Author Topic: Hamas claims to have met Obama people during campaign, Obama denies  (Read 563 times)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1225910089501&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

"US President-elect Barack Obama's office flatly denied a Hamas official's claim Tuesday that advisers to Obama met with representatives from the terrorist organization while on a visit to the region.
"This assertion is just plain false," Obama's senior foreign policy adviser, Denis McDonough, told The Jerusalem Post.

Earlier in the day, the London-based Al-Hayat newspaper published an interview with Hamas political adviser Ahmed Yousef in which he said that a secret meeting was held in Gaza ahead of the US election on November 4.

"We are maintaining contact with them," Yousef said. "We first made contact on the Internet and then met with some of them here in the Gaza Strip. They advised us not to reveal this information lest it influence the elections or become manipulated by [Republican candidate John] McCain's campaign."

With the campaign over, he added, Hamas Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh would be sending a letter of congratulations to Obama.

Yousef also said that he personally had friendly relations with a few of Obama's advisers whom he had met when he lived in the US.

Obama stressed throughout the campaign that he would not meet with members of Hamas so long as it didn't accept the international community's three demands - that it halt violence against Israel, recognize Israel and accept previous agreements between the Palestinians and Israel.

One of Obama's Middle East policy advisers, Rob Malley, resigned during the Democratic candidate's campaign once it became known that he had met with Hamas members in the course of his conflict resolution work with the International Crisis Group. "

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
Re: Hamas claims to have met Obama people during campaign, Obama denies
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 04:13:07 PM »
One never knows for sure, but this story may have legs, even if in future private contacts between Obama and Muslim groups across the globe.

What I mean is this:  Even before the election, Obama was accused to sending emissaries to the middle-east to undermine the policies of the sitting president, a criminal offense, by the way.  Obama accepted enormous untraced $ in his election drive.  THEREFORE, a militant Muslim group could now approach Obama and extract quiet favors from Obama, by threatening to publicly claim to having met with Obama's people during the campaign and cut policy deals in exchange for campaign $.

Many people believe that the secret to espionage is stealing secrets.  In fact, espionage is most effective when a government agent can be blackmailed.  With Obama's known affection for Muslim causes, his huge untraced campaign $, and these recurring stories of private meetings during the campaign, Obama himself is already compromised.

May we live in interesting times.

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 06:29:58 PM »
this is true.  there were 2 members of Hamas.  i knew his response would be, "i didn't know they'd be there."  i heard about this mtg. at the time he was in the region.  i can't remember the source.  probably Fox News or talk radio.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 09:26:22 PM »
According the WorldNetDaily he was also protected by the Al Aqsa Martyr's Brigade.

Offline Roadwarrior

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 09:34:11 PM »

He is constantly secretly violating the Logan Act with impunity .....

First secretly negotiating American policy with Iraqi leaders,
then sending Malley to Syria on a secret mission,
and negotiating in secret with Hamas ....

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 10:00:55 PM »
he can deny all he wants.  i heard when he was in that region during his tour he met with a group and 2 members of Hamas were there.  would anyone expect anything but a denial from him.  of course it's true.