Author Topic: Should Media Outlets Be Forced To Identify Their Political Leanings?  (Read 655 times)

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
We all know that 90-95% of the media is liberal.  The sad thing is, most people don't even know it, in my opinion.  Do you believe that newspapers, magazines, cable and network news channels, etc., should be required to identify themselves as liberal, conservative, or moderate.  I'm not saying that anythings should be done to them, but I think the people deserve to know the agenda of who they listen or read.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Should Media Outlets Be Forced To Identify Their Political Leanings?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 10:24:05 AM »
yes!
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 10:26:32 AM »
Well, I don't know. Probably not. If they identify themselves as liberals, they will take away their own freedom of publishing a conservative piece sometimes. It's like they'll force themselves to conform to their chosen bias.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 10:47:29 AM »
MSNBC does'nt have to they are all straight out hussein supporters
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 10:48:39 AM »
Listen, journalists and media by nature are supposed to be neutral and non-opinionated.  But since everyone in the media is for their own self-interests, disclosure is only fair.  when i hear the news i just want news..not opinions. but every news channel only gives opinions. If i want opinions, I will tune to them.  

Unfortunatley the world media is poisoned with this self interest and don't care about the news...all they care about is themselves and me me me me and my opinion and I think this and i think that...

News shoudl be news unbiased just news...

Opinion fine..everyone has their right and to show it on tv and share it wtih everyone be as biased as they want to be...but really..they need to do disclosure.

In my profession, when i have to do a lecture or anyone in my profession has to do a lecture, we have to give full disclosure that we are being paid or supported by a certain company...Doctors need to do the same when they give a lecture..they need to disclose that Pfizer, for example, funded their research..

The media MUST be required to do the same. And believe me, when they do that, I tend to believe they have more integreity than other news channels.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein