Author Topic: This story is so funny  (Read 464 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
This story is so funny
« on: October 30, 2008, 12:26:43 PM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/Flash.aspx/154979   

i just can'nt picture this

Ashkenazi 'Brother'

(IsraelNN.com) A soldier was sentenced to 35 days' incarceration in military jail for addressing the Chief of Staff as "my brother and hero" in a message he sent to him through the IDF's internal e-mail system.

The letter concerned an idea the soldier had, regarding the purchasing of umbrellas for soldiers. The request ends with the exclamation "my brother and hero!" which was deemed disrespectful by the military authorities.

The message was transferred to the soldier's divisional commander, who sentenced him to jail time.  :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
Re: This story is so funny
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 12:46:43 PM »
Oh sheesh.......

:laugh:
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 12:50:02 PM »
Shalom,

I dont know why this happened but all I can think of is the Torah prohibition on Flattery... I doubt it but maybe?

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 02:45:27 PM »
Thats absolutely NUTS!
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2