Author Topic: The Ad McCain Wouldn't Run, But Someone Else Did  (Read 1080 times)

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
Re: The Ad McCain Wouldn't Run, But Someone Else Did
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 03:41:59 AM »
MCCAIN GAINS IN ALL THREE TRACKING POLLS

By DICK MORRIS & EILEEN MCGANN

Published on DickMorris.com on October 28, 2008

Zogby, Rasmussen and Gallup all report McCain closing to 5 points back.  Zogby had him 12 back, Rasmussen 8 and Gallup 6 in their previous polling.  McCain's use of the Joe the Plumber and the tax issue in his ads is working!

Unilaterally, John McCain agreed to disarm himself by refusing to use perhaps his most potent weapon in exposing Barack Obama:  the Democrats' relationship with Rev. Jeremiah Wright.  The McCain campaign and, at its direction, the Republican Party, have banned use of footage of Rev. Wright from their campaign commercials.  Perhaps for fear of being accused of racism, they are not bringing up the single most compromising association in Obama's past - his close liaison with Rev. Wright.

But it does not matter that Rev. Wright is black, white, or brown...or purple.  What matters is that he spews hatred of the United States and that Obama was an active participant in his church.   Or are we supposed to believe that Obama regularly attended church with Wright for two decades, chose the Reverend to baptize his children and officiate at his wedding, titled his book Audacity of Hope after a sermon of the Reverend's, but did not know of his anti-American views?  Nonsense.

Help the GOPTrust Pac Expose Obama And Rev. Wright In Key Swing States -- Watch The Ad That Will Run In Battleground States -- Go Here Now!

The only time the issue has been used was during the Democratic primary when Obama's ties to Wright were first revealed and the Reverend's horrific anti-American sermons were aired on television.  Even then, Obama tried to distance himself from Wright in the mildest of possible terms, only denouncing him more sternly after the relationship had begun to sap his standing in the polls.

Fortunately, one independent expenditure group --- NationalRepublicanTrust.com- has the courage to bring the truth about Rev. Wright to the attention of the American people.  NationalRepublicanTrust.com has prepared a hard-hitting advertisement that features some of Wright's worst rantings and explains the intimate relationship over twenty years between the preacher and the politician.  NationalRepublicanTrust.com, of course, is funded by individual donations, so their financial resources are limited.

As we enter the final week, this election is not yet over.  Zogby shows Obama's lead collapsing from 12 points on Thursday of last week to just five points over this past weekend.  Other polls have Obama's lead in the 5-7 point range, little enough ground to close in six more days.  Only surveys that have quotas for large number of Democratic participants show Obama's lead to be in double digits.

But McCain will not win with one hand tied behind his back.  So now is the time for all good Republicans to come to the aid of their party and run the ads that should be run to defeat Barack Obama.

Help the GOPTrust Pac Expose Obama And Rev. Wright in Key Swing States -- Watch The Ad That Will Run In Battleground States -- Go Here Now!

Paid for by The National Republican Trust PAC.  Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

http://www.vote.com/mmp_printerfriendly.php?id=1177

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 03:56:29 AM »
finally
aka Someone Else

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 04:00:35 AM »
yes, pretty happy right now  :dance:

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 06:36:46 AM »
If only McCain had the chutzpah to run an ad like that.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 07:22:54 AM »
This is the ad that McCain and the Republican National Committee should have been running from the start. Unfortunately, this will only be run in a few media markets with a very small buy of less than $1 million. That is a joke.

Offline whywhywhy

• Full JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 12:47:56 PM »
This is the ad that McCain and the Republican National Committee should have been running from the start. Unfortunately, this will only be run in a few media markets with a very small buy of less than $1 million. That is a joke.
Why why why?

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 04:09:10 PM »
mccain has the money to run this ad anywhere in the US or around the world. But he doesn't want to because he doesn't hate obama. Remember he thinks obama is a "good family man"

Offline Sparky

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 04:42:08 PM »
"John McCain agreed to disarm himself by refusing to use perhaps his most potent weapon in exposing Barack Obama:  the Democrats' relationship with Rev. Jeremiah Wright. "

100% correct.  He should have been running ads like this with America-hater "Rev." Wright all along. 

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 04:49:59 PM »
Chaim you are right once again. The McCain Camp is being run by weasles
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 08:13:57 PM »
If only McCain had the chutzpah to run an ad like that.

He didn't want to go down that road.  He is uncomfortable.  It works out much better this way.  Obama can't  :'(   get sympathy and then accuse McCain of being racist.  I'm sure this has been in the works for sometime because of pressure from supporters demanding that he fight back.  Dick Morris is behind this because he's been saying for a month the issue of Jer. Wright needed to be used.  If you noticed, the polling info and other info was by Dick Morris, well, this ad came along with his usual newsletter.  I think it worked out for the best.

ETA:  Everyone wanted this ad.  McCain was put under a lot of pressure.  If he had run it, David Axelrod would be screeching, "Racist!"   

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 08:23:31 PM »
I'd say that this ad is courageous, but how much courage does it take to state the obvious truth?  The fact that McCain hasn't even had the courage to point to this obvious fact is really a sign of tremendous cowardice.

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 08:33:03 PM »
I have tormented McCain.  I have called him a wimp.  I write 9-10 emails every night.  I am complimentary and supportive also.  There are other like minded thinkers.  I am not the only one who pressures him.  I have gotten so frustrated with him, I've said worse things. 

He cannot get in Obama's face.  This is not his nature.  He doesn't want to be viewed as a rascist! 

Offline Roadwarrior

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 08:37:01 PM »

This is too little and too late and in only a few states.

I will bet the Obama camp never expected the Mccain campaign
would be so easy to intimidate and lay down like dogs.

First, The Obama camp successfully but unfairly
played the race card against the Clintons.

Then they pre-emptively intimidated Mccain from opening
his mouth about any of Obama's vulnerabilities.

Their strategy of pre-emptive intimidation worked much
better than they could have ever imagined.

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2008, 08:50:26 PM »
David Axelrod has achieved the unimaginable.  He got a shvatza elected governor of my hometown Boston.  Recently, there was a scandal w/a black woman senator charged w/bribery, again, in Boston.  The Italians stay in their area, the North End, the Irish, in Charlestown, the blacks, in Roxbury, etc.  That's the way it was when I grew up there.  It is different now.  I never thought I'd live to see the day that blacks are now living in Charlestown.  South Boston was extremely violent during the whole busing incident. 

I'm happy this ad is out now.  Instead of saying what a wimp McCain is, [I've said to him via his website, "are you asleep?" and "can't you give him some coffee," and "can't you put some make up on him," again, not everything i've said is rotten, i've suggested Fox & Friends, Hannity, etc. who his friends are, finally he listened after getting hammered on the shrew horror show The View, and I send him links, like Cyberella's, which he jumped on immediately :)]

my point is, this ad is out now, let's support our candidates ;)

If we can get the large Jewish community in Los Angeles involved, to stand outside that bldg. where the rag L.A. Times is, in this short time period, we will have achieved a lot. 8)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 04:53:15 AM by jaime »