Author Topic: RABBI: 'PALIN A GREAT FRIEND TO JEWISH'  (Read 605 times)

Offline Cyberella

• Master JTFer
RABBI: 'PALIN A GREAT FRIEND TO JEWISH'
« on: August 31, 2008, 01:29:30 PM »

Alaska - Chabad Rabbi: Sarah Palin a Great Friend To The Jewish Community Sponsered By:Published on: 08-31-08 at 09:34 AM Social

Rabbi Yosef Greenberg speaking on Jun of 2008 as Gov. Palin [seen in photo] signs bill on the 60th Aniv. of IsraelAlaska- In light of recent media reports attempting to connect Republican VP nominee Gov. Sarah Palin with controversial historian and Nazi sympathizer Pat Buchanan, VIN News has learned that the Alaska governor has demonstrated strong support for Alaska’s Jewish community. In particular, Gov. Palin signed a resolution in June of 2008 recognizing Israel’s 60th anniversary and the unique relationship between Alaska and the Jewish State, especially the fact that Alaska Airlines played a critical role in the rescue of 40,000 Yemenite Jews in 1948 and 1949.

Chabad of Anchorage’s Rabbi Yosef Greenberg had this to tell VIN News:

“Gov. Palin signed this resolution in the presence of Alaska’s Jewish community leaders. This bill was orchestrated by members of the Alaska Legislation and heavily supported by Speaker of the House, Representative John Harris…

Gov. Palin has established a great relationship with the Jewish community over the years and has attended several of our Jewish cultural gala events. Gov. Palin also had plans to visit Israel with members of the Jewish community, however, for technical reason, the visit has not occurred yet.

I was personally impressed by Gov. Palin’s remarks of hope and faith when she gave birth to a child with special needs. We all feel that the Governor is a remarkable, energetic, and good person.

Having said that I like to reiterate that As a Lubavitcher rabbi, I would like to note that we do not endorse any political candidate
http://www.vosizneias.com/19873/2008/08/31/alaska-chabad-rabbi-sarah-palin-a-great-friend-the-jewish-community/

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Re: RABBI: 'PALIN A GREAT FRIEND TO JEWISH'
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 01:59:19 PM »
Great!  I just posted in on Jews Against Obama.

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
Re: RABBI: 'PALIN A GREAT FRIEND TO JEWISH'
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 07:01:16 PM »
http://blip.tv/file/802962

Great, I am so happy to see that! Palin/Huckabee or Hunter will be a great next election ticket!  O0

I may be mistaken, but @ 7:29, on her left lapel, I saw a pin that very much looks like an Israeli flag.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 07:11:23 PM by Manch »
Hayot Araviot Masrihot