Author Topic: Did Palin help or hurt McCain?  (Read 695 times)

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
Did Palin help or hurt McCain?
« on: November 05, 2008, 03:18:03 PM »
So many are blaming her for McCain not winning.  I honestly believe that she was the lone highlight. 

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Did Palin help or hurt McCain?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 03:24:10 PM »
Statistically she was... the 2 weeks after her announcement was the ONLY time when he was leading in all the polls...

HOWEVER!!!! it didnt matter.  I keep saying this.   The ultra-left dictated this election from the beginning.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 03:27:50 PM »

She helped! I loathed McCain and had to hold my nose and vote for him until Sarah showed up, she made it easy to vote for him.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Zevida

• Full JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 03:36:01 PM »
I like Sarah.  But I think people are far too critical of a female candidate for president.  There are probably a lot of men out there who don't think she's hot enough and some women out there are jealous because she's skinny and pretty.  So any woman will have a harder time being elected for president.  At least in my opinion.  I will definitely vote for her if she runs in 2012.  That is if we are still allowed to vote after Obama gets done ruining the country.
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. (Ps 137)

Offline Sparky

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 03:38:33 PM »
As much as I like her, she may have hurt him.  BUT, it's moot because he would have lost no matter who he picked.

Offline Gruzinit

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 10:35:01 PM »
As much as I like her, she may have hurt him.  BUT, it's moot because he would have lost no matter who he picked.

I agree with you Sparky, Palin had her pluses and minuses, but when it comes down to it, McCain stumbled all throughout his campaign.

Palin had her minuses, I think her interviews with Couric and that fact she couldn't name any newspapers or Supreme Court cases,and her claims that "the bailout" was about healthcare reform or "job creation"played right into Democrats hands that she was nothing but a country bumpkin.

She may have not been perfect, but at least she seemed to know FDR didn't go on T.V. in 1929, that moron is now Vice President!
The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money. – Alexis de Tocqueville

Communism is like prohibition, it's a good idea but it won't work. - Will Rogers

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 10:39:28 PM »
As much as I liked Palin, McCain would have been better off picking Romney or having a stroke.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 12:17:14 AM »
I don't think so the media picked this 2 years ago, and Palin was the main reason I voted for McCain.  It wouldn't of mattered the media had their choice
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 12:33:00 AM »
She helped him TREMENDOUSLY.  As soon as she was named as VP and was introduced, a HUGE AMOUNT of money poured in to the McCain campaign.
Follow the money.
Also, axelrod was so scared of her that he and soros had their minions (the media) VICIOUSLY slander her. >:(
aka Someone Else