Author Topic: Houston We Have a Problem  (Read 1100 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Houston We Have a Problem
« on: September 03, 2008, 08:45:54 PM »
Shalom,

I just talked to mom again and it looks like she is not happy with McCains pick of Sarah Palin. I was expecting to hear that mom was happy with the selection but I was shocked. Her biggest complaint was that Palin has NO experience and she cannot fathom voting for someone who may be a heartbeat away from being president who has no experience.

I tried to reason with her that she MUST vote for McCain and that not voting for him would allow Obama to win. She is against Obama winning but it looks like this choice may not have been the best. I can only judge by the people around me. I have tried to give Mrs. Palin the benefit of the doubt but it looks like this may be a REAL problem.

I just hope that she makes no mistakes in her speech tonight. I dont know what I am going to do with my mom...

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
Re: Houston We Have a Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 08:47:34 PM »
She obviously raised a smart man.  She'll come around. O0

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 08:52:06 PM »
She obviously raised a smart man.  She'll come around. O0
Thank you.... Im sure she will... She will not vote for Obama... I just hope she does the right thing and goes out and votes for McCain.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 08:57:14 PM »
It's very common for people to be angry and disgruntled around election time.  I did this back in 2000 and voted for Pat Buchanan.  I still haven't lived that one down and I hope that all JTFers can forgive me. :(

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 08:59:01 PM »
It's very common for people to be angry and disgruntled around election time.  I did this back in 2000 and voted for Pat Buchanan.  I still haven't lived that one down and I hope that all JTFers can forgive me. :(

NO ;)

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 09:00:49 PM »
Yes, I did.  I was young.  I was still cutting my political teeth.  In life we live and learn.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 09:01:55 PM »
Shalom,

I just talked to mom again and it looks like she is not happy with McCains pick of Sarah Palin. I was expecting to hear that mom was happy with the selection but I was shocked. Her biggest complaint was that Palin has NO experience and she cannot fathom voting for someone who may be a heartbeat away from being president who has no experience.

I tried to reason with her that she MUST vote for McCain and that not voting for him would allow Obama to win. She is against Obama winning but it looks like this choice may not have been the best. I can only judge by the people around me. I have tried to give Mrs. Palin the benefit of the doubt but it looks like this may be a REAL problem.

I just hope that she makes no mistakes in her speech tonight. I dont know what I am going to do with my mom...

muman613

mention that Ronald Reagan was another inexperienced politician..and look at the positives he did...that might make her rethink her position.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 09:02:13 PM »
Google her accomplishments in Alaska. Understand that Alaska plays a HUGE economic role in the US economy. Alaska has a large mix of races and cultures. Alaska is just a few miles from Russia, next to Canada and there is tremendous amount of complexity and diplomacy in dealing with international fishing fleets, etc. Alaska is a good bit bigger and more complex than Delaware.
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 09:02:24 PM »
Shalom,

muman613

Remind your mom that if she is worried about Palin not having experience as a Vice President she should be even more concerned about Obama as president. The man has been in politics for a short time and has spent most of it campaigning. No disrespect to your mom however people that are using experience as a reason not to vote for McCain are in most cases looking for an excuse to vote for the Democrat ticket. The fly in the ointment is Obama. I see this with my coworkers. They hate the Republicans but voting for Obama is making them uneasy. Thankfully most of my friends and family do not support the Democrat party unless a very special politician comes along.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 09:29:00 PM »
Shalom,

muman613

Remind your mom that if she is worried about Palin not having experience as a Vice President she should be even more concerned about Obama as president. The man has been in politics for a short time and has spent most of it campaigning. No disrespect to your mom however people that are using experience as a reason not to vote for McCain are in most cases looking for an excuse to vote for the Democrat ticket. The fly in the ointment is Obama. I see this with my coworkers. They hate the Republicans but voting for Obama is making them uneasy. Thankfully most of my friends and family do not support the Democrat party unless a very special politician comes along.

cjd,

As I said my mother is NOT VOTING FOR OBAMA. She WILL NOT, CAN NOT, and explicitly NEVER WILL vote for Obama. The issue is whether she will vote for McCain...

muman613

PS: Even my democrat Rabbi cannot vote for Obama. Virtually all democrats who are close to me are unable to vote for Obama. But the question is whether Palin will motivate them to vote for McCain or just sit at home.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 09:30:42 PM by muman613 »

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 10:01:53 PM »
Muman, tell them that sitting home is the equivalent of giving their votes to Obama.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 11:36:13 PM »
UPDATE:

Just talked to mom today and she was eager to tell me that she was impressed by Sarah Palins speech last night.

I just saw McCains speech and he did a good job, but certainly he was not as motivational as she was. I think there were some very good moments.

muman613

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 07:28:11 AM »
Maybe having Palin on the ticket will convince her to vote for McCain.

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 07:35:34 AM »
Tell her that you are her son and you know best.
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."