Author Topic: When does Shabbat start in NY?  (Read 1353 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
When does Shabbat start in NY?
« on: September 12, 2008, 07:23:31 PM »
According to my calculations Shabbat started 20 minutes ago...

Why is the forum still up?

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
Re: When does Shabbat start in NY?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 07:25:48 PM »
I'm in New York and the current time is 7:25 pm. What time does Shabbat start?
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 07:27:06 PM »
The gentiles are holding it up until we get dancing gentiles smileys!!!
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 07:27:20 PM »
I'm in New York and the current time is 7:25 pm. What time does Shabbat start?

According to what I recieved from Chabad on my Text Messages here in CA Shabbat starts at 7:04 .

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 07:28:42 PM »
Maybe if it is already Shabbat, no one can push the button to turn the forum off???
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 07:30:15 PM »
Maybe if it is already Shabbat, no one can push the button to turn the forum off???

I thought that this was automatic, nobody is required to turn it off...

I hope that this is repaired. I like that the forum is down over Shabbat so I dont have to worry about what is going on.

muman613

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 07:30:26 PM »
Maybe there is an error.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 07:31:28 PM »
Need to have a gentile around to push the button and shoot bad guys.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 07:32:00 PM »
I thought that this was automatic, nobody is required to turn it off...

I hope that this is repaired. I like that the forum is down over Shabbat so I dont have to worry about what is going on.

muman613

You would not have to worry. The only people around would probably be just me Shamgar and a few other gentiles lurking around. Not much to miss.

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 07:32:58 PM »
Muman send me your phone number and I will call you and give you updates every 10 minutes.   :laugh: