 2011, 09:35:26 PM »
RS,
You realize Jewish belief is 100% counter to what you are saying. I will not go into the specifics but I will state with 100% certainty that we do not believe that your messiah was Moshiach...

I know Muman. He was asking me about Christian beliefs though and I'm not going to lie to him and pretend my beliefs are in line with Judaism. They're obviously very different in important ways. I'm not asking anyone to believe the same as me, just trying to honestly and openly answer his questions.

So in all fairness, let me make a suggestion.  Noachide's question about the trinity could be the topic of a whole book, or a whole message board at the very least.  I suggest you two continue whatever questions you have in private messages.  

Good idea Lisa. You're right, whole entire message boards could be dedicated to puzzling that one out, it's not a simple concept.

lol at ruling their own planets. funny superstition indeed!

It's funny in one way but I do think it takes a special kind of arrogance for them to want to be just like God.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 09:56:37 PM by Rubystars »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #488 on: February 16, 2011, 12:41:34 AM »
I dont want to hijack your thread RS but I thought I would comment on something...

I don't know what Mormons believe, and I have known some good Mormons, but from a Jewish perspective some of what they say is not too far fetched.

Our Holy Talmud teaches us a couple of things:

1) We should believe that every action we take will affect the balance of the world, for good or for bad.... Thus the fate of the entire world is in our control through our free will.

2) That the entire world was created for each of us, my world was created for me, your world was created for you, and we are all tasked with rectifying our collective worlds.

Some corollary ideas are:

http://www.kby.org/english/torat-yavneh/view.asp?id=3561

A person should not say, "My father is greater than your father!" All of mankind come from one source.

G-d is unique, and so created each person unique, so that each person will say, "The world was created for me." Just as their facial features are not identical, so too, their opinions are not identical. Man is unique, and this inner characteristic finds expression in the face. Therefore, the face is called "panim," since it reflects man's "pnimiut." All the animals were created according to their species, in multitudes, whereas man was the only one who was not created according to his species, but unique. The abilities and talents that one person has are not found in another, and only through self-expression does man fill his role. The foundation of sin in mankind is when man leans towards society and forgets himself. He does not know how to answer clearly the question, "Where are you?," since he lost the true sense of self. "I am in the exile." (Yechezkel 1:1) When the grandson of a saintly Jew introduced himself to the Kotzker Rebbe as the grandson of the Jew, the Kotzker rebuked him, "I asked you who you are; not who your grandfather is!"

Furthermore, it says, "G-d created Man in His image, in the image of G-d He created him." (1:27) First, in his own special image, and the, "in the image of G-d." Similarly, the Gemara in Brachot states that many did like R. Shimon b. Yochai and did not succeed, because they only "did" -- mimicked him. As well, forty days before birth it is announced in Heaven, "The daughter of so-and-so to so-and-so," and not, "the son of so-and-so."

Abandoning one's self and leaning towards society and the masses is rebellion, since doing so goes against the Creator's intent that everyone should be like Him, unique. When a person loses his special content, he loses his image, the image of G-d. His face becomes gross and ugly, he falls from his sanctity, and he becomes profane, so that he is no longer reckoned with. This was the foundation of the sin.

http://www.shemayisrael.co.il/parsha/kahn/archives/chayei69.htm

Abraham went through a lot of effort to acquire the Cave of Machpeilah as a burial site for Sarah. The field and the Cave "rose" as they became the property of Abraham. "Every individual is obligated to say, 'The world was created for me." By creating man as an individual, G'd showed the importance of every single human being. The awareness of our importance is actually humbling and only helps us to make the right choices in life. A person should live with a constant awareness that every act one does may tip the scale and make a difference for the entire world. If a person uses this world as a means to serve G'd he will bring every part of Creation, that he is in touch with, to its purpose as it serves and assists G'd's servant to reach his potential and purpose. We all have our individual, unique purpose in life, and it is up to us to utilize our possessions and assets and elevate them as did our Patriarch Abraham.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #489 on: February 23, 2011, 09:19:39 PM »
Personally I think the Mormons and JWs are both very bad cults. The only thing you can say for them is that they don't have their members blowing themselves up in homicide bombings, but then again few people are as crazy as Muslims.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #490 on: March 02, 2011, 05:01:19 PM »
Hi Rubystars,

Is the man in the picture white or black ?

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #491 on: March 02, 2011, 08:01:40 PM »
Hi Rubystars,

Is the man in the picture white or black ?

Looks like a quadroon or octoroon to me  :::D... That skin and hair color is never a good sign and the eyes and nose less so in this case always tell the true story.  ^-^
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #492 on: March 02, 2011, 09:59:53 PM »
He does look like a dilute mix doesn't he?

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #493 on: March 02, 2011, 10:11:02 PM »
He does look like a dilute mix doesn't he?
That's putting it nicely  :::D
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #494 on: March 03, 2011, 07:00:52 AM »
The guy in the picture is Blake Griffin (NBA player for the LA Clippers), and I think he is half white half Haitian. 

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #495 on: March 04, 2011, 03:04:41 PM »

Our Holy Talmud teaches us a couple of things:

Your Talmud, I don't believe in that, obviously, and I don't particularly care what it has to say.

Do you ever make posts from your own knowledge or just copy and paste everything?

Offline TheViper

• Senior JTFer
  • HOLA MI GENTE!
« Reply #496 on: March 04, 2011, 03:10:29 PM »
Looks like a quadroon or octoroon to me  :::D... That skin and hair color is never a good sign and the eyes and nose less so in this case always tell the true story.  ^-^
I think he is half hatian half white I think
☞I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice☜

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #497 on: March 04, 2011, 03:13:34 PM »
I think he is half hatian half white I think

He looks like a freak of nature

Offline TheViper

• Senior JTFer
  • HOLA MI GENTE!
« Reply #498 on: March 04, 2011, 03:18:44 PM »
He looks like a freak of nature

Well atleast his black father stayed with his mother and raised him like a man should
☞I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice☜

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
« Reply #499 on: March 04, 2011, 09:12:57 PM »
Dear Ruby,

Are you happy that Kay Bailey Hutchinson is retiring?   Who would be the best Republican candidate to replace her?

Thanks!

CZ
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.