Author Topic: Asians hurt most by Affirmative Action  (Read 673 times)

Offline George

• Senior JTFer
Asians hurt most by Affirmative Action
« on: September 03, 2008, 11:06:47 PM »
The liberal scum have designed a system where the more qualified you are the more you suffer discrimination.

"Using data from the National Study of College Experience on 124,374 applications for admission during the 1980s and the fall semesters of 1993 and 1997, they found that elite universities give extra weight in admissions to candidates whose SAT scores are above 1500, who are African American, and who are student athletes. A smaller, but nevertheless important, preference is extended to Hispanic and legacy applicants. African-American applicants receive the equivalent of 230 extra SAT points (on a 1600-point scale), and being Hispanic is worth an additional 185 SAT points. Other things equal, recruited athletes gain an admission bonus worth 200 points, while the preference for legacy candidates is worth 160 points. Asian-American applicants face a loss equivalent to 50 SAT points."

Pages 293-294: http://opr.princeton.edu/faculty/tje/espenshadessqptii.pdf

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Asians hurt most by Affirmative Action
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 12:32:00 AM »
Yes.  They are being punished because of their yellow skin and almond eyes.  That is justice??

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 01:17:40 AM »
I have a very smart Asian supervisor who knows the department very well but he wasn't chosen to be the manager of it and instead they put a black manager in the position who knows nothing compared to the Asian man. It's not just whites that get discriminated against, although they're often put at the bottom of the barrel for promotions and hiring.

I also had a Mexican supervisor at my last job who got passed over for a promotion that she deserved and worked hard for. Again it was given to a black.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 05:03:00 AM »
Thank God I am self-employed  :)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 05:55:37 AM »
Actually I think Jews are discriminated the most because we are now told that it is not even to be counted as an ethnicity.   After years of persecution for our ethnicity.....     Once the universities were "liberated" ie the Jews were allowed to apply and gain admission, Jews comprised disproportionately high percentages of the top universities and ivy league schools.   The affirmative action would attempt to reverse that trend as now blacks and other "minorities" are showed favortism while Jews are classified as "whites" who are discriminated against in the system of affirmative action.    And medical schools are also employing this strategy to admission practices...