Author Topic: Noam Federman, SHLITA'  (Read 1854 times)

Offline Ronen Levi Yitzchak Segal

• Junior JTFer
Noam Federman, SHLITA'
« on: October 31, 2008, 12:11:40 AM »
To Hashem is the Heaven and Earth - I started on my journey of becoming frum about 10 years ago almost right away started wondering, in a religious way about moshiach and the days of moshiach.  As you might imagine, I spent a lot of time by Lubavitch.  It's been ten years now and I'm 31 years old with a BA in Political Science and a degree in Judaic Studies both from SUNY Albany.  My "real" learning is about average, I would bet, for a B.T. Lubav, a Breslov wannabe, and a Satmer fan.  Meaning, I know Chassidus and love dovening, but I could be much more bucky in halacha and gemmara.  However, my moshiach knowledge (Jewish) is a little above average, I would bet, because of my time in Lubavitch where this is the main focus, and my interest in the subject in a secular way before I started becoming frum.  Anyway, at this point in my life, it seems to be based on faith and intellect that Noam Federman is the main disciple of Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT''L, may Hashem speedily avenge his blood.  It is my opinion that he was the Moshiach ben Josef predicated to appear on the scene prior to Moshiach ben Dovid and fight the wars of Hashem, but die in the process.  I think the actual midrash says he will die in Israel itself, but still, this is my feeling on the matter based on what his message to the world was and that he was assasinated for his beliefs and that his family was also assasinated.  It is further my belief that, as the Zohar states, in every generation there is a person who is potentially moshiach (ben Dovid), and if the generation would merit, he would reveal himself and redeem the Jewish people.  The Zohar also states that in every generation there is an extension of Moshe Rabbanu, A''H the first commanding general of Tzivos Hashem, Hashem's army.  I am convinced that in our generation, this is Noam Federman, SHLITA.  I have always wanted to be a chosid of Moshiach himself and now that I have this conviction, I have decided that from this day forward, I am requeting that Hashem give all the merits I am entitled for for my torah and mitzvohs to Noam Federman and allow me to suffer for all my shortcomings.  I asked my rabbi, Shlomo Yitzchak Krupka, shlita, if he would permit me, in light of the situation particularly in regards with Noam Federman and his most recent arrest, to take on the upcoming B'H'B fasts (starting this Monday).  He permitted me and I plan on doing it.  I am an author as well and plan on, with Noam's permission, writting a book using the Rambam's hilchos melachim to prove that he is a qualified candidate for be'heskats' HaMashiach.  Any and all feedback would be welcome - if someone knows for a fact that Noam would not feel comfortable with such a publication, please let me know ASAP.  My intention in writing it is from avahas Israel for our confused brothers in the government who I feel are literally fighting a war against Moshiach himself and will have to pay for all their actions.  I want them to know my opinion so when they C''V pass away, they can't claim to Hashem they didn't know they were picking on Moshiach himself.  May G-d Almighty bless each and everyone of us, in this shanas HaKel to be gathered back to Eretz Israel together with Moshiach at our helm.  Chodesh tov and Kol Tuv.  Moshiach now.  Ronen Levi Yitzchak Segal [email protected]

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Noam Federman, SHLITA'
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 01:04:40 AM »
Shalom,

What you have written is very, very interesting. I don't know if I agree with everything you write but you seem to have a good idea. What I am interested in is your position regarding Rabbi Kahane and the movement which he represents. I may not be as knowledgable as you on some topics as I am a BT who returned only six years ago. I have been studying Torah and doing Mitzvot and davening for the peace of Jerusalem. I even have made plans to make aliyah.

I would be interested to hear more on your thesis regarding Moshiach.

Welcome to JTF...

muman613

PS: Im a fellow Wanna-Be-Breslover too... You gotta see my peyos :)
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 08:16:01 AM »
To Hashem is the Heavens and Earth - thanks for the warm welcome!  First of all, I have dying to grow peyos since I became frum, but in Crown Heights, the one main barber always tells me there's  letter from the Rebbe about not growing your peyos because you don't want to confuse "sechiel" which according to kabbalah or something is increased through peyos with Rachamim, which according to the holy Ba'al Shem Tov is ellicated through the hairs of the beard.  For this reason, he always cuts mine off.  However, my point to him is that in the only picture we have of the Alter Rebbe, it is clear he has peyot (like Breslover's/Satmer's today), and he is, in my own oinon, the smartest of the admurim of Lubavitch merting to draw down for us the wisdom of the Tanya and Likuta Torah/Torah Or.

Anyway, after I typed this it occured to me that perhaps Baruch Goldshtein was the moshiach ben Josef because he was actaully killed in Eretz Israel, may Hashem avenge his blood.  He was actually born on Hey Teives, which is a day Chabad Chassidim celebrate as a victorious day for a different reason and willingly gave up his life for his Rebbe's words (Meir Kahane).

My main thesis is this - the time for Moshiach is each and everyday.  Meaning Moshiach himself is not lacking any merits.  The generation needs to merit his revelation and success.  However, in this day and age of freedom of expression and the free transmittion of information across borders, I think it is a responsibility of the Jewish people, including and particularly the rabbis to try and find the most qualified candidate so we all support him as a "frum" nation.  We only comprise about 7-10 percent of the "beni bechuri," but still - I think Hashem does take note of how we act towards each other and towards out bretheren (and towards the goyim, as we are charged to be a light unto nations).

So, it seems to me if we could unify aroud this idea, we would make headway into furthering his cause which is ultimately the building of the beis hamigdash.  I email Rabbi Adin Steinshaltz my ideas because he is the self proclaimed "leader of the generation," or, "nasi," but as of yet I have not heard back any encouraging (or discouraging) words from him.

Still, I persist because I feel for sure the time is now.  The world is literally trembeling with war and confusion.  There are genocides, slavery, prostitution rings - I can't imagine we're not at the 49th gate of tumah.  And it says that when we "forget" about Moshiach (meaning when it seems the nations of the world and even the Jews (about 90% of which are "tinok she'nishba" and lack the education to be frum)), Moshiach will appear.  I'm all for letting the goiyim and the other Jews "forget," while trying to unify the frum Yidden around this cause.

Thanks again for the warm welcome and may G-d Almighty bless you with everything you need, spiritually and physically.  Good Shabbos.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 10:23:41 AM »
There is a difference between potential moshiach ben yosef, and the actual moshiach ben yosef.

I think there's no question that Rabbi Meir Kahane was the only candidate for Moshiach in his time. He was the only one fighting the wars of G-d. He had great plans to turn the jewish people to G-d, had he gained power, become PM, and he would have succeeded in turning the jewish people around and fighting the wars of G-d.

We didn't merit that.

And, as he predicted. After 40 years(he counted them after the declaration of the state), the warnings stopped. Catastrophe occurred.  He said 40 years is a period, could be 40, could be 42.   Israel was declared in 1948, he was murdered in 1990. 42 years.  He did say he's not a prophet, and it was just a theory. But it seems he was right.

I haven't listened to his last speech. I'm not even sure that it's available. It would be too painful, but apparently his speech eerily eulogized himself.
Infact, according to (his lawyer?) barry slotnick, he knew he was going to be killed..

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 11:41:55 AM »
To Hashem is the Heaven and Earth - I am not shy at all about calling a tzadik like Rabbi Kahane, Hashem should avenge his blood, a prophet of G-d.  The Lubavitcher Rebbe said his father in law was a prophet(sicha of parsha shoftim 5751). 

In these days, when the world is crying out for Moshiach, prophecy will fill the world once again as eventually we will all be learning directly from Hashem himself.  And this is what prophecy is, in effect.  A voice otside of your own intellect giving you insight into divine wisdom.  This will one day be a condition we are all born with, as it says, "Your eyes will no loner be concealed from their teacher (meaning Hashem - although He is not physical at all nor does he have any physical manifestation, the meaning is that we will be given a vision, as it were, of his wisdom through our own level of prophecy).

Surely, such a tzadik was a prophet and it's these types of miracles (prophecy returning to the benae Israel) that we are now seeing that are necessary for us to overcome all the sonae Israel.

The only reason I said in the end that Dr. Baruch Goldshtein was hopefully the ben Josef is because he died in Eretz Israel which I believe accoridng to midrash is what happens to that character.  The scary reality is until the Temple stands, anyone person who falls fighting "Hashem's wars" can be considered a "ben Yosef," which I believe is your point.

I am scared every single day to check the news and see that Noam Federman Shlita is alive and well.  But when the Jews start harrasing someone on this level, in my opinion, something is up.

As a funny/true point, his father's name is actually Dovid and he was a tzadik in his right, as well.  So that makes him "ben Dovid," either way  :dance:

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 12:15:53 PM »
ok... well, i'll have to mention this since I think it is unavoidable..

I have very good reason to bring this up.

we have some very sick children,  2 of them..   DWI and CF. are sick in a way relevant to the discussion you mention. Both are very anti satmar, cursing them constantly.     DWI is jewish.
DWI is very defensive of lubavitch(very nice), but  if anybody even says that the lubavitcher rebbe is not the messiah, or any logical disagreement, it can trigger him off.

So we can't really have a sensible discussion on the forum on these issues.
It's  a shame.

You will find,that most jews would not consider the lubavitcher rebbe or his father in-law to be a prophet.   I am not that keen on getting into the discussion of why, because it could be interrupted by DWI, and not everybody would ignore him, and you're new so not used to him , so it's just not possible for me, i'm too busy at the moment to deal with him again right now.. Though i've done it in the past, and there are old posts over it.

Why did I bring this up?
With good reason.

I had a few choices here. Either I start a sensible discussion and have it abused and have to work around that.  I don't know that I have the time to work around such a person at the moment.
Or I stand by and watch others make great effort to have a sensible discussion and see it destroyed.  I don't want that.
Or I just warn people about the problem, so they can choose whether to spend their valuable time at such risk.  I chose the final option.

There is no doubt that others may well argue against what you have said.
And tell you why he is not a prophet.  It is a very important topic. At least now they are aware of the risk.

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 01:46:26 PM »
To Hashem is the Heavens and the Earth - thank so, I guess, for your warning.  Personally, I try and honor literally every Torah-dik opinion I come across according to the rationale of the holy Ari'Z''L who says that while it was a known concept that there are "70 faces to the Torah" (see the opening of Tanya - the "haga, or note) he believes there are in fact 600,000 "faces to the Torah,".

And by this he is pointing out that every single Jewish soul (and there are 600,000 general souls) has it's own little take, as it were, on the Torah.  One of the most beautiful things about our generation, in my opinion, is that since our 600,000 general souls are now subdivided into about 13,800,000 (kein irbu in a way of miracles!) we have so many different takes on the Torah, each person with their own little spin of any concept within Torah that they chose to focus on.

Having said that, rest assure I know Lubavitchers very well and am very sensitive to their ideas and beliefs having studied the same "Dvar Malchus," as they do.  However, I do speak my mind and feel it is a mitzvah to do so when it comes to Torah subjects.  The Alter Rebbe notes that a person can have several gilgulim all for the sake of revealing a "chidish" in the Torah.  The Rebbe himself encouraged every single Jew to publish a book with Torah thoughts with a disclaimer at the beginning that you are not a rabbi.

Would it surprise me if the Rebbe's holy physical body reappeared suddenly and directed the rest of the "days of Moshiach"?  Not at all.  However, based on my human intellect, this is what I believe and I am looking to unify Jews around this cause.

The saddest part of the moshiach campeign in my opinion is that we must be sure Moshiach is from Beis Dovid and with all of our lineages' so confused and hard to track because of the long galus, it's really difficult.  I think this is something we simply need to take on faith and act accordingly.

Trust me, though, I know what I am doing to my name in Lubavitch.  However, I rest assure that the Rebbe himself would want us not to sleep or celebrate until the Temple stands proudly in its place illuminating the entire world with its splendor and magnificance.  The Rebbe notes that the windows of the Beis Hamigdash will be slanted outwardly because the light of that edifice is to affect the world, not the building itself.

In regards to Satmer, my other belief based on faith and intellect is that Rabbi Moshe Doueck Shlita, rabbi of the Elbaron Torah Center (a Satmer chosid) in New Jersey is a gilgul of Moshe Rabanu A''H.  He is a kohen and the Alter Rebbe states in Tanya that his soul (Moshe rabanu's, A''H) will be reincarnated as a kohen to merit the reward of serving in the kodesh kadashim when the Temple stands, which I hope is soon.

Interestingly, a kohen can only serve from ages 30-50 (although at 25 he can apprentice) and Rabbi Moseh Doueck just turned 30 or 31 or something.  I hope every year from now we will merit to have him enter on our behalf the holy of holies and perform the work of the Kohen Gadol in Jerusalem.

Based on this thought, it would follow that he too, is the leader of the generation.  The Rebbe says in a sicha around Shavous time (I believe mem ches) that eventually the kingship of Moshe Rabanu and Moshiach will come back into the world. I belief physically he is referring to Noam Shlita and Rabbi Moshe Doueck Shlita.

May G-d Almighty bless us to eat the fruits of our labors while still in this world in an atmosphere of world peace and abundence.

Good Shabbos!

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 07:39:03 AM »
Even if they are from King David. If they don't bring world peace, they're not moshiach. So we could still presume the wrong person.
But ultimately, we will know when we have the right person.

So why worry so much about unknown lineages?

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 07:37:01 PM »
To Hashem is the Earth and everything it contains,

It's a little tricky to understand from the language of the Rambam (hilchos melachim chapters 11 and 12) if the beis maigdash is first or world peace is first.  The Third Temple will never be destroyed.  However, it could very well be that it will be built and as a result of the start of the its construction, world peace will follow.

To be declared moshiach v'dai, you need to put the beis hamigdash on it's stop.  So if he starts doing that, and is successful, I would imagine world peace would follow shortly thereafter.  Not to get to esoteric on such a serious site, but the Temple will be such a divine gift filled with miracles that people will not even think about war anymore.  Instead, they will rush to hear the Jews elucidating Torah, particularly the hidden aspects of Torah, as the Rambam concludes the knowledge of G-d will fill the earth like water covers the sea bed (quoting I believe navi).

Either way, in this day in age, once construction of the Temple is underway, I think humanity will refocus its direction towards just trying to understand G-d on a deeper and deeper level.

And the Temple will be the ultimate sign that Hashem has forgiven us for all the senseless wars we fought this entire time in galus and all the senseless hatred we had towards our brothers.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 08:04:29 PM »
so as I said, why worry so much about unknown lineages?

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 09:20:40 AM »
Well, my whole push is for the rabanim to come along.  I want to see the entirety of the Jewish Orthodox world unifed on this front.  And accoring to halacha, we need to know that he is truly from beis David.

Can you imagine the power of every single Jewsih orthodox person praying for the same person to succeed?  I know we're only about 7-10 percent of the Jewish population (which is anywhere from 966,000 to 1,380,000 people kein yirbu according to wiki's "estimated cencus") but this unity, in my opinion, would cause an amazing affect on high.

Also, I think our "tniok sh'nishba" bretheren, or the ones who are not yet frum, would be greatly influenced from such unity.  I hear all the time them complain about our lack of unity.  It's not just that we have different minhagim, it's that sometimes one talmud chacham comes out against another.

And I see their point, with all do respect, as I myself was not born to da'tim.  Why would I be interested in a group of people who don't get along with each other?  What is attractive about that?

Tes Zi'in Mar Chesvan is the Shach's 7th yeartizite.  He was an amazing tzadik who was literally a genius.  However, what do they say in Lubavitch about him?  Not such nice things.

I have no interest getting in the way of tzadkim and their disagreements.  These are people who simply live life on a different level than me altogether.
However, I still don't understand how they didn't simply pick up a phone and talk about what they were "disagreeing" about.  I would say the same thing about the Rebbe and the Satmer Rebbe ZT''L.

Why leave this world with a machlokes when we all have one Torah and one G-d?

Anyway, the point is, in order for people lik Rav Schachter Shlita and Rabbi Lau Shlita, and Rabbi Yona Metzger Shlita to all back a candidate as b'heskas hamoshiach, they would have to know for sure he was from beis David.

My point to them would be (although I would probably never speak in their presence) why not take it on faith based on the life he's living and what he's trying to do that he is in fact, "fighting the wars of G-d," as the Rambam says?

It's only through a super rational concept called faith, that we can even hope of being gathered back to live in Israel peacefully, free to learn G-d Almighty's wisdom all day.

Either way, hopefully my fast is being heard today...Hashem is so nice!  He made the B'H'B fasts start right at the same time as we moved the clocks.  It's so short :)

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 10:24:07 AM »
Well, my whole push is for the rabanim to come along.  I want to see the entirety of the Jewish Orthodox world unifed on this front.  And accoring to halacha, we need to know that he is truly from beis David.<snip>

Interesting theory. I see the text that seems to say that. Hilchot melachim 11:4  (I included it below)

But if it is the case, that we are unsure of his lineage, and he does those things.  And we don't presume, we just wait for world peacel ike the Charedim.

Then he'd have to be a kind of superman fighting war on his own. Or, he'd just die..  and not be moshiach.  Or, the few jews that join him would die.

If you want to say that nowadays lineage is so broken that we can't know. Then know that the RAMBAM didn't have moshiach as superman in mind. He had a bar kochba in mind, and bar kochba could have been moshiach.

Fortunately though, I don't think the situation regarding lineage is as dire as you think..

There are some people who are even descendents of King David on both sides!    Just like we have Kohanim and Leviim..

Sure, people could be wrong, but then people could have been wrong in the RAMBAM's time. And the RAMBAM did not have in mind waiting for world peace and ignoring moshiach till then, and never presuming anybody to be moshiach.

ref
Hilchot melachim 11:4 (chapter 11 halacha 4)
http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/101744/jewish/Laws-Concerning-Kings.htm
4. If a king arises from the House of David23 who meditates on the Torah and occupies himself with the commandments like his ancestor David, in accordance with the written and oral Torah,24 and he will prevail upon all of Israel to walk in [the ways of the Torah] and strengthen its breaches,25 and he will fight the battles of G-d26 it may be assumed that he is Mashiach.27

If he did [these things] successfully (and defeated all the nations around him28), built the Sanctuary on its site29 and gathered the dispersed of Israel he is definitely Mashiach!30 He will [then] correct the entire world to serve G-d in unity, as it is said, “For then I will turn to the peoples a pure tongue that all shall call upon the Name of G-d and serve Him with one consent

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 10:58:49 AM »
To Hashem is the Earth and it's fullness,

From your keyboard to G-d's ears.  I hope you're right.  I used to be a big history buff.  My two majors in college dealt with moshiach (political science and Judaic studies).

For me, unless the rabbis of the time come along, Moshiach will have a very hard time succeeding.

When the Ramban left his native land and moved to Acco, he debated not being moshiach.  His main point to them was if you look at the Bar Kochba rebellion, you'll note that Rabbi Akiva and the chochmim did think he was moshiach and supported the revolt.

Of course, Bar Kochba turns his back on the Jews half way through (according to one interpretation) and the revolt is squashed and the chochimim are killed publicly (which in my estimation was the greatest chilul Hashem - 10 tzadkim killed in public :( .

Either way, you are right.  He (Bar Kochba) was moshiach.  And he was fighting the wars of G-d.  For whatever reason (I forget the other explanation of what happened to the revolt) he was not successful.

I think our points are the same.  But as a student of history, it's hard for me to ignore that if the rabbis don't come along for the ride, Moshiach is pretty much on his own.  The gemmara notes, "Who are our kings?  The rabbis..."

They have an amazing power to overturn harsh decrees.

But for me, all the signs are there.  Look at King David's life and look at Noam's life.  They re both struggling with the Jews themselves, as well as with the non-Jews.

Nothing would be sadder in my own personal little life than reading about the death, CHAS VSHALOM, of Noam CHAS VSHALOM CHAS VSHALOM CHAS VSHALOM before he builds the Temple.

I just don't know what it would take for the all the rabbis to join in.  I am writing this book, but these types of things are not too well received in the Jewish world.  But at least it might get the word out to the non-Jews.

It's about time they feared a Jewish leader.  We haven't merited anyone really worth fearing for a while.  When Sharon was just in the army (Lebanon '82), he was pretty vicious.  But then of course he ignored the Rebbe's advice and went into politics...

Does anyone know Noam?  I know his father was Dovid Federman and his mother is Rina.  But does anyone know if he's traced his lineage back further than that (from his father's side)?  Also, how is his relation with his brother Eli?  I know it's personal business and in my opinion it is the family of the king, but there's an old article from 2002 which states they haven't spoken in many years.

It may be a small thing, but I think if they spoke and reconciled and Noam had Eli's support, that would help a lot.  Hashem loves seeing brothers get along...