Author Topic: Best Israeli newspapers  (Read 495 times)

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
Best Israeli newspapers
« on: September 19, 2008, 09:41:09 AM »
So I'm in Israel till January and I was wondering which newspapers were good to read i.e. stuff that's not Bolshevik and left-wing. I have a compy of Hamodia next to me....is it any good?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Best Israeli newspapers
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 12:18:32 PM »
Shalom,

At this time the only Israeli news source I trust is IsraelNationalNew, Arutz Sheva. They are certainly right-wing and support the goal of a Greater Israel.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Best Israeli newspapers
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 02:04:08 PM »
So I'm in Israel till January and I was wondering which newspapers were good to read i.e. stuff that's not Bolshevik and left-wing. I have a compy of Hamodia next to me....is it any good?

Are you looking for Hebrew or English news ?
All the major news papers in Israel are hopelessly leftist, and most of them are more a tabloid than a serious news paper.

I can't tell you about Hamodia, I've never read it before. I suppose you can find several Charedi news papers in Jerusalem but they are all a horn of the various Charedi courts with no  zero free journalism.

I believe the most popular paper in Judea and Samaria is the right wing "Makor Rishon" מקור ראשון so perhaps you could try that paper.