Author Topic: One of the falsely imprisoned border agents beaten  (Read 2454 times)

adam613

One of the falsely imprisoned border agents beaten
« on: February 06, 2007, 08:01:56 PM »
Article below. Michael Savage just concluded an interview with Tom Tamcredo in which he along with almost 100 other republican senators want amnesty for these border agents (not one democrat has shown concern even though these men are also  minorities themselves). Tom said on the show that of about 15 pardons that Bush has made 6 were to drug dealers. Also Tom said that on fox news some who he thought would be independent were not. Bill O'Reiley took the side of the drug dealers although he said Neil Cavato was more sympathetic. He did say that the gov't put tremendous presure on Fox news to say good things about George Bush.

Tom also said that even though they are not a flight risk they are not allowed to be free until the appeal is done. They also wanted to be closer to their family and the government has not even allowed that. The border agents also have not been allowed to speak to their families. THe only way they can get more lenient treatment is to say they are guilty which of course they know if they do that then we know what will happen.  Anyway here is the article.

Former border agent beaten in prison, family and congressman say
02/06/2007

By ALICIA A. CALDWELL  / Associated Press via michaelsavage.com

A former U.S. Border Patrol agent who was convicted of shooting a drug smuggling suspect and then lying about it was beaten by fellow inmates in prison, his relatives and a congressman said Tuesday.

Prison officials did not immediately confirm the beating of Ignacio Ramos, whose conviction along with that of fellow former agent Jose Alonso Compean sparked outcry from critics alleging the men were merely doing their job defending the border against criminals.

Republican U.S. Rep. Tom Tancredo of Colorado, a vocal supporter of the agents and opponent of illegal immigration, criticized the Bush administration for failing to protect Ramos and demanded a full presidential pardon for them.

"Not only did the administration choose the side of a foreign dope runner over the agents who stopped him from smuggling a load of drugs into the county — now they've failed to protect that agent while his case is on appeal," he said in a statement.

Tancredo issued his statement after reports that Ramos was severely beaten by inmates at the Yazoo City federal prison, a medium- and low-security facility near Jackson, Miss.

The agents were convicted last year of shooting Osvaldo Aldrete Davila in 2005 at a rural area near El Paso and then trying to cover up the incident. Davila was shot once in the buttocks.

Ramos and Compean, who reported to prison in January, were each sentenced to more than a decade behind bars. Compean is serving his sentence at the Elkton Federal Correctional Institution, a low-security prison in Ohio. There have been no reports of problems with his detention.

According to Tancredo's statement, Ramos' relatives told him of the weekend beating Monday.

Monica Ramos, the agent's wife, told The Associated Press on Tuesday that he called her on his 38th birthday and said: "They got me. They got me good."

She said her husband described being attacked late Saturday, when he "let his guard down" and went to his bed. The attackers, Monica Ramos said, kicked and stomped him for several minutes before running away.

Ignacio Ramos was able to identify one man in the group and is now pursuing criminal charges, Monica Ramos said.

Officials with the Federal Bureau of Prisons did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment Tuesday.

Carlos Espinosa, a spokesman for Tancredo, said federal prison officials have confirmed that the assault took place. Details of the incident were not available, he said.

Offline Hail Columbia

• Master JTFer
  • Vrijheid, Welvaart, Beschaving
    • AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website
Re: One of the falsely imprisoned border agents beaten
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 08:05:42 PM »
We give pardons to FALN terrorists, drug dealers, and so on, how about a pardon for an American hero?  And, while we're at it, how about a pardon for Jonathan Pollard?

Learn the truth about rap "music": (Strongly recommended for new members)
www.geocities.com/wilder2k1
My MySpace site:
http://www.myspace.com/hailcolumbiajtf
My YouTube site:
http://www.youtube.com/user/HailColumbiaJTF
Dixie Outfitters, Preserving Southern Heritage Since 1861:
http://www.dixieoutfitters.com/
AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website:
http://www.africancrisis.co.za
The Right Perspective, NYC's Most Dangerous Callers to Talk Radio, Airing Live Every Friday Night, 10 PM EST:
http://www.therightperspectivepodcastblog.blogspot.com/

In thy power Almighty, trusting,
Did our fathers build of old;
Strengthen then, O Lord, their children
To defend, to love, to hold
That the heritage they gave us
For our children yet may be:
Bondsmen only to the Highest
And before the whole world free.
As our fathers trusted humbly,
Teach us, Lord, to trust Thee still:
Guard our land and guide our people
In Thy way to do Thy will.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 04:29:01 PM »
I was listening to Rush Limbaugh's guest host today Roger Hedgecock he was interviewing one of the border agents lawyers. He claims the government prosecutors lied about many of the facts. This makes my blood Boil!! He spoke about an article in the World Net Daily. Paste link in the browser to check it out.
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=54142
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 04:31:08 PM by cjd »
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 12:13:05 AM »
And I'm sure that the beating was orchestrated by the prison guards on orders from The Bush.  >:(

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 06:53:52 AM »
And I'm sure that the beating was orchestrated by the prison guards on orders from The Bush.  >:(
President Bush has showed his true colors on the boarder control issue time and time again and this issue alone will mark his presidency as a failure. Bushes reluctance to pardon the two agents is despicable in  light of recent facts showing the case against the agents may have been tampered with to make them look guilty . This said  I don't think he would order the beating of the jailed border agent he just isn't going to do a thing to help them. 
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 06:55:28 AM by cjd »
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 04:08:58 PM »
I wouldn't put it past him and his Secret Service. Look at how his administration outed CIA agent Valerie Plame Wilson as revenge for her husband speaking out against his war.