Author Topic: Obama the black nerd can be a positive example to black "gangsta-prone" youth  (Read 478 times)

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
Who knows, we'll see:

Conservative black writer for the National Review Deroy Murdock writes that ironically, Obama may serve as a force toward social conservatism for black people.   Obama can be an example of what happens when you:  study, graduate from high school AND college AND grad school, GET MARRIED *THEN* have children.  You could be president.  Maybe it will lessen the "stigma" black kids have that actually study.  They are, as Murdock was, taunted as "acting white" if they succeed educationally.

Murdock says Obama is "a debonair black man whose studiousness and diligence transported him from a broken home to the world’s most famous house" and who can maybe fix the "50 percent black high-school dropout rate" and "a 67.8 percent black out-of-wedlock birth rate."

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=YzdmZmNmMmRhY2U3MTdjNTliN2I1NWIzYzUxM2NjZmI=

President Obama May Reverse Damage of Ghetto Culture
Unraveling “Acting White Syndrome.”
[/size]
Deroy Murdock

"Let’s hope that Obama’s example leads young black Americans to stop obsessing about white racism, reject hip-hop and ghetto culture, and embrace intellectual achievement. May a million belts bloom, and baggy trousers stop sliding off black men’s rumps—needlessly making them look foolish. (Obama recommends: “Brothers should pull up their pants.”) May books open, wisdom deepen, and childbirth follow matrimony as a new era of responsibility envelops America’s ’hoods.

In this respect, President Barack Obama ironically could become a powerful force for socially conservative change."
[/size]

:laugh:  I'm all for it, if this happens.  We'll see I suppose.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 04:11:11 AM by xoce »
aka Someone Else