Author Topic: Livni to Peres: I Can't Promise Jerusalem  (Read 747 times)

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
Livni to Peres: I Can't Promise Jerusalem
« on: October 27, 2008, 03:52:00 PM »
What a sick and evil beast.

Livni to Peres: I Can't Promise Jerusalem, Let's Hold Elections
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/128083
by Hillel Fendel and Gil Ronen

Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni, who heads the ruling Kadima party, told President Shimon Peres Sunday evening that her efforts to build a coalition government were unsuccessful, and recommended that early general elections be held.

"I was willing to make sacrifices to build a coalition government... but I was unwilling to pawn Israel's financial and political future nor the hope of a better future and different politics," she said after the meeting with Peres.

Livni recommended that general elections be held in the near future, and added that she hoped to see "the most worthy of us, who is truly concerned with the country's best interests, be elected."

Peres could decide within the next three days to appoint another MK whom he believes could form a stable government. It is considered unlikely, however, that he will opt for this path.

Livni: I wouldn't promise Jerusalem
Livni has admitted that her failure to reach a deal with Shas resulted from her refusal to a Shas demand that she promise to keep all of Jerusalem.

Livni was able to reach a coalition agreement with Labor, but the Shas Party informed her late last week that it would be unable to join her government.  Without Shas, Livni cannot form a government with a comfortable Knesset majority.

Shas says that Livni refused to meet its demands: Increased montly child allowance payments for large and medium-sized families, and a promise to keep Jerusalem united and Israeli.

Livni herself has admitted to both these points, taking credit not only for declining to increase child allowances, but for refusing to promise to keep Jerusalem Jewish.

Livni: For Israel's Sake, Jerusalem Must be Negotiated
Livni - who has been leading negotiations with the Palestinian Authority as Foreign Minister - was quoted on Voice of Israel radio as having said, "For the benefit of the State, I cannot promise not to hold negotiations over Jerusalem."

A spokesman for Opposition Leader Binyamin Netanyahu, who is expected to win the coming election, said that the fact that Livni was unable to come towards Shas on its Jerusalem demand is "proof that she has no backbone or ability to withstand the pressures of negotiations."
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Re: Livni to Peres: I Can't Promise Jerusalem
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 05:27:17 PM »
Only a vacant soul with no appreciation for Jerusalem could offer to give it away.  Jerusalem is G-d's Holy city that the Jews were given in its entirety.  Nobody has the right to give it away.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 09:22:32 PM »
Her soul is dead and she only lives for ego and self-gratification. It is horrible that she has such a position to even consider such an evil thing. There is no hope for someone like this.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 09:25:37 PM »
is it a pic of Livni in CF's avatar? why?  (obviously he doesn't like her)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 09:26:57 PM »
is it a pic of Livni in CF's avatar? why?  (obviously he doesn't like her)

q_q_,

I do believe that is a picture of Livni in his avatar... I do not know why he has it but I do know that he used to have a picture of Ohlmert as his avatar...

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14