Author Topic: Nazi gets pummeled  (Read 2989 times)

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Nazi gets pummeled
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 02:38:05 PM »
I don't think Braddock was a Nazi, there was a movie made about this called Cinderella Man although Max Baer was depicted somewhat poorly in the movie.

The movie depicts him as bragging about killing his opponent in the ring (which was an accident and he felt guilty about it, even contributed funds from his fights to the family) and rude mannered (in real life, he was quite a comedian, joked around a lot).

Max Baer however was a very good boxer, great record too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Baer_(boxer)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 02:48:27 PM »
Oh your talking about Max Schmeling

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Schmeling

The source claims he was a Nazi but yet he saved the lives of 2 Jewish children? Theres no citation though.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 02:52:47 PM »
Oh your talking about Max Schmeling

The source claims he was a Nazi but yet he saved the lives of 2 Jewish children? Theres no citation though.
Max Schmaeling and Lewis. A CLASSIC!
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 04:30:49 PM »
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=max+baer&sitesearch=&aq=f#sitesearch=&aq=f&q=max%20baer%20schmeling

Baer sports Mogen David.

The video that loads on the Google search page you linked to is actually a fight between Baer and Braddock. I don't think Braddock was a Nazi. After his boxing career was over, Braddock was a successful businessman in the construction industry and helped build the Verrazano bridge.

On the same page, there is video of Max Baer boxing Max Schmelling. Schmelling was indeed the toast of Nazi Germany after defeating Joe Louis in their initial match. Louis absolutely destroyed Schmelling in their rematch in Yankee stadium. Schmelling was taking such a pounding that the radio feed of the bout back to Germany was pulled by the Nazis to save their hero embarrassment.

Schmelling's sentiments towards the Nazi regime has been oft debated. Most people think he was anti-Nazi but went with the flow, in order to continue his career. I'm pretty sure Schmelling had a Jewish manager. It should be noted that Schmelling survived the war and went on to become a successful distributor of Coca Cola in Germany and became friendly with Joe Louis.

Max Baer was defeated by Braddock in the video that was linked to. Baer wasn't a great boxer, but was a tremendous power puncher with phenomenal knockout ability. He didn't like getting hit (who does ?) and didn't have a very sturdy chin. He was reputed to be quite a playboy. Max Baer's son, Max Baer Jr., went on to fame playing 'Jethro Bodine' on the popular sit-com 'The Beverly Hillbillies'. 

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 04:34:50 PM »
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=max+baer&sitesearch=&aq=f#sitesearch=&aq=f&q=max%20baer%20schmeling

Baer sports Mogen David.

The video that loads on the Google search page you linked to is actually a fight between Baer and Braddock. I don't think Braddock was a Nazi. After his boxing career was over, Braddock was a successful businessman in the construction industry and helped build the Verrazano bridge.

On the same page, there is video of Max Baer boxing Max Schmelling. Schmelling was indeed the toast of Nazi Germany after defeating Joe Louis in their initial match. Louis absolutely destroyed Schmelling in their rematch in Yankee stadium. Schmelling was taking such a pounding that the radio feed of the bout back to Germany was pulled by the Nazis to save their hero embarrassment.

Schmelling's sentiments towards the Nazi regime has been oft debated. Most people think he was anti-Nazi but went with the flow, in order to continue his career. I'm pretty sure Schmelling had a Jewish manager. It should be noted that Schmelling survived the war and went on to become a successful distributor of Coca Cola in Germany and became friendly with Joe Louis.

Max Baer was defeated by Braddock in the video that was linked to. Baer wasn't a great boxer, but was a tremendous power puncher with phenomenal knockout ability. He didn't like getting hit (who does ?) and didn't have a very sturdy chin. He was reputed to be quite a playboy. Max Baer's son, Max Baer Jr., went on to fame playing 'Jethro Bodine' on the popular sit-com 'The Beverly Hillbillies'. 

His win/loss record looks pretty impressive to me.

Total fights 84
Wins 72
Wins by KO 53
Losses 12
Draws 0
No contests 0

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 04:50:35 PM »
Yes, Baer had a very impressive career, and I didn't mean to denigrate his ability.

He certainly isn't regarded as one of the greatest heavyweight champions, but there's no denying he had fearsome punching ability. He had natural power and hit like a mule.

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 05:12:53 PM »

Baer sports Mogen David.

Sorry meant to link to the Schmelling fight with Baer.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 05:40:37 PM »
Max Schmeling was nearly my neighbor. -deleted- He lived in the small village Hollenstedt near to me.

After his death some Jews said, that he has hidden their children during the progroms in 1938.  I have found this english Wiki-article, but I read about this issue elsewhere. Perhaps I can find the source. I think it was an article of the liberal weekly newspaper Die Zeit [The Times]

Althrough his record is not good, for a German of this time he was imo one of the better.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 11:31:57 PM by Pheasant »
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 06:38:37 PM »
Chaim has said Schnelling at least was a Nazi, possibly Baer too (don't remember).

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 07:11:23 PM »
Chaim has said Schnelling at least was a Nazi, possibly Baer too (don't remember).

I am no boxing fan, nor I admire Schmeling. I will correct instantly, if there is a source for this.  :-\
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 07:31:19 PM »
Baer was Jewish on his fathers side he was'nt a nazi. Schmelling saved Jewish kids he was sent to the Russian front because he refused to follow the nazis,he just did very little in order not be punished
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 07:32:01 PM »

Baer was Jewish, he had a huge star of david on his shorts.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2008, 07:33:44 PM »

Baer was Jewish, he had a huge star of david on his shorts.
Yes his son Junior also said his father was Jewish
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 10:40:27 AM »
Schmelling was not a nazi and was punished for it              http://auschwitz.dk/schmeling.htm

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2008, 11:42:59 AM »
Schmelling was not a nazi and was punished for it              http://auschwitz.dk/schmeling.htm

Thanks, Mord, for the info on Schmeling. And I guess Baer would not strictly speaking be considered Jewish as his father was Jewish, but I don't believe his mother was. Symbolically is was important though, since at the time Schmeling represented the Nazi Germany, and Baer wore a great big Mogen David on his shorts.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2008, 01:45:43 PM »

Thanks, Mord, for the info on Schmeling. And I guess Baer would not strictly speaking be considered Jewish as his father was Jewish, but I don't believe his mother was. Symbolically is was important though, since at the time Schmeling represented the Nazi Germany, and Baer wore a great big Mogen David on his shorts.

Even though his mother wasn't Jewish, wouldn't he still be accepted into Israel for having a Jewish parent?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2008, 01:50:29 PM »
One week I asked Chaim if he would let people with Jewish ancestry but who weren't halachically Jewish into Israel if they were facing anti-Semitism and he said that he would if they converted to Judaism, because the Jewish state must remain Jewish. I completely agree with him that Israel must remain a Jewish state. I understood after he explained it in the program.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2008, 01:57:31 PM »
They let russian nazis in

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2008, 02:01:19 PM »

But they aren't Jewish by birth or even heritage, you can buy forged paperwork in Russia very cheap.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2008, 02:04:12 PM »

But they aren't Jewish by birth or even heritage, you can buy forged paperwork in Russia very cheap.
Thats what i mean but someone who has a Jewish father whose life is in danger he should be allowed in

Shot at 2010-01-03