Author Topic: US Planning talks with Taliban!?! Talks about what!  (Read 1192 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
US Planning talks with Taliban!?! Talks about what!
« on: October 28, 2008, 06:37:28 PM »
Shalom,

Just saw this clip on FOXNews and it is perplexing. Now the government wants us to believe that there is something to be gained by talking to the Taliban in Afghanistan. Im sure I know the outcome of these talks... It is completely stupid.

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video08.html?maven_referralObject=3169865&maven_referralPlaylistId=&sRevUrl=http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,444467,00.html

I can already hear what the Taliban wants from America... Could it be Sharia?

muman613

PS: Talk to the HAND!
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
Re: US Planning talks with Taliban!?! Talks about what!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 06:51:22 PM »
hello muman,

i trust Col. Petraeus.  We don't have enough troops so it looks like we are backed into a corner and have no alternative but to talk to "lower level Talibans."

I am not an expert in these matters.  I guess we will just have to wait and see.  I was ready to blame Obama for this one :::D but I suppose he has nothing to do with it.

ETA:  Lt. Bill Cowan said both candidates don't know what they are talking about.  that's reassuring :'(

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 06:59:31 PM »
This is just insanity!

What are they going to talk about?  How can you negotiate with someone that wants you dead and that (supposedly) you want dead?  Just how cheap is the blood of the victims of 9/11?  I don't want to talk to those dancing, gun toting, faggots!  I want justice!  And I'll accept nothing less than justice!  Maybe the Bush administration is trying to prevent Obama from destroying the country by destroying it first.

Unbelievable.

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 07:22:50 PM »
Zach, you are scaring me.  I have noticed Bush is much more aggressive now that he's leaving office.  I am not a political person so I don't know what the h*ll these people are thinking.  I can't keep up with it all and all these personalities  :beast:  it's just too much, isn't it?

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 09:01:55 PM »
It's just completely illogical.  What happened to all of the righteous anger Americans felt after September 11?
Where did all of that hatred go?  Hatred has its time and place, just as love and mercy have their time and place.  The Taliban are worthy only of our hatred.  The American memory must go back two weeks!

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 10:10:27 PM »
zach,

i heard on Fox News, where else, that people have forgotten.  I don't remember who said it.  It was on the anniversary and Sarah Palin went to Ground Zero to see it.  It's unbelievable that the memorial is not even finished.  The memorial at the Pentagon is beautiful.  What a shame.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 10:15:48 PM »
I am going to vomit.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 10:40:22 PM »
this is just plain sick!

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 12:30:15 AM »
I'm guessing that you especially must be disgusted by this, Muman.  Any talking with any of those animals is an abomination before G-d.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 01:01:41 AM »
I'm guessing that you especially must be disgusted by this, Muman.  Any talking with any of those animals is an abomination before G-d.

Shalom Zachor_ve_Kavod,

You bet your bottom this kind of news sickens me to the bones. I have sworn to my mother to never let the country forget what they did to my brother and all the victims of 9/11. It is so maddening that in only 7 short years people are turning their backs and going back to their own selfish goals. The country really is not prepared for what our enemies are prepared to do to us. America would rather live fat and comfy, on the sweat and work of the middle class rather than confront that which is planning to destroy us.

I, amongst others whom I talk with, have drawn a parallel between the malaise which is eating the fabric of American society and the rise and fall of the Roman empire. Our populace is too spoiled to really understand the nature of the way the world works. We think that the rest of the world is as kind and nice as we think we are. This whole American way has become way to commercial and populist. I never understand the 'reality tv shows' today which seem to idolize the mundane and the embarrassing. But this is what was called "Bread and Circuses" in the decline of the Roman empire.

I know that we are right and they are wrong. No matter how few of us there are it doesn't change the fact that we are right. Eventually we will be vindicated and the country will either wake up or cease to be the great country it was.

There is nothing to talk about with Taliban. Unless they are willing to give up their training bases in the mountains of Afghanistan I dont think there is much to talk about. I have nothing but anger at the whole Pakistan/Afghanistan region because of its terrorist elements. When they say people are being killed there I usually believe it is justified because so many evil people live there. The innocents who die are victims of the terrorists using them as human shields.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline GodGunsAndGlory

• Full JTFer
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 01:07:42 AM »
Condi already implementing Hussein's diplomatic relations for him?

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 01:12:18 AM »
"I know that we are right and they are wrong. No matter how few of us there are it doesn't change the fact that we are right. Eventually we will be vindicated and the country will either wake up or cease to be the great country it was."

Worth repeating.  I love what you wrote Muman :usa:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 01:35:56 AM »
Wow,

A huge earthquake just struck Pakistan... I hope it was nothing I said...

muman613

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 01:41:10 AM »

Shalom Zachor_ve_Kavod,

You bet your bottom this kind of news sickens me to the bones. I have sworn to my mother to never let the country forget what they did to my brother and all the victims of 9/11. It is so maddening that in only 7 short years people are turning their backs and going back to their own selfish goals. The country really is not prepared for what our enemies are prepared to do to us. America would rather live fat and comfy, on the sweat and work of the middle class rather than confront that which is planning to destroy us.

We are forbidden to spare the life of the persuer.  We are commanded to kill him before he kills the pursued.  (Deut. 25:12)  That seems pretty clear to me.

I, amongst others whom I talk with, have drawn a parallel between the malaise which is eating the fabric of American society and the rise and fall of the Roman empire. Our populace is too spoiled to really understand the nature of the way the world works. We think that the rest of the world is as kind and nice as we think we are. This whole American way has become way to commercial and populist. I never understand the 'reality tv shows' today which seem to idolize the mundane and the embarrassing. But this is what was called "Bread and Circuses" in the decline of the Roman empire.

I know that we are right and they are wrong. No matter how few of us there are it doesn't change the fact that we are right. Eventually we will be vindicated and the country will either wake up or cease to be the great country it was.

There is nothing to talk about with Taliban. Unless they are willing to give up their training bases in the mountains of Afghanistan I dont think there is much to talk about. I have nothing but anger at the whole Pakistan/Afghanistan region because of its terrorist elements. When they say people are being killed there I usually believe it is justified because so many evil people live there. The innocents who die are victims of the terrorists using them as human shields.

muman613

There really are a number of clear parallels between America today and the fall of the Roman empire.  The masses of Rome were too complacent while the Christian hierarchy was far more concerned with internal heresy than with outside threats.  Rome had been at the top for so long, it never expected Alaric to invade in 410.  There is one key difference woth mentioning though.  The boders of the Roman empire were far to broad to maintain efficiently.  The outskits of the empire were impossible to get to in any timely way.  This allowed invaders to gain ground almost entirely unapposed.  Rome never completely fell, whereas America could.  

While in a situation, it takes a good amount of wisdom to see the big picture.  I worry that Americans will only realize what happened to them once it is too late.  What I find most upsetting is when I hear the families of victims of 9/11 preaching love and tolerance for the religion that killed their own flesh and blood.  I don't think I will ever be able to understand that.  Like Nick Berg's father, who blamed the beheading of his son on George Bush.  George Bush didn't cut his son's head off in front of the camera!  This is misdirected anger!  He should be screaming for vengeance.  I know I would be.  Fortunately, I believe that these people are in the minority.

The question I keep coming back to is "what is it going to take to wake people up in this country?".  When the leaders of the country begin entertaining notions of talking with the Taliban, or al qaeda, or Ahmadinejad, I begin to think that it will take another catastrophe, which means that the first one was for nothing.  They are just letting it go.  

We see this situation in Israel all the time now.  It's gotten so bad that the deaths of Jews in Israel barely turns any heads any more.  The government there doesn't even take notice of it anymore.  They have devalued Jewish lives to the point of worthlessness.

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2008, 01:41:39 AM »
You didn't say anything bad.  You say good things.  I hope it didn't hurt a lot of innocent people.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2008, 01:27:56 PM »
The politics seems to be changing from good and bad to ugly.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2008, 01:55:52 PM »
You didn't say anything bad.  You say good things.  I hope it didn't hurt a lot of innocent people.

unlike india, pakistan is muslim.

they hate israel and america and jews