Author Topic: My two cents on upright Jews vs. leftist Jews  (Read 576 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
My two cents on upright Jews vs. leftist Jews
« on: September 02, 2008, 02:17:04 AM »
I would be interested in your opinions...

Consider for a moment the following statement by Rabbi Kahane (of blessed memory):  "There is no arab problem in Israel; there is only a Jewish problem."

There is tremendous wisdom in this statement.  Why do Jews act on behalf of everybody's interest except their own?  This is a question which disturbs me greatly.  My guess is that it has a great deal to do with cowardice and the desperate need for acceptance (much like a beaten dog still kneels for his master.

Contrast this type of behaviour with Jews like Begin (in his early years with the Irgun), or Rabbi Kahane, or the Macabees, or Jabotinsky.  These were great Jewish heroes who refused to kneel to anyone for affirmation.  These were the Jews who acted for the benefit of thei people.

It is true that these were also the Jews who were labelled "fascists".  But that is the technique of the left:  accuse your opponents of that which you are guilty.

Today, we are the descendants of these great Jews.  We look only to G-d and to each other for our survival.  We do not suffer from this sickness-that we should feel apologetic about living.  But this is the frustrating part.  Most of the world wants us dead.  The vast majority of the remainder do not care one way or the other.  And then there is a fraction of a percentage of the rest that supports us.  Instead of leftist Jews recognizing this fact and accepting it, they suffer from this sick fantasy of being loved by world.  "If we act against our own people, perhaps the world will love us."  That is the tragedy of our day.

Never apologize for Israel, and never let yourself be motivated by the desire to be loved.  Debate, accuse, fight, discuss, speak, and listen, but never justify.  If the leftist Jews could only learn that nobody respects a beggar, Israel would not be in the trouble it is in.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
Re: My two cents on upright Jews vs. leftist Jews
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 04:25:09 AM »
Here is my explanation of the "self-hating Jew" phenomenon. Imagine yourself a citizen who is not a national subject. By being a minority in a nation state, you, on the one hand, have adopted the view of the majority. On the other hand, you are not the majority. By being acculturated and assimilated into another culture, you view the world through the eyes of this culture. But these eyes are not your eyes. They are not attached to your body. And what do you see through these eyes? You see the caricature of yourself. You look ugly, to beging with. Because the standards of beauty in your adopted culture belong to the aesthetics of the majority, your own looks don't fit in. You dress funny. You have fatuous beliefs and follow ridiculous traditions. From the point of view of the host culture, you are inferior and ridiculous. So you start hating yourself. But because it is very difficult and unnatural to remain in the perpetually contradictory state of self-hate, you sublimate your self-hate by inventing utopian ideologies that will resolve all contradictions. For example, if all people on earth intermix, there will be no Jews who are hated and look ridiculous in other people's eyes.

In my opinion, the problem of Jewish self-hate is the problem of 2000 years of diaspora that has deformed the Jewish psyche, because 2000 years is a long enough period to destroy the people's dignity and natural self-pride.

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 04:43:09 PM »
That's very interesting Masha, and Rabbi Kahane explained this phenomenon in a very similar fashion.  I just don't get a sense of European Jews feeling unhappy about their cultural practices.  You can read in old stories how the entire family would look forward to the Shabat dinner, how the children would hear their father tell stories, the feeling of family closeness which every member of that family treasured.  You can also read about how meticulous they were about performing the ceremonies of Pesach and Shevuot and the high holidays properly.

I have a feeling that these ingrained feelings of Jewish self-loathing is actually a recent phenomenon.  And I expect that it occurs most clearly in countrys such as America, where the Jew actually feels that he can be a part of the "mainstreem" society.  Rabbi Kahane always called the Sephardic Jews "normal", suggesting that they were not self-haters.  I think this is because they lived under arabs as a clear minority and there was no pretense that the could be integrated.  Whereas, the integrated Jews of America and previously, in Eastern Europe dreamed more of emancipation than a return to Israel.  I think it is this desire of the Jew to prove himself to be "just like everyone else" is what leads to self-hatred.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 08:19:43 PM »
It is the same reason (one of them) because of why the Jews were exiled from Eretz Yisrael. We as a whole did not say and have the right intent in making the Blessing to the going up to the Torah. "asher Bahar Banu Mikol Haamim, venatan lanu et Torato..." Which is basically understanding the gift of being a Jew. The feeling of the greatness and value of being a Jew is unfortunatly gone in some people.
 Also something Rav Moshe Finestein ZTL said was that when Jews came to America they did mitzvot, they kept laws, etc. But unfortunatly many of them complained (they even had good reason to- life was difficult) For example- a guy came home from work, he sees all these bills, he sees the tuition bills of the children, he still sends them to Yeshiva, but he complains and talks to his wife in front of the children how this is costing him. All of this feeds into the chidren. They grow up seeing Judaism as a burden, and not an opportunity, so then slowly slowly some leave it, unfortunatly, and the same with the attitude of becoming self-haters. They feel inferior, for no reason.

The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Zionistforever

• Senior JTFer
  • long live zionism, Eretz Tzion Yerushalaim
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 09:13:07 PM »
righteous jew Vs. leftist jew,
the leftist jews loose israel and the world loves them for it, the righteous jews are willing to fight and die for our motherland and we live on in constant scrutiny, the winner is the the worlds underdog
Eretz Tzion Yerushalaim. Hashem bless Israel. http://www.falange1.com/death2islam.gif