Author Topic: Paul Newman dies at 83!  (Read 2893 times)

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Paul Newman dies at 83!
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2008, 10:22:23 PM »
It says a lot that he never cheated on his wife.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2008, 10:49:20 PM »
My friend's brother is a hemophiliac, he went fishing with Newman because he set up a hemophiliac charity. He said he was a very nice guy.
I don't know exactly what his political views were.. even if he was a left winger, he did a lot of good charitable work.

Offline George

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2008, 12:20:16 AM »

Not cheating on your wife is supposed to be a great accomplishment? Cheating on a spouse is evil and not doing so is just basic decency.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2008, 01:40:26 AM »
I don't see how you all can prove that he didn't commit adultery. Just think about the logic of it. It's much harder to substantiate and prove a negative action than an actual one.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2008, 08:45:10 AM »
My friend's brother is a hemophiliac, he went fishing with Newman because he set up a hemophiliac charity. He said he was a very nice guy.
I don't know exactly what his political views were.. even if he was a left winger, he did a lot of good charitable work.

http://www.nraila.org/Issues/factsheets/read.aspx?ID=14

Paul Newmans on the list for donating to anti-gun organizations.

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2008, 09:40:18 AM »

Not cheating on your wife is supposed to be a great accomplishment? Cheating on a spouse is evil and not doing so is just basic decency.

This day and age it IS a big accomplishment.

Furthermore, a guy like Newman would have had Women throwing themselves at him on a daily basis.

Oh yes, its says a lot that Newman didn't cheat on his wife.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2008, 12:29:46 PM »
the man has helped more people in his life then you can ever hope to, and you say "good riddance"? 
*cough*troll alert*cough*

right, i'm the troll when you are the insensetive fool who says "good riddance" 

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2008, 12:58:44 PM »
right, i'm the troll when you are the insensetive fool who says "good riddance" 

The word is insensitive. ;-)

Offline Gruzinit

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2008, 02:24:02 AM »
Paul Newman is up there with Charlton Heston as one of best actors of the Twentieth Century. He may have held political views which many of us differ with. But he never once collaborated with the enemies of America(Hanoi Jane) or encouraged taxpayers and their nations to fork over tremendous sums of aid (Bono).

No Newman stated his opinion like every America, and used his immense wealth and businesses (like Newman's Own) to finance charities for lots of good causes like cancer research or summer camps for sick kids. Above politics, Newman was the definition of a class act.
The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money. – Alexis de Tocqueville

Communism is like prohibition, it's a good idea but it won't work. - Will Rogers

Offline Sparky

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2008, 03:26:02 AM »
Paul Newman's performance in "The Verdict" was second to none.  The Academy made a mistake not awarding him the Oscar that year.  He got an Academy Award for "The Color of Money" which was really to make up for him not getting it for "The Verdict" imo.