Author Topic: Will Israel turn towards Russia?  (Read 515 times)

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
Will Israel turn towards Russia?
« on: November 10, 2008, 04:17:23 PM »
Here is a prediction on the Russian-Israeli forum (this is a very patriotic forum, very much like the JTF). With Obama making a play for Iran and Syria, Russia will lose its trump card. Anyway, Russians don't like Arabs. Russia is mostly a white country and doesn't have such a large third-world fifth column who wants to kiss the arab tooches. With America preempting Russia as Iran's best friend, Russia will make a play for Israel 1) to irritate America; 2) to secure a position in the Middle East; 3) to cooperate in the fields of high technology.

What do you all think about this scenario?

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Will Israel turn towards Russia?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 04:20:40 PM »
I dont think so.

Russia has already made its decision on the matter.  It has supplied Iran with everything it needs for its nukes.  And it has done everything it can to stall talks for any meaningful sanctions on Iran.

I think Russia will show its ugly head next year.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 04:29:46 PM »
I dont think so.

Russia has already made its decision on the matter.  It has supplied Iran with everything it needs for its nukes.  And it has done everything it can to stall talks for any meaningful sanctions on Iran.

These developments will be very interesting to watch. If Obama governement is strongly anti-Israel, israel might feel cornered and make a play for Russia in its turn. Don't forget that a quarter of the Israeli population speaks Russian and has good feelings about Russia (in the Eurovision Song Contest, Israelis always put Russia in the first place). Let's not forget also that The Soviet Union already has a history of being Israel's ally. Stalin was the first who recognized Israel officially. So let's wantch and see if these predictions will come to pass.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 04:36:48 PM »
I dont think so.

These developments will be very interesting to watch. If Obama governement is strongly anti-Israel, israel might feel cornered and make a play for Russia in its turn. Don't forget that a quarter of the Israeli population speaks Russian and has good feelings about Russia (in the Eurovision Song Contest, Israelis always put Russia in the first place). Let's not forget also that The Soviet Union already has a history of being Israel's ally. Stalin was the first who recognized Israel officially. So let's wantch and see if these predictions will come to pass.

Theres no question Israel feels cornered... but were talking about Putin here... not the greater Russia... which includes dozens of different nationalities.

Putin wants war.  That is for sure.  His empire is starting down a road of horrible economic crisis... as oil tumbles and the Russian bubble bursts...  He will not waste any time attacking Georgia and possibly the Ukraine right after Obama gets in power.  Mark my words... he will continue to side with Iran and other anti-west, anti-USA powers.

Brian

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 04:52:16 PM »
The Russians will sell to anyone, they don't really care.