Author Topic: Other life forms...  (Read 3660 times)

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
Other life forms...
« on: February 25, 2007, 07:47:11 PM »
In last weeks broadcast, feb 11, Chaim mentioned that he doesn't believe in any other life forms on other planets or universes. I was wondering what you think?
If we don't know then how can we doubt? There could be another earth in another galaxy......who knows?

In judaism, what is the idea of satans form? Are there such things as jinns?

Offline Fruit of thy loins

• Master JTFer
Re: Other life forms...
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 08:04:58 PM »
Carl Justav Jung, who was a Nazi sympathizer and a madman, nevertheless wrote a couple of worthwhile psychological items, once of which was his book on UFOs.  He predicted that in a post-Christian West, which had shed its Jesusolatry but not its flakiness, would come to lavish a great deal of attention on perceived abductions, UFO sightings etc.  Just as in former ages people thought that angels came to them and told them they were pregnant of the Holy Ghost, or that they saw Jesus sitting on the end of the rainbow in the sky, which things were all the results of madness and of misinterpreted dreams, so today do people believe in UFOs ... I find all believers in UFOs to be intolerable, they produce not one shred of evidence but beg you to believe their nonsense, and then hate you if you display an independent mind, just like Christians do ... nevertheless there are Angels and demons, but these are never visible to us, however their effects are.
Every white woman deserves the black man of her dreams.  But what does every white man deserve?

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 08:08:46 PM »
According to a tradition, the whole universe but Earth lies in an undeveloped state because one day all righteous people will be begotten as Sons and Daughters of G-d and each will be appointed viceroy over their own planet, to form in his or her own likeness, as a result for suffering the indignities of this life and being loyal to The Almighty.
Every white woman deserves the black man of her dreams.  But what does every white man deserve?

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 08:14:15 PM »
Chaim doesn't believe in demons. He talked about that on Ask JTF in the past.

I remember it well.  He also expressed doubts about reincarnation.  But some will say that reincarnation is absolutely a reality.  All I can say is that I hope it is an individual-specific phenomenon and not that every soul gets continually reincarnated.  I can understand some souls coming back to fulfil a certain purpose if that is in the Masterplan. 

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 10:22:24 PM »
Sarah asks, "...Are there such things as jinns?..."

Yes!

Levi's, GAP, as well as many designer brands.

Allen-T

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 11:20:45 PM »
I believe that it is possible that there are other life forms in the universe. I am a christian. I did hear one teacher who I have great respect for once speak about a verse in Revelation that he thought strongly implied that there could be. That said, I, and some other christians believe that alot of what is perceived as UFO/alien phenomenon today is in fact demonic activity. There is a verse in the NT that says that the devil himself can transform into an angel of light for the purpose of deception. Maybe you have heard of the christian concept called the rapture. This is an event some of us believe in that is mentioned in the Bible where at the very end of the age[some say 7 years before, others 3 & 1/2 years before the end] Jesus will first raise the dead in him, then remove the remaining christians from the earth. People will literally disappear all over the world. There is some speculation that the reason for the devils deceptive work in the area of UFO/Alien sightings is that when the rapture happens this is how the anti-christ will explain the event away to the confused masses. That the "evil people" where taken away by aliens. My point is that the Bible doesn't explain everything to us, only what we need to know now and what we can handle[Chaim spoke about that recently,I think on ask JTF]. So I think certainly there could be other life forms out there, but it should not be something we dwell upon because there is something going on in this regards, but it is a deception.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 04:48:21 PM »
Lol i didn't mean genies yacov. If saying Satan is an angel in control of evil inclination doesn't that contradict the whole idea of angels being good. But then maybe judaism doesn't teach this. Does Jewish and torah teachings hint on the idea that even though we have free will as people, satan persuades us to do bad and when we don it is him. Also that we have  a own form of intentional evil inside us, our soul and that it can become something of a satan if it chooses to do bad. I think UFO’s are a completely stupid and ignorant idea. Only our daft  human brains would think up something so realistically ideological to represent other life forms. What I meant about other life forms, is not what they would be or look like, forget your imagination and if we just think about the idea. It may be possible.
“reincarnation”, i strongly doubt this. Ressurection is different from reincarnation. I think our time on this earth will end and we won’t be coming back.
“I can understand some souls coming back to fulfil a certain purpose if that is in the Masterplan.” That is a very logical reason, that’s why you sometimes get those weird stories about people who believe they have had another life before they were born.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 04:49:21 PM »
I am a reincarnation of The German Dictator who has been sent to a black-loving Anglo-Saxon country as a form of retribution for his previous misdeeds

Allen-T

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 11:21:20 PM »
Sarah, demons are fallen angels. Tanach says this as well. Read Isaiah chapter 14. Also Ezekiel 28. Some will say these verses are speaking about historical people, Often in the Bible G-d will speak of an actual physical event and actual physical people in situations that also have future prophetic applications or applications to events in the spirit world. One is a picture, or foreshadowing of another. Satan is in control of some people. Satan has strong influence on others. Satan has mild influence on still others.  There is absolutely no concrete evidence in the Bible that other intelligent life forms do not exist. Certainly, if they do G-d created them. And certainly, if G-d created them it is entirely possible that they could have technology to create a flying craft, we have. It doesn't matter what you think. It doesn't matter what I think, or Chaim thinks, etc. Only G-d's Word matters. That is the final authority. Don't be so quick to judge peoples opinions as stupid who have probably spent alot more time than you studying the Bible. 

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 10:23:01 PM »
Chaim doesn't believe in demons. He talked about that on Ask JTF in the past.

Al Gore's a demon.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774