Author Topic: JTFers THIS IS HUGE: Mccain will not push Israeli "peace" suicide process  (Read 860 times)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/Flash.aspx/153520
McCain 'Would Not Promote Israel-PA Talks'

IsraelNN.com) A United States administration under John McCain would refrain from actively engaging in the Israeli-Palestinian diplomatic process, according to Republican presidential candidate Senator John McCain advisors Max Boot and Richard Williamson.

Richard Danzig, a representative of Barack Obama, said the Democratic presidential candidate would take the opposite approach on both issues.

If he keeps this promise, this is huge.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: JTFers THIS IS HUGE: Mccain will not push Israeli "peace" suicide process
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 04:45:39 PM »
I'm going to sticky this for now and if another moderator wants to unsticky it later feel free. This is big news!

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 04:46:24 PM »
  Kahane: Does he mean he will just stay OUT of the affairs of Israel? And with that- give them the morale support they desperately need over ANY dang dollar bill.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 04:50:21 PM »
Here is the full article:  http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/Flash.aspx/153520

McCain 'Would Not Promote Israel-PA Talks'

by Gil Ronen

(IsraelNN.com) A U.S. administration under John McCain would discourage Israeli-Syrian peace talks and refrain from actively engaging in the Israeli-Palestinian diplomatic process. That was the message delivered over the weekend by two McCain advisers – Max Boot, a senior fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations, and Richard Williamson, the Bush administration's special envoy to Sudan – during a retreat hosted by the Washington Institute for Near East Policy at the Lansdowne Resort in rural Virginia.

Richard Danzig, a representative of Barack Obama, said the Democratic presidential candidate would take the opposite approach on both issues.

'Not top priority'
In an interview with the Atlantic magazine over the summer, U.S. Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) insisted that in his presidency he would serve as the chief negotiator in the peace process. But at the retreat this weekend, Boot said pursuing a deal between Israel and the PA would not be a top priority in a McCain administration.

Boot called the Bush administration’s renewed efforts to promote Israeli-PA talks "a mistake." He also claimed Israel's talks with Syria betray the stake that the United States has invested in Lebanon's fragile democracy. "John McCain is not going to betray the lawfully elected government of Lebanon," Boot said.

Williamson said that "Israel should not be dictated to in dealing with Syria or dealing with Lebanon," but added: "Hopefully as friends they will listen to us."

McCain a neo-conservative?
According to JTA, the session at Lansdowne appeared to suggest that McCain is adopting neo-conservatism, which believes in "a muscular foreign policy and an affinity for promoting democracy."

Surrogates for Obama re-emphasized their commitment to stepping up U.S. diplomatic efforts. Danzig said an Obama administration would revive the idea of a special envoy for pursuing a peace deal.

The "appropriate level of presidential engagement requires that the United States designate someone whose energies are predominantly allocated to this," Danzig said.

Someone like Tony Blair, the former British prime minister now leading efforts to build a Palestinian civil society, might fit the bill, he added.

It was clear that each campaign had devoted a great deal of attention to the issue. Officials from both campaigns signed on to a Washington Institute for Near East Policy paper this summer that called for closer U.S.-Israel coordination on Iran, born out of concerns that Israel's leadership was getting closer to contemplating the option of a strike.

[endquote]

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 04:55:36 PM »
Okay so McCain is doing the right thing but for the wrong reason.  Still, it's better than Obama who would do the wrong thing.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 05:28:40 PM »
It seems like Palin had a chat with McCain.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 05:50:47 PM »
It seems like Palin had a chat with McCain.

Oh I hope you are right. With Palin by his side I don't think Abbas will have any meetings with McCain. With Palin I don't think that a Sec of State will push any prosses like Congolezza Rice. This is good. !!!
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline americankahanist

• Full JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 06:00:09 PM »
Maybe McCain is watching the US tank at the Stock Market and figures that we had better get on the side of HaShem, unlike condoleesa.

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 07:57:33 PM »
                                                                                                         בס''ד

I don't trust McCain. His promises are worthless. And he certainly is not pro-Israel. But McCain may be preoccupied with other issues and so pressuring little Israel to commit national suicide may not be one of his priorities, G-d willing.

On the other hand, with the Muslim Jew-hater Barack Hussein Osama, there is no doubt that we will see immediate and relentless pressure on Israel to commit suicide. Osama will do everything possible to create an independent PLO-Hamas terrorist state in Israel's Biblical heartland.

As far as Sarah Palin is concerned, we still don't know what her position is on Israel surrendering land. And let's not forget, she would be vice president, not president. And since she has little foreign policy experience, I wonder if she will have much influence on Middle East policy.

In any event, one thing is certain: Barack Hussein Osama would be a catastrophe. For that reason alone, we must do everything possible to elect the McCain-Palin ticket.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 08:30:10 PM »
Who know, perhaps one day, we will end up with a woman president that is 100% pro Israel???? :dance:
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Lef

• New JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 09:03:39 PM »
There is no doubt in my mind that John McCain will be a loyal ally and backer of israel.

His personal history proves that he does not chose 'pragmatism' or 'expediency' or 'personal interest' over his loyalty to friends in his own camp. As for Sarah Pallin, her well grounded common sense and her personal morality will lead her to support Israel very strongly.

And please don not forget :  the Dems ticket is 2 lawyers .... whereas the GOP ticket is 2 people with remarkable personal achievements based on personal convictions.

For me, lawyers are like professionnal liars. They get paid to distort the truth and idealism plays no role in their stand.

Even without this latest news, give me the GOP ticket anytime and I know that israel will be safer.

leon
If I am not for myself, who will be ?  And if not now, then when ?

(biblical wisdom)