Author Topic: N.Y.T. interviews Bridgette Gabriel terrible interviewer  (Read 1008 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
N.Y.T. interviews Bridgette Gabriel terrible interviewer
« on: August 18, 2008, 02:07:09 PM »
The interviewer is real a low class imbecile 

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/17/magazine/17wwln-Q4-t.html?_r=1&ref=todayspaper&oref=slogin   

Questions for Brigitte Gabriel
The Crusader

Interview by DEBORAH SOLOMON
Published: August 15, 2008
As a Lebanese-Christian immigrant who spent her girlhood amid the bloody devastation of the Lebanese civil war, you have lately emerged as one of the most vehement critics of radical Islam in this country. Are you concerned that your new book, “They Must Be Stopped,” will feed animosity toward Muslims? I do not think I am feeding animosity. I am bringing an issue to light. I disapprove of any religion that calls for the killing of other people. If Christianity called for that, I would condemn it.

Skip to next paragraph

Joshua Roberts
Brigitte Gabriel

RSS Feed
Deborah Solomon's "Questions For..." Column »
What about all the moderate Muslims who represent our hope for the future? Why don’t you write about them? The moderate Muslims at this point are truly irrelevant. I grew up in the Paris of the Middle East, and because we refused to read the writing on the wall, we lost our country to Hezbollah and the radicals who are now controlling it.

In your new book, you write about the Muslim presence in America and bemoan the rise of Islamic day schools and jihad summer camp. Is there really such a thing? Yes. Instead of taking lessons on swimming and gymnastics, the kids are listening to speakers give lectures titled “Preparation for Death” and “The Life in the Grave.”

You also lament the public foot baths that have been installed at the University of Michigan and elsewhere to accommodate Muslim students. I lived in the Middle East for the first 24 years of my life. Never once did I see any foot-washing basins in airports or public buildings. So why are they pushing them down the throats of Americans?

I can’t get upset if people want to wash their feet before they pray. This is the way they are taking over the West. They are doing it culturally inch by inch. They don’t need to fire one bullet. Look what is happening in Europe. Do we want to become like “Eurabia”?

But relatively few Muslims live in this country — about three million, or 1 percent of the population, whereas Amsterdam, for instance, has been estimated to be as high as 24 percent Muslim. They started as guest workers in Europe; they grow at a much faster rate than any other religion.

Your last book related the story of your childhood in southern Lebanon, where you hid out in a bomb shelter for seven years after your house was destroyed by a Muslim militia. Were you surprised it became a best seller? No, I was not surprised. Anyone can relate to a story about human suffering inflicted by radicals.

Are your parents still in Lebanon? I became an orphan at the age of 23. Both my parents are buried in Israel, on Mount Zion, with Oskar Schindler.

Why did you bury them in Israel? I wanted to honor my parents. After all, it is the Holy Land. And I wanted to ensure that both my children will know where my loyalty lies — with Israel, because Israel for me represents democracy, respect and human rights, something that no other country in the Arabic world offers.

Are you an agent of the U.S. government? No.

Are you underwritten by the C.I.A.? No. Are you kidding? In 2000, I voted for Al Gore.

But I see that R. James Woolsey, a former director of the C.I.A., serves on the board of American Congress for Truth, your educational foundation. We also have John Loftus, a staunch Democrat and former Justice Department prosecutor. We are not Red or Blue.

Where do you live? I do not share that information because of the death threats I receive.

Threats from anyone we know? Al Qaeda mentioned my name on their top Internet sites and recently sent a press release about my work.

If you are worried about death threats, why would you put a glamorous photograph of yourself on the cover of your new book? In Lebanon, we were raised to be glamorous, feminine and sensual. It’s the only good thing we inherited from the French.

INTERVIEW CONDUCTED, CONDENSED AND EDITED BY DEBORAH SOLOMON

Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Re: N.Y.T. interviews Bridgette Gabriel terrible interviewer
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 02:38:06 PM »
Well, clearly the interviewer is biased to say the least.  The tone is more like a cross examination than an interview.  On a positive note,  Brigitte Gabriel held her own.

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 03:19:27 PM »
For whatever my opinion is worth, I believe that an advocate never looks better than when crushing ugly rhetorical spears.  In other words, the fact that this is not a 'puff-piece' only makes this woman look better, in my opinion.

One line really struck me:  The part where she referred to Beirut as 'the Paris of the Middle-east'.  I've heard literally dozens of experienced travellers rave about the beauty of Lebanon in general Beirut in particular, at least back when it was in one piece.  I've heard far fewer nice things about the Paris of France, and now it's been overrun by Muslims also.

Something else that I post on this board with some curiosity, on the subject of beauty and Lebanon:  I believe that it was a caller to Michael Savage a few weeks ago, claiming to be a member of the IDF who raved about looks of the Druze women who live in Lebanon.  If I heard the caller correctly, they claim to be descendants of Jethro (Moses' father-in-law) and are said to have stunning green eyes.

And Amsterdam is 24% Muslim?  I read in a credible book somewhere that the Dutch 'secret police' are a tough, hidden hand in Holland, and if that 24% figure is true, then somebody is indeed doing something right behind the scenes.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 03:25:12 PM »
There is only one thing one should do with the NY Slimes, use it as toilet paper
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 05:25:29 PM »
What a whore this Deborah Solomon dyke is. Here we have one of the three or so good Arabs on the planet and she gets treated worse than Jeffrey Dahmer.