General Category > Ask JTF

Ask JTF For March 11 Broadcast

(1/8) > >>

admin:
BS"D

Dear Chaim,

First Point: I know you have said you like the real animals in the zoo and how you like the monkeys in the zoo and not the kind of monkeys that roam the streets. Then why did Bonim Binyamin say you oppose zoos? Doesn't Judaism believe G-d's creations are wonderful?

Second Point: I was also wondering my myself what you thought of pets. My parents got a cat when it was a kitten a year before I was born and it died when I was 18. We also had another cat most of my childhood that died a year later when I was 19. Then we had a new cat but it got hit by a car and died. Then my parents got divorced and now my mom has a cat in her house that looks like our first cat. I like cats, not dogs. Have you ever had a pet? If so, what kinds of animals were they? I also used to have goldfish. Mine lived about 6 years and my sister's lived even longer. Below is a picture of a cat on display in the Appreciation For Creations section of the forum. It looks like my first cat which is my favorite cat ever and my mom's current cat is my second favorite cat because it looks the same. What is your opinion on cats? I recall once that on one show, you did a cat's voice saying meow in one of your quotes when you mentioned something about cats still being cats and still saying meow no matter what people think they are. I like cats but I don't really like dogs.

Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim,
Chief Administrator.

Yoel:
Dear Chaim,

What is your view regarding the Basque seperatist movement in Spain (ETA etc.) , do you think they are justified in their quest of an independent homeland out of parts of Spain and France?

jdl4ever:
Chaim, me and christainzionist were discussing who the King Ahasverosh of the Megilla was.  We have not reached any conclusion.  Which king do you think he was and when do you think the destruction of the first temple occured?  http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php?topic=2922.msg18739#new

Chaim, Jr.:
Chaim:  You have stated that you don't believe in pre-marital sex.  You have never been married.  Are you a virgin?

jsullivan:
This question really is from Jimmy Sullivan, not Yacov this week. Yacov asked me about it and I urged him to ask you.

A schmuck by the name of Meir Weinstein, who claims to represent "JDL Toronto" recently posted the following posts on Yekutiel's forum. What is "Toronto JDL"? Is it a branch of Bnei Elim, is it a branch of Shelley Rubin's personal club cult, or is it independent?

What is the history behind this Weinstein fellow? Who is he? Also, please respond to his claims.

--- Quote from: meir on February 13, 2007, 07:56:59 PM ---I would like to make the positions of the JDL in Canada clear.  The group under my leadership was very active in the 1980's and part of the 1990's on many issues of concern to the Jewish people.  I had to step back from the group in order to raise my family and it bothered me that there was no one available that could take charge.  I have restarted the group in Toronto and look forward to opening up groups in other cities.  And it will happen.  With respect to Irv's widow Shelly, I fully respect her and feel for her as any former or current member of any group founded by our Rabbi should.  On the issue of Pollard, I am well aware of Irv's mistake in making some bad comments about Pollard.  And Irv understood later that he made an error.  The Rabbi DID endorse Irv.  I call on all concerned to get involved with JDL.  With Love of Israel,  Meir Weinstein

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: meir on February 13, 2007, 09:10:05 PM ---The Rabbi did in fact appoint Irv.  I was there.  Also, just prior to the appointment, he asked me to move to New York and lead the group.  I turned it down because of some unstable people in New York.  Irv is no traitor  and I believe he was set up.  Also, the ideals that our Rabbi taught should reflect the posts on this forum.  Rather than look at the negative in fellow Jews, we should look for the positive.  The attempt to smear Shelly  and her son served no positive purpose.  The accusations were petty.  The facts are as follows, Irv and Earl are dead and Bob is still in jail.  There is a lot of work to do.  Rather than get involved in petty nonsense, step up to the plate.  With Love of Israel,  Meir Weinstein

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version