Author Topic: What do people here think of Germans?  (Read 10703 times)

Offline George

• Senior JTFer
Re: What do people here think of Germans?
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2008, 05:43:13 AM »

PS: I used to drive a VW bus... Even though VW was Hitlers car company.

What does that have to do with anything?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2008, 06:29:14 AM »

PS: I used to drive a VW bus... Even though VW was Hitlers car company.

What does that have to do with anything?

Ralph2,

I think it shows that I am not totally against Germany. My step-father drove a VW Schirocco and he is of german Jewish lineage. I dont have any animosity against the German people while some Jews will not even drive a VW or a Mercedes because of its Nazi past.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2008, 07:59:18 AM »
Teutons is a nice word but what % of Germans are Teutons why pick on Teutons they make up not a large % of Germans .Hitler was not a Teuton
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2008, 08:14:12 AM »
Hey I forgot something, Germany bred some really awesome breeds of dog, like Mord's shepherd in the picture. Also weimeraners and dachshunds and other great breeds. I'm not fond of dobermans or rottweilers though.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2008, 08:27:41 AM »
Hey I forgot something, Germany bred some really awesome breeds of dog, like Mord's shepherd in the picture. Also weimeraners and dachshunds and other great breeds. I'm not fond of dobermans or rottweilers though.
Thats true even the standard Poodle  which was originally a work dog :)
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2008, 08:44:41 AM »
I am Jewish. I LOVE Germans and the German culture. I am a big big fan of German philosophy. I think that only a great nation could have given the world such great thinkers. It's not a matter of coincidence, in my opinion, that Germans have the best composers in the world as well. I think that there is a connection between great philosophy and great musicality in a nation. You need both very sophisiticated thinking and a bit of craziness, if you will. If you are totally rational, you will never create great music and great philosophy. This is why, in the question of who is the greatest nation in the world - the French or the Germans - I give the priority to Germans. The French are too rational for my taste. This is purely my opinion. If someone says that the French are the greatest nation in the world, I won't argue. I would see why they think so. The British and the Italians come very close second after the French and the Germans - again, my opinion.

But what about the Holocaust, you might say. How can a Jew love and admire the Germans after what they did to the Jews? I'll tell you. By the same logic, I would have to hate most of other European nations. Ukrainians, Poles, Latvians are not less antisemitic than the Germans. If anything - it's more. It's just that they were not as well organazied and clever as Germans to start exterminating the Jews on such a grand scale. If they could, THEY WOULD!!! The world's irrational hatred of the Jews is unfortunate. It's the work of the Devil, the way I understand the concept of the Devil. G-d will punish the evil Jew killers - I have no doubt about it. But the great works of art and pinnacles of thought in our great European culture are inspired by G-d! Contemplating and admiring these creations brings me closer to G-d.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2008, 09:03:10 AM »
France is losing any culture it had soon it's only culture will be sharia culture and Islamic culture

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2008, 11:15:23 AM »
I'm part 'Yeke' myself, I had a grandfather from Austria and grandmother from Germany. I like the good parts which Masha mentioned, the high culture and science which came from there (BTW the Jews in german Europe had a significant contribution to this high civilization). I learn a little bit of German in my free time, I hope eventually to be able to read Kafka or a Grimm folk-tail.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2008, 03:22:55 PM »
More on this issue:

CF may have a point, at a certain time Hitler recieved 84.6% of the electorate. Though at this time he was already using his paramilitary squads to eliminate his opposition.

Again from Wikipedia:

President Paul von Hindenburg died on 2 August 1934. Rather than holding new presidential elections, Hitler's cabinet passed a law proclaiming the presidency dormant and transferred the role and powers of the head of state to Hitler as Führer und Reichskanzler (leader and chancellor). Thereby Hitler also became supreme commander of the military, whose officers then swore an oath not to the state or the constitution but to Hitler personally.[48] In a mid-August plebiscite, these acts found the approval of 84.6% of the electorate.[49] This action technically violated both the constitution and the Enabling Act. The constitution had been amended in 1932 to make the president of the High Court of Justice, not the chancellor, acting president until new elections could be held. The Enabling Act specifically barred Hitler from taking any action that tampered with the presidency. However, no one dared object. With this action, Hitler effectively removed the last remedy by which he could be dismissed from office—and with it, all checks and balances on his power.

I dont know if this was a fair election as at the time his use of violence was well established.

muman613

However, some people have referred to Hitler's legacy in neutral or favourable terms. Former Egyptian President Anwar El Sadat spoke of his 'admiration' of Hitler in 1953, when he was a young man, though it is possible he was speaking in the context of a rebellion against the British Empire.[257] Louis Farrakhan has referred to him as a "very great man".[258] Bal Thackeray, leader of the right-wing Hindu Shiv Sena party in the Indian state of the Maharashtra, declared in 1995 that he was an admirer of Hitler.[259] Friedrich Meinecke, the German historian quotes of Hitler, "It is one of the great examples of the singular and incalculable power of personality in historical life".[260]

that's more like an approval rating.  In actual reichstag elections, he never had a majority. 

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2008, 03:29:20 PM »
My thoughts, I don't have problems with Germans because I have some German blood from my moms side, my cousins/uncles on her side are German and I consider them my family. They are proud of their German heritage but not of Hitlers legacy or the swastika.

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2008, 03:45:50 PM »
I noticed how Germans write English very well and speak it well, but with a thick German accent.
I also understand that Americans can go to Germany without having to learn the language of the third empire.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2008, 04:23:31 PM »
:) :dance:

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2008, 04:37:16 PM »

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member

Shot at 2010-01-03

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2008, 08:46:33 PM »
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2008, 08:47:52 PM »
I don't have a problem with the German people. However I am not happy the way they treated six million Jews during the Holocaust.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2008, 09:52:15 PM »
I don't have a problem with the German people. However I am not happy the way they treated six million Jews during the Holocaust.

My family didn't kill any Jews or support Nazis, so I don't appreciate that remark.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2008, 09:55:52 PM »

My family didn't kill any Jews or support Nazis, so I don't appreciate that remark.

Mine didn't either. In fact my grandfather fought against them because he fought for America in WW2.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2008, 09:56:49 PM »
I have no German heritage.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2008, 09:58:00 PM »
I have no German heritage.

Whatever you've got, be proud of it. :)

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2008, 02:52:08 AM »
My grandfather left Germany when Hitler won in 1933.  He said when he grew up that many Jews had come to Germany because it treated the Jews better than any other nation.  Jews were scapegoated throughout Europe but Hitler was the first modern age leader to make anti-semitism a national agenda rather than periodically having pogroms.  That's why Ahmedinijad is so dangerous because he is using the exact same language as Hitler.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2008, 02:54:58 AM »
As far a most Germans they are evil and support the Arab Terrorists in Israel so I don't support Germany but as far and individuals there are some like Pheasant and GWB the Hero that are reichous. I support people like them
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Cato

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2008, 04:59:11 AM »
Our new-found friends, the North Koreans, are in the habit (according to the BBC) of routinely rounding up the families of offenders, and using them for biological experiments. Now, what were we saying about the Germans?

Personally I once married into a family of expatriate SA Germans, who unlike most of their fellow countrymen had not suddenly seen the error of their ways at the end of the war. The insisted that the basic choice facing them in the election which voted in Hitler was to vote for either Hitler or the Communists. They reacted in the way in which many of us would react. Jews were not considered an issue - too many of them had fought alongside their fellow Germans in the trenches. If there was an issue, other than the Communists, it was the dismemberment of Germany following World War 1 in the Treaty of Versailles, which even Lloyd George said at the time would lead to a Second World War.

By the way, the Welsh have the same name for the English as for the Saxons - they are the same people. Enjoy the Oktoberfest. Remember that the British and the Germans once enjoyed Christmas Eve celebrations together along a 250 km. front in the trenches, until those in charge ordered them back to carry on killing each other. Hardly anyone then or now knew what the war was about, other than blind patriotism.

It is right that the atrocities of the Second World War should be remembered, but what we are remembering is the failings of ordinary people such as ourselves.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 05:48:53 AM by carreg »

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2008, 07:47:29 AM »
Do all Saxons from Germany get automatic English citzenship :laugh: :laugh:

Shot at 2010-01-03