Author Topic: Witness: Ohio Mom on Trial Said Baby 'Fit Right In' Microwave  (Read 963 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Witness: Ohio Mom on Trial Said Baby 'Fit Right In' Microwave
« on: September 10, 2008, 02:20:25 AM »
Witness: Ohio Mom on Trial Said Baby 'Fit Right In' Microwave

DAYTON, Ohio  —  A woman who shared a jail cell with a mother accused of killing her baby by burning her in a microwave oven told a jury Thursday that the mom confessed to the crime, saying the month-old girl "fit right in" the oven.

Linda Williams testified that she developed a sexual relationship with defendant China Arnold when the two were cellmates in the Montgomery County Jail in March and that Arnold confided in her about what happened to her baby.

She said Arnold feared her boyfriend believed he wasn't the father of the child and was going to leave her.

"She said she put the baby into the microwave and started it and left the house," Williams said.

Williams said she asked Arnold how she got the child into the oven.

"She said she fit right in," Williams said.

Sitting at the defense table, the 27-year-old Arnold showed little emotion as her trial got under way in the August 2005 death of Paris Talley at their Dayton home.

Under cross examination by defense attorney Jon Paul Rion, Williams acknowledged that she met with police investigators after the conversation and initially said Arnold told her she didn't know how the baby had died.

Williams, who has since been released from jail, said she didn't tell investigators about Arnold's confession earlier because she had feelings for the mother.

"The evidence is going to show that she did not purposely take the life of her own baby," Rion said in his opening statement.

Rion said other people had access to the baby, Arnold was intoxicated to the point of blacking out when the child died and people questioned about the case changed their stories. Rion also raised questions about the reliability of the science when it comes to determining the effect of microwaves on humans.

Russell Uptegrove, a forensic pathologist with the Montgomery County coroner's office, said the thermal burns on the baby were different from those that would have been suffered in a fire, an electrical shock or by hot water, an iron or with chemicals. He said it took him awhile to consider that the burns may have come from a microwave oven.

"It was so heinous to think of that, that I couldn't convince myself it was a real possibility," Uptegrove said.

He said DNA recovered from the ceiling of the oven matched that of the baby.

During the opening statement by Assistant Montgomery County Prosecutor Daniel Brandt, a photo of the burned baby was flashed on a screen for the 12-member jury to see. Arnold sat quietly, occasionally jotting notes on a yellow legal pad.

Brandt said Arnold killed the child after arguing with her boyfriend over whether they had been faithful to each other.

When the couple brought the baby to the hospital, Brandt said, Arnold exclaimed: "'I killed my baby. I killed my baby."'

Brandt said Arnold later told police it never would have happened had she not gotten so drunk. He said Arnold, who has been in jail since she was charged in November 2006, told Williams she had killed the baby in the microwave and other inmates that she hadn't meant to do it.

Rion said Arnold, who has three sons, loved having a daughter and quit college and her job so she could stay home and take care of her. Rion said Arnold's boyfriend was the father of the child, and it couldn't have been anyone else.

During a pretrial hearing on Jan. 11, defense witness Robert Belloto, a staff pharmacist at Good Samaritan Hospital in Dayton, testified that he doesn't believe it would have been possible for Arnold to place the baby in the microwave because the woman was so drunk.

Belloto said Arnold told him she had consumed about 40 percent of a pint of high-proof rum in 90 minutes. But he acknowledged that he had no corroboration for her claim.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,327385,00.html

What a low-life!
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Re: Witness: Ohio Mom on Trial Said Baby 'Fit Right In' Microwave
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 02:29:47 AM »
What kind of scum is this that could do that to her own baby.  It's absolutely maddening.  I pray that there is justice in heaven because I don't see much justice here on earth.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 02:41:24 AM »
I wish they still fried murderers like back in the good old days. It would be grand if we saw justice middah kenegged middah in this case. Whoever takes a life should be prepared to lose their life.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 02:49:04 AM »
Thanks for posting the picture - I did not see it anywhere! I've read an article about this beast couple of days ago on Yahoo Canada. The funny thing happened. I wanted to check comment section to see if any of the sickos of whom, unfortunately,  there are so many in Canada, will tie it up to Bush/Cheney or McCain/Palin! Sure enough, like a third comment from "Parviz", no doubt a quaranimal, "logically" tied this story to the "criminal" US government and to the "vicious illegal" Israeli regime and occupation. I am not kidding! You've gotta admire these quaranimals!   :::D  
And hate them too!
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 02:51:50 AM »
If black animals like this could do this to their own child what would they do to someone else's. Now its societies fault because she knocked off a half pint of Over Proof Rum and decided to cook her baby. I guess she was reverting back to her jungle roots but traded in her cauldron for a microwave.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 03:17:16 AM »
I think she should be lynched after a good beating for doing that to her own baby.

I feel like crying thinking about how that baby must have felt as they died. I'm too empathetic sometimes... I can barely stand to think of it.

Some things are so evil I just don't know how people can sink so low.

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 10:25:57 AM »
If black animals like this could do this to their own child what would they do to someone else's. Now its societies fault because she knocked off a half pint of Over Proof Rum and decided to cook her baby. I guess she was reverting back to her jungle roots but traded in her cauldron for a microwave.

I have to disagree.  I don't see the connection between blacks and infanticide.  This isn't a black issue, it's an evil issue.  Don't forget Susan Smith and Andrea Yeats.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 11:24:22 AM »
Shhhhh! You'll be called a racist!
These people have no souls.
This is what separates humans from negros and other animals.

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774