Author Topic: Rassmussen 10/8/08: Obama - 51%, McCain - 45% (+2 for McCain)  (Read 1046 times)

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
Rassmussen 10/8/08: Obama - 51%, McCain - 45% (+2 for McCain)
« on: October 08, 2008, 09:48:21 AM »
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows Barack Obama attracting 51% of the vote while John McCain earns 45%. For the past thirteen days, Obama’s support has ranged from 50% to 52% while McCain has been at 44% of 45% every day. Results are based upon nightly telephone interviews and reported on a three-day rolling average basis. The overwhelming majority of interviews for this morning’s update were conducted before the conclusion of last night’s Presidential debate.

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Rassmussen 10/8/08: Obama - 51%, McCain - 45% (+2 for McCain)
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 11:00:44 AM »
Other national polls also show McCain gaining in recent days:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/general_election_mccain_vs_obama-225.html

The Reuters/Cspan poll: Obama leads 47% to 45% - a margin of only 2%;
Hotline/FD poll: Obama leads 45% to 44% - a margin of only 1%;
GW/Battleground poll: Obama leads 49% to 45% - a margin of 4%.

There are other polls that are worse, but in my opinion, McCain is gaining because of Sarah Palin's vigorous attacks on Barack Hussein Obama and his connections to the Communist terrorist William Ayers and his connections to "Reverend" Jeremiah Wright.

Unfortunately, McCain did not keep up the attacks in his debate last night. Big mistake. Those attacks are the only hope the McCain-Palin ticket have of winning. Let us hope and pray that the campaign continues to expose Obama.

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 11:09:05 AM »

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/general_election_mccain_vs_obama-225.html

There are other polls that are worse, but in my opinion, McCain is gaining because of Sarah Palin's vigorous attacks on Barack Hussein Obama and his connections to the Communist terrorist William Ayers and his connections to "Reverend" Jeremiah Wright.

Unfortunately, McCain did not keep up the attacks in his debate last night. Big mistake. Those attacks are the only hope the McCain-Palin ticket have of winning. Let us hope and pray that the campaign continues to expose Obama.

Chaim, I sent various # of emails to Palins Office in AK- Also I called there, and left messages to ATTACK, & that when Hillary attacked she gained bigtime (like u said).  I dont think people should flood her office, I just took a chance, & got a message through, I spent a better part of yesterday emailing her EVERYWHERE, & McCain as well.  I dont know if I have done any good at all, but it was worth the try.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 11:12:17 AM »
Lets hope that McCain continues to gain because the more I see of an Obama win the more I see we will be doomed here in America. McCain is just to polite to take Obama on directly and call him what he is. If McCain would have let it rip last night and called Obama out on key issues the increase in the polls may have been 5 or 6 points for McCain today. Lets hope Palin continues speaking out and her voice is enough to give the issue exposure.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 11:12:39 AM »
thank you very much Chiam for providing this info.  The Town Hall forum is where Sen. McCain is most comfortable.  I enjoyed watching this debate because Obama behaved himself, although I did see him spit (i replayed this on my dvr w/muted sound 2 or 3 times, and I am sure i saw him spit pretty far LOL,) and although some say it was boring and the moderator wasn't very good, I enjoyed watching the debate.  Obama didn't "stare down" Sen. McCain or make faces.  He was pleasant.  What i did notice is Sen. McCain shook hands with most of the audience members that asked a question, and Sen. Obama, did not shake hands  :o thank you again for providing the polling info.

Jaime
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 11:46:40 AM by jaime »

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 11:14:31 AM »

There are other polls that are worse, but in my opinion, McCain is gaining because of Sarah Palin's vigorous attacks on Barack Hussein Obama and his connections to the Communist terrorist William Aryes and his connections to "Reverend" Jeremiah Wright.

There are so much good points that McCain can use. Obama is really terrible. He will damage the American economy highly.

Milton Friedman says in one of his last interviews, that a welfare state and open borders together doesn't work.

In Germany the number of poor people increased in the last decade strongly.

But the German Federal Statistical Office said clearly, that 3/4 of the increase is because of third world immigration mainly from Muslim countries.

I think McCain should point out, that Obamas policy will lead to the higher taxation of all working people and a redistribution of income to those who are because of their culture unable to earn their living.

This people, specially Muslims will flood into the USA, not in order to work, but in order to soak the blood of the hard working people.

But I think he will not mention it, because he is too pc.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 11:51:23 AM »
"This people, specially Muslims will flood into the USA, not in order to work, but in order to soak the blood of the hard working people."

Pheasant, they come from all over the world so America will take care of their lazy a$$es.  They get food stamps, low cost housing, or shelters, loans, SBA business planning and loans.........please.  This has been going on for 35-40 years, hasn't it anyone???

You must be allowed to run a business, if you can, and lead a normal life, without gov't interference.  You have to find a safe neighborhood to live in.  You have to work very hard here to support these slobs.  40% don't pay taxes so what Obama says 95% get a tax cut, the #s don't add up.  he is full of you know what.

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 12:14:45 PM »

I agree that it was a mistake. I assume that he thinks letting Palin be the attack dog is all he needs. I think that is too much of a risk. He has less than a month to go and he can not rely solely on Palin to bring up these valid points. He had a national audience last night. He has less money than Obama so he must maximize his free media time.  He has one debate left to somehow bring this up. I think it is worth a shot. Sure the media will attack him but would you rather have the media not attack you and have no chance or have the media attack you and have a chance?

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 12:35:12 PM »
"This people, specially Muslims will flood into the USA, not in order to work, but in order to soak the blood of the hard working people."

Pheasant, they come from all over the world so America will take care of their lazy a$$es.  They get food stamps, low cost housing, or shelters, loans, SBA business planning and loans.........please.  This has been going on for 35-40 years, hasn't it anyone???

You must be allowed to run a business, if you can, and lead a normal life, without gov't interference.  You have to find a safe neighborhood to live in.  You have to work very hard here to support these slobs.  40% don't pay taxes so what Obama says 95% get a tax cut, the #s don't add up.  he is full of you know what.

I fear with Obama all what you have said will become much worse.  :o
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 12:38:12 PM »
The race needs to get within 3-4% for Mccain to win (Bradley effect).  In order for that to happen... the stock market HAS to stop collapsing... at least temporarily.

Id give Obama 2 to 1 odds right now.  :(

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 01:05:42 PM »
The debates are the best forum for McCain and Palin to attack osama. They are viewed by more people than any ad, and what's more is they're free. McComatose missed a big chance last night.