Author Topic: Jerusalem Post editoria advocates writing off Gilad Shalit!  (Read 601 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Jerusalem Post editoria advocates writing off Gilad Shalit!
« on: October 20, 2008, 01:20:08 PM »
Remember what I said about Jewish blood being devalued to the point of worthlessness?  Well, it's not just the leaders who are responsible for this but also the press.  Here is an excerpt from an editorial written by the Jerusalem Post:

If domestic pressure forces the government to make dangerous concessions, there are likely to be many more Gilad Schalits.

Our hearts go out to Schalit’s parents. With their son’s life on the line, we do not presume to tell them to focus on the collective good. But the rest of us have precisely that obligation…

The biggest mistake the Free Gilad Schalit movement could make would be to continue directing its energies against the government. Our democratic society has responsibilities that go beyond the welfare of a single Israeli hostage. We cannot allow either emotional blackmail - no matter how understandable its source - or media frenzy amid a political leadership vacuum to stampede the country into a bad bargain.

[endquote]

They are right to say that pressuring the government to make concessions will cause more Gilad Shalits, but what does that have to do with pressuring the government to take steps to free Gilad Shalit?  Shalit is a Jewish soldier.  To me, his life is worth more than any Israeli leader or newsman and more than all of the arabs put together.  How is writing off Gilad Shalit going to help anyone? What "collective good" are they talking about?

Offline Kananga

• Senior JTFer
Re: Jerusalem Post editoria advocates writing off Gilad Shalit!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 01:30:23 PM »
Olmert sat back and allowed people to believe Ehud Goldwasser and Eldid Regev were still alive all the while knowing that they had been killed.  I don't see any advantage in getting the people's hopes up, unless only if the government is using them for some other agenda.  But what do I know?

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 01:33:01 PM »
They should kill 10000 muslims in Gaza every day until he is released and then kill 10000 out of sheer vengeance when Shalit is back in Israel with his family. If Shalit is killed by his muslims captors 100000 muslims in Gaza should die.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 04:10:40 PM »
They should kill 10000 muslims in Gaza every day until he is released and then kill 10000 out of sheer vengeance when Shalit is back in Israel with his family. If Shalit is killed by his muslims captors 100000 muslims in Gaza should die.

Shalom Thunderbolt,

It is true that this method would obtain results much better than the wimpy course which Israel has decided to pursue. Israel continues to be the weak hand and has to comply with all the demands of the terrorist invaders. Once the aliens are aware that Israel is serious, by taking serious action to destroy the enemy, they will leave the country on their own free will. I think the borders of Israel should be open so that all the arabs can flee in peace...

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14