Author Topic: BIDEN TRUMPS AHMADINEJAD: Article by Judith Klinghoffer  (Read 491 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
BIDEN TRUMPS AHMADINEJAD: Article by Judith Klinghoffer
« on: September 03, 2008, 08:23:57 AM »
I got this from politicalmavens.com

http://politicalmavens.com:80/index.php/2008/09/01/biden-trumps-ahmadinejad/

[Quote:]

Ahmadinejad has been telling anyone who would listen that Iran is going to go nuclear and there is nothing the US can do about it. Biden went further. He told Israeli officials that there is nothing Israel can do about it. Leftist Israel daily Haaretz reported:

Â

Democratic vice-presidential candidate Joe Biden was quoted Monday as telling senior Israeli officials behind closed doors that the Jewish state will have to reconcile itself to a nuclear Iran.In the unsourced report, Army Radio also quoted Biden as saying that he opposed “opening a additional military and diplomatic front.” . . .

Army Radio said Israeli officials expressed “amazement” over the remarks attributed to him.

“Israel will have to reconcile itself with the nuclearization of Iran,” Army Radio quoted Biden as telling the unnamed officials.

“It’s doubtful if the economic sanctions will be effective, and I am against opening an additional military and diplomatic front.”

Biden denies the story but it reads like vintage Biden to me. As a senator he was merely doing what comes naturally, bloviating. As the man who is supposed to teach Obama about foreign policy, these views are scary. Barry Rubin explains:

Â

The real problem is if a nuclear Iran would reconcile itself to Israel’s existence.And also let me urge the following talking points on you when you write/talk about a nuclear Iran. Even if people don’t care whether Israel is wiped off the map they should consider these points:

1. A nuclear Iran will make it impossible for the West to protect its interests in the Middle East. All countries would be too intimidated to act in any way contrary to Iran’s desires.

2. A nuclear Iran would intimidate all Arab regimes to appease Iran including, for example, rejecting Western basing rights or alliances.

3. A nuclear Iran would lead to a huge upsurge in radical Islamist movements and their recruiting. With hundreds of thousands of Muslims joining such groups, the existence of every Arab regime would be jeopardized; terrorism and regional instability would rise.

4. The price of oil, given understandable fears of regional stability, would go far higher than it is now and stay there for years.

Senator Biden–are you reconciled to all that happening?

I will take the liberty of answering for him: No, publicly. Yes, privately.

Everybody from Ahmadinejad to Putin to Western appeasers and declinists understand as much. That is the reason they are so enthusiastic about an Obama/Biden ticket.

[Endquote.]

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
Re: BIDEN TRUMPS AHMADINEJAD: Article by Judith Klinghoffer
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 08:37:05 AM »
Bomb Bomb Bomb......Bomb Bomb Iran......  And every other Mohammadan and Communist entity... O0
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: BIDEN TRUMPS AHMADINEJAD: Article by Judith Klinghoffer
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 04:24:18 AM »
Like Jimmy Carter, Joe Biden was a supporter of the Iranian Revolution.