Author Topic: Come on Home  (Read 718 times)

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
Come on Home
« on: October 27, 2008, 10:11:39 PM »
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Re: Come on Home
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 11:29:13 PM »
This is a very inspirational video, I think.  I agree that we should go home.  It disturbs me though, because I'm not in the position to do that now.  I hope I will be able to return eventually, but I can't right now.  But for anyone who is able, I say do it.  Especially young people.

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 11:38:59 PM »
i'm getting the h*ll out of here and go live on a quiet island where banks want to do business, i.e, Bahamas, Cayman Islands, etc., unless this mess straightens out.  I heard on the news last night, "NO LOANS," because the banks want to hold onto the money for at least a year.  Let's see how Obama handles this when kids can't get student loans.  Are we supposed to pay for that too?  Is every problem in America, the taxpayers' problem now?  Is that what that Lousy Biden meant when he said we all must get involved.  Is this how? 

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 12:59:49 AM »

It's amusing for you to start a thread called "come home", when you live in america yourself.

That youtube video has rabbi lazer brody  - a very spiritual beslover chassid - living in eretz yisrael (israel). Imploring jews to come home.

He is a very good outreach rabbi.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 01:06:02 AM »

It's amusing for you to start a thread called "come home", when you live in america yourself.

That youtube video has rabbi lazer brody  - a very spiritual beslover chassid - living in eretz yisrael (israel). Imploring jews to come home.

He is a very good outreach rabbi.

q_q_,

On this I agree... I love Rabbi Lazer Brody. He runs an awesome blog site called Lazer Beams @ http://lazerbrody.typepad.com/lazer_beams/ .

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 01:11:39 AM »

q_q_,

On this I agree... I love Rabbi Lazer Brody. He runs an awesome blog site called Lazer Beams @ http://lazerbrody.typepad.com/lazer_beams/ .

muman613

Muman, it's better not to mention me in your posts, we've been over this. We've seen what happens most of the time.

As a general rule, for you.

And as I said. I have no reason to mention you, just don't mention me.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 01:23:02 AM »

q_q_,

muman613

Muman, it's better not to mention me in your posts, we've been over this. We've seen what happens most of the time.

As a general rule, for you.

And as I said. I have no reason to mention you, just don't mention me.

q_q_,

Im sorry if I am agreeing with you...  :o You seem to hold a grudge. Let go of it because I don't intend on leaving this forum until I am asked to. I think we will be bumping into each other in many of these topics.

Maybe you can think about what you can say to me to express what it is which bothers you so much about me and my opinions. In general I get along with almost everyone I relate with. I have much patience and I am one who takes the mitzvah of Ahavat Yisroel seriously.

I feel like Tzvi, I believe, that Israel is our true home no matter where we are in the exile now. Even though I am stuck here at this time I have inquired about buying property in Tzfat and contacted a Rabbi who I know who lives there.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 01:32:44 AM »
q_q_,
I feel like Tzvi, I believe, that Israel is our true home no matter where we are in the exile now. Even though I am stuck here at this time I have inquired about buying property in Tzfat and contacted a Rabbi who I know who lives there.

muman613

obviously that's good.. but no need to request my comments on that.

you should know that your enquiries  there are a  positive thing.

I can't help you further.  Others may be able  to help you there, or advise you there, but certainly not me.