Author Topic: SHOCK POLL: JEWS NOW FAVOR McCAIN IN NY 54-32  (Read 1381 times)

Offline Cyberella

• Master JTFer
SHOCK POLL: JEWS NOW FAVOR McCAIN IN NY 54-32
« on: September 17, 2008, 08:37:31 PM »
Shock Poll: Jews Now Favor McCain in New York, 54-32
John Podhoretz - 09.17.2008 - 6:17 PM
The Siena poll, one of the two key polls of New York state voters, has come out with its monthly snapshot of the presidential race in the Empire State. And it’s stunning. It is remarkable, though not eye-opening, that John McCain is now only 5 points behind Barack Obama, 46-41 – not shocking because polls have narrowed to similar margins in New Jersey. (It should be noted, however, that according to a Rasmussen poll released yesterday, Obama is leading in New York by 55-42.)

No, the shocking detail has to do with a wild, 35-point swing toward McCain among Jewish voters. Obama led among them by a margin of 50-37 in August. This month, McCain is actually leading Obama by a margin of 54 percent to 32 percent.

Siena polled 626 likely voters this month. Of those, according to Steve Greenberg, the spokesman for the Siena poll, 77 were Jews, or 12 percent of the sample. That is Siena’s best guess of the size of the Jewish vote in New York state in November. With a sample size that small, the margin of error for the Jewish voter sample is plus-or-minus 11 points.

That means the poll could be off by as many as 11 points in either direction — i.e., McCain could be leading by as little as 11 points or by as many as 33.

The only difference between the September poll and the August poll as a matter of methodology is that in September, Siena polled likely voters, whereas in August it only polled registered voters.

The poll could, of course, be an outlier. But if it even begins to approximate the truth, it is huge news. No Republican has scored more than 39 percent of the Jewish vote in modern times, and that was Ronald Reagan in 1980, following a series of missteps by the Carter administration. These sorts of numbers for McCain have implications in two other states particularly — Florida and Pennsylvania.

In Florida, the implications are obvious. Obama’s own Jewish organizers in Florida are telling the campaign they are finding profound resistance to him, particularly in South Florida. The polling overall there seems to be moving inexorably in McCain’s direction, which is necessary for him; it is nearly impossible to see how he can win the election if he loses Florida.

But what about Pennsylvania? That is a state it appears Obama must win.  There are, it is estimated, more than 200,000 Jewish voters in Pennsylvania, a state John Kerry won by 140,000 votes. If we assume Pennsylvania’s 200,000 voting Jews voted in the same way as Jews nationwide in 2004 and went 76-24 for Kerry, we can attribute 150,000 Jewish votes to Kerry, his entire margin of victory plus seven percent. Now imagine if that number had been closer to 50-50. Kerry would have received 100,000 Jewish votes rather than 150,000. Bush would have received 100,000 Jewish votes rather than 50,000. Kerry’s margin of victory would then have shrunk to 40,000 votes.

It appears Obama may have a tougher time in Pennsylvania than Kerry did because of his difficulty attracting the ethnic white vote in the western part of the state. If there is a Jewish swing away from him as well, he really could lose there. And if he loses there and loses Ohio, he is sunk. Ohio has approximately 80,000 Jewish voters, so a swing away from Obama to a 50-50 race would cost him 25,000 votes Kerry presumably received in 2004 — and in a state that Bush won by 121,000 votes.

We’ll need more data from two other states with a significant Jewish population to allow for a measurable sample size in a poll – Florida and California – and a polling firm willing to break out the Jewish vote as Siena has, to see whether this is just statistical smoke or whether Obama has a brushfire he needs to put out somehow before it consumes him.

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/blogs/index.php/jpodhoretz/31061

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Re: SHOCK POLL: JEWS NOW FAVOR McCAIN IN NY 54-32
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 08:40:37 PM »
YES :dance: :) :dance: :)

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 08:55:11 PM »
GREAT NEWS
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 08:56:22 PM »
Keep talking to people don't give up. Let's see if those pro-McCain margins can be increased.

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 09:04:31 PM »
I saw disgusting coverage of Jews in south Florida working hard to Obama elected. They were showing scenes from an "information session" where pro-Obama Jews were promoting their candidate to mostly older Jews. They had some Jewish girl step up and say "Let's do our best to get BARUCH Obama elected"!!!!
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Roadwarrior

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 09:42:37 PM »

If we win NY ...you can put a fork in Obambi

In order to suppress his support even more, Jews MUST be told about his comments that:

1)  Hamas has "legitimate" claims

2)  Israel is a "constant sore" on American foreign policy

3)  Wrights comments about the "so-called  state of Israel"
     and Israel is a "dirty" word ....

4)  His associations with Farrakhan and Edward Said

5)  No one has suffered as much as the Palestinians

He is getting a complete media pass on all this.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 10:06:32 PM »
I knew it.  Ive always said, self hating Hollywood Jews are a small BUT VOCAL minority.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 10:44:30 PM »
  Very encouraging news!

Even if John McCain gets half the Jewish vote in Florida and Pennsylvania,   I think he has a good chance of winning both states.       

The " Jews for Palin "   and " Jews against Obama " efforts in these two states are critical.   
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 10:50:25 PM »
Deep down no self respecting Jew wants to vote for Barack Hussein Obama... only the lowest and most vile Jews on Earth would support Obama,

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 10:57:40 PM »
Deep down no self respecting Jew wants to vote for Barack Hussein Obama... only the lowest and most vile Jews on Earth would support Obama,

Many of these vile creatures were raising money for Barack Hussein Obama in Hollywood last night.    It's bad enough to support the hideous B.H. Obama.    Giving him financial support and campaigning for him is at or close to sewer level. 
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline spiritus_persona

• Pro JTFer
  • Say NO to Dhimmitude
    • Cultural Jihadist (Warning!  May contain harsh language!)
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 11:06:06 PM »
neat ;D
Me: Muslims get offended too easily.
Muslim: What!?  That is an outrage!  Take that back or I kill you!

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2008, 11:40:51 PM »
And the Jewish Left still thinks Obama is not only more atractive to Jews then McCain but he is more pro Israel. :laugh: :fist:
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 01:51:33 AM »
If we win NY ...you can put a fork in Obambi

In order to suppress his support even more, Jews MUST be told about his comments that:

1)  Hamas has "legitimate" claims

2)  Israel is a "constant sore" on American foreign policy

3)  Wrights comments about the "so-called  state of Israel"
     and Israel is a "dirty" word ....

4)  His associations with Farrakhan and Edward Said

5)  No one has suffered as much as the Palestinians

He is getting a complete media pass on all this.

You forgot Tony Resko, the evil Quranimal that bribed him and collected money for murderers, like PLO.  >:(
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Betsalèl.N.N.

• New JTFer
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2008, 03:19:48 AM »
I fail to see the shocking part in this "Shock Poll", sounds just like sanity for Jews to choose someone who isn't working around the clock against them.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2008, 04:21:55 AM »
I fail to see the shocking part in this "Shock Poll", sounds just like sanity for Jews to choose someone who isn't working around the clock against them.
Betsalel,

You do realize that historically Jews have voted Democrat. This is shocking that finally it seems some have been waking up to the truth which the Democrats don't want them to know.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2008, 05:22:19 AM »
The hilarious thing about this is that the Obama campaign was saying that the were going to run a 50  state campaign. That they were going to win in Colorado and Montana and Wyoming and North Carolina.

Now, Obama is having trouble holding on to New York and New Jersey.

What a fool!
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2008, 06:58:49 AM »
Now my observation the  kikes the ones with large hook noses tend to be Hussein supporters.The better looking Jews the handsome men and attractive women vote McCain /Palin i find this very strange
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2008, 08:18:16 AM »
hey, i have a hook nose and don't support McCain-Palin

Don't judge people with hook noses... :'( :P
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2008, 08:22:11 AM »
hey, i have a hook nose and don't support McCain-Palin

Don't judge people with hook noses... :'( :P
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: no you have a aqualine nose :)
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03