Author Topic: Philistine marranos want to return to Judaism  (Read 1141 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Philistine marranos want to return to Judaism
« on: November 03, 2008, 07:46:34 AM »
The only thing that i know is that the vast majority of Hebrons 'Arabs' were Jews from Yemen  who bercame moslems in yemen perhaps 12 hundred 1200 yrs ago and a few hundred yrs afterwards moved to Hebron.          

Last update - 10:52 29/10/2008     

4 Palestinians claim descent from Jews forced to convert 

By Nadav Shragai 

Tags: palestinians jews   

Four Palestinians from the Hebron Hills contacted a group of rabbis on Tuesday and claimed to be the descendents of Jews who were forced to convert to Islam.

The Palestinians were accompanied by Zvi Mesini, a researcher who wrote a book on the subject and assisted them in learning more about Judaism. According to the Palestinians, their families had removed mezuzahs from their doors in order to avoid harassment by their neighbors.

One of the Palestinians said he kept a tefillin he received from his father's uncle and another told the rabbis that his family had once secretly lit candles on the Sabbath and for Hanukkah, the Jewish festival of lights.
 Advertisement

Mesini told the rabbis, members of a group called the New Sanhedrin, that he believes hundreds of thousands of Palestinians are descended from Jews.

"Such evidence renders the conflict redundant," Mesini said. "It proves that Judea and Samaria belongs to both the recognized Jews and the unrecognized Jews."

Mesini accused authorities of being indifferent to his findings.

The New Sanhedrin is known as a right-wing organization that claims to be the rightful successors of the supreme Jewish court of antiquity. Its goal is to create a state based upon Jewish law that will replace the current State of Israel. 

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1032272.html
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Philistine marranos want to return to Judaism
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 01:01:24 PM »
I think there would be genetic tests for Cohanim among them if this were true.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 01:09:12 PM »
One can claim to have been a decendent and be truthful or lying.  However, if one wants to be a Jew and be a part of Israel, he/she must convert according to the laws as presented in the Talmud.  If these "Palestinians" want to be part of the people of Israel as Jews, whether or not they were part of our people 1200 years ago, should go through a conversion process.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 01:34:14 PM »
One of the greatest miracles occurred in our lifetime , just a few years ago infact.

Bare in mind that there is a prophecy that the lost tribes will be discovered and return.

Some characters were discovered in afghanistan.. following some jewish traditions, and their names were like. Reuveni, Shimoni.  They are muslims , and many are anti-semitic. But possibility of jewish origin is very strong. They keep some jewish traditions..  They are called the pathan.
I encountered one once, a big anti-semite..

Apparently the british thought they looked jewish, and they referred to them as jews.  They faught very strongly against the russians to get russia out of afghanistan.

This is incredible..
Infact, I used to ask myself as a kid how with the communication we have - telephones, we haven't found the lost tribes yet.   then we had the internet, and I just couldn't see how they hadn't been found..

Then after 9/11 articles started coming out about these groups that were just too good a match to be true.  Arabs with tribal names like Reuveni, Shimoni e.,t.c.!! unbelievable.
It makes sense.. Arabs are very tribal, and so these tribes got preserved there.

This is a completely different case of course.

And indeed, they should go through a conversion just incase..

There was a great story I heard about the pathan.. 
They had this inscription in hebrew or aramaic and had never been able to read it, but they kept it.
A rabbi came over , from america I think, and read it to them.. there were alot of tears.  But don't let that fool you itno thinking the pathan are good people!  jews of islammic background.. expect some to be the biggest anti-semites you could get!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 02:57:08 PM »
One of the greatest miracles occurred in our lifetime , just a few years ago infact.

Bare in mind that there is a prophecy that the lost tribes will be discovered and return.

Some characters were discovered in afghanistan.. following some jewish traditions, and their names were like. Reuveni, Shimoni.  They are muslims , and many are anti-semitic. But possibility of jewish origin is very strong. They keep some jewish traditions..  They are called the pathan.
I encountered one once, a big anti-semite..

Apparently the british thought they looked jewish, and they referred to them as jews.  They faught very strongly against the russians to get russia out of afghanistan.

This is incredible..
Infact, I used to ask myself as a kid how with the communication we have - telephones, we haven't found the lost tribes yet.   then we had the internet, and I just couldn't see how they hadn't been found..

Then after 9/11 articles started coming out about these groups that were just too good a match to be true.  Arabs with tribal names like Reuveni, Shimoni e.,t.c.!! unbelievable.
It makes sense.. Arabs are very tribal, and so these tribes got preserved there.

This is a completely different case of course.

And indeed, they should go through a conversion just incase..

There was a great story I heard about the pathan.. 
They had this inscription in hebrew or aramaic and had never been able to read it, but they kept it.
A rabbi came over , from america I think, and read it to them.. there were alot of tears.  But don't let that fool you itno thinking the pathan are good people!  jews of islammic background.. expect some to be the biggest anti-semites you could get!

q_q_,

I believe proper english is "Bear in mind..." not "Bare in mind...". I thought you might like to know that.

muman613

http://thatsanidea.org/blog/stupid-question-1-is-it-bare-in-mind-or-bear-in-mind-120.html
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bear in mind
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 03:19:48 PM »
q_q_,

I believe proper english is "Bear in mind..." not "Bare in mind...". I thought you might like to know that.

muman613

http://thatsanidea.org/blog/stupid-question-1-is-it-bare-in-mind-or-bear-in-mind-120.html
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bear in mind

All that was necessary was to quote my mistake (three words of one line) and reply "Bear in mind".  (Somebody that repeats the same mistake two or three times even after being corrected, deserves more of a lecture)

I'm obviously aware of these things, but accidents happen. And if I wasn't aware of it I could google it after you pointed it out.

Nevertheless, it's good that you spotted that mistake and corrected it.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 03:22:26 PM »
Yes one educated Pashtun heard about this he had his DNA checked and discovered it was Jewish.He now lives in in India and England and hopes to soon promote the return of the Pashtun to Judaism.He said if you call them Israelites they will agree but not Jews
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03