Author Topic: Where were you when it happened?  (Read 1720 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Where were you when it happened?
« on: September 11, 2008, 07:42:03 PM »
I'm just curious.  Maybe it's worthwhile to share our stories of where we were that day.  I had taken my son to school and was going to a collegue's house.  I turned on the radio.  The north tower had been hit, but nobody was sure by what yet.  As I drove, I heard screaming all of a sudden as the plane hit the south tower.  When I got to my friend's house, we watched it on the news.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Re: Where were you when it happened?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 07:44:16 PM »
I was in math class and my cousin called me from Croatia on my cell to tell me it happened

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 07:49:14 PM »
Oh My,

On that fateful morning I didnt get up till 9:30 Pacific {12:30 Eastern}. My wife was watching TV when she ran into the computer room to tell me something terrible was happening. I turned on the TV in the living room and watched it for about a half an hour before I received a phone call from my father. He told me that my brother was in the building and he was on the 105th floor. For some odd reason I went into denial and refused to believe that the towers had fallen. I remember thinking that there was going to be some kind of rescue mission. But there was no hope for my brother. By the time I knew what was going on, he was already dead.

I was in shock for three days afterwards and was unable to work. My company was very understanding. I was so scared of another attack I could not fly. Unfortunately I was unable to attend my brother funeral.

muman613

« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 10:20:31 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 07:54:58 PM »
In the library as usual.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 07:56:04 PM »
In the library as usual.

You're a Librarian?

Offline Zionist Revolutionary

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 08:03:53 PM »
I was going to my history class in middle school. I was young then, and I didn't really understand what had happened.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 08:05:34 PM »
I was in class and everyone was leaving. I did not know why until I got home.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 08:06:50 PM »
I had woken up and heard about it on the news after the first one got hit.

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 08:10:33 PM »
You're a Librarian?

I AM a librarian, but on 9/11/01 at that time I was in the library working on my undergraduate degree in special ed. I didn't start working on my graduate librarian degree until 4 years later at another school. Does that clear things up?'So, let's dance! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I love this guy, sorry.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 08:11:31 PM »
I was on the Bus on the way to school I was in 10th grade
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 08:12:29 PM »
I AM a librarian, but on 9/11/01 at that time I was in the library working on my undergraduate degree in special ed. I didn't start working on my graduate librarian degree until 4 years later at another school. Does that clear things up?'So, let's dance! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I love this guy, sorry.

That clears everything up :P

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 08:22:43 PM »
I was working from home that day so I was not in Atlanta. When the 3rd plane hit I was out the door and stocked up on food, water purifiers and more ammo. I spent about 2 grand that morning. I thought we were in a SHTF scenario. I got the wife and kids at home and we hunkered down. Thanks goodness I still had all of my Y2K stuff or I might have still been trying to pay off the credit card...
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 08:28:04 PM »
Oh My,

On that fateful morning I didnt get up till 9:30 Pacific {12:30 Eastern}. My wife was watching TV when she ran into the computer room to tell me something terrible was happening. I turned on the TV in the living room and watched it for about a half an hour before I received a phone call from my father. He told me that my brother was in the building and he was on the 105th floor. For some odd reason I went into denial and refused to believe that the towers had fallen. I remember thinking that there was going to be some kind of rescue mission. But there was no hope for my brother. By the time I knew what was going on, he was already dead.

I was in shock for three days afterwards and was unable to work. My company was very understanding. I was so scared of another attack I could not fly. Unfortunately I was unable to attend my brother funeral.

muman613

Muman,

Your brother sounds like he was a great guy and I'm very sorry this happened to him and to you and your family.  I hope G-d has blessed you with strength and resolve.  I have lit a candle today for your brother and for the hundreds of other brothers, sisters, sons, and daughters who were murdered by this evil cancer on that day.  I will also say a special prayer for you and your family.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 10:21:00 PM by muman613 »

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 08:43:04 PM »
Oh My,

muman613

muman,
It is a terrible thing. Your brother and your family have my prayers. I am sure hashem is taking good care of him.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 10:20:48 PM by muman613 »
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 09:37:04 AM »
I was getting a haircut.  I had no clue what had happened until about ten o'clock that morning.  I had gone all morning without a TV or radio being on.  Since that day, I always leave one or the other running.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2008, 08:39:38 PM »
I was asleep when a friend called and left a message that the Pentagon was under attack.  I was half awake and then realized it wasn't a dream and turned on the tv.  My mom was flying and I couldn't get a hold of her until that evening.  It was a really stressful day.

My Muslim boss made anyone he could work that day too. The company closed some branches but the ones that were optional were all kept open becasue he thought he could pick up the business, since so many places were closed. 

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2008, 08:42:59 PM »
I was asleep when a friend called and left a message that the Pentagon was under attack.  I was half awake and then realized it wasn't a dream and turned on the tv.  My mom was flying and I couldn't get a hold of her until that evening.  It was a really stressful day.

My Muslim boss made anyone he could work that day too. The company closed some branches but the ones that were optional were all kept open becasue he thought he could pick up the business, since so many places were closed. 

What a jerk your boss is! My college closed almost immediately. Was he celebrating the deaths of Americans? Was this him? :camel: :celebrate:

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2008, 08:54:38 PM »
It's possible, he immigrated from Crapistan just a few years earlier. He would have cried bloody murder though if something happened to his mosque and would have taken the millienium off. He also made people take vacations when their relatives died, instead of bereavement time. It hurt his profitibility somehow if they took bereavement and not vacation.

I left about a few months later.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2008, 09:18:22 PM »
I was driving to my Political Interest Groups class that morning. There was nothing but these weird news reports on KROQ (an alternative-rock station in Los Angeles) and it was quite surreal. I couldn't believe what had happened.  >:(