General Category > General Discussion

Help finding pickled tomatoes?

(1/4) > >>

White Israelite:
Hey guys, I used to eat this stuff at bagel shops called "pickled tomatoes" and they were pretty dang good, my dad made them once as well I think with habanero peppers and they were good. I don't care if their super hot or just spicy/sour but I absolutely hate sweet tasting stuff. I have found a few places online that sell the tomatoes including one that is kosher, but they are all sweet flavored. Does anyone know a place to buy online the sour pickled green tomatoes? We don't have any places that have them here, but theres a turkish restaurant I go to sometimes and they have them for like salads. Maybe I can pay someone to ship them to me? :D

zachor_ve_kavod:
Pickled tomatoes are actually not tomatoes at all, they are tomatillos and they are part of the pepper family.  I would go to a deli and ask them where they get them from.  Failing that, you can check out the specialty shops in your area.  There is also a section in Gourmet magazine that tells you where you can order specialty food items.

Americanhero1:
http://www.barryfarm.com/pickled_veggies.htm

White Israelite:

--- Quote from: zachor_ve_kavod on September 23, 2008, 08:51:11 PM ---Pickled tomatoes are actually not tomatoes at all, they are tomatillos and they are part of the pepper family.  I would go to a deli and ask them where they get them from.  Failing that, you can check out the specialty shops in your area.  There is also a section in Gourmet magazine that tells you where you can order specialty food items.

--- End quote ---

Their not? I thought they were just unripened tomatoes that were pickled.

I don't really know any specialty shops in the area, but maybe I should ask that Turkish shop where they get them. How are they prepared that makes them kosher?

White Israelite:

--- Quote from: Americanhero on September 23, 2008, 08:59:46 PM ---http://www.barryfarm.com/pickled_veggies.htm

--- End quote ---

Are those sour ones? They don't have a sweet taste by any chance do they? Sweet taste = yuck. If they are sour, i'm sold.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version