General Category > General Discussion

A question regarding Israel's ethnic groups

(1/1)

george_jtf:
I just finished watching a documentary "State Of Israel". It is about creating a new state of Israel in 1948 and the bloody battles that continued in the next few year thereafter. I found it very informative and interesting.

These are my questions:
1. do the Jews in Israel have a same problem with non-muslim palestinians and other non-muslim groups or is it just the muslims (especially muslim Palestinians). From what I understood from the video, the problem was only with the muslims in general.
2. Are there non-muslim and non-jewish ethnic/religious groups who are considered Israelis and have Israeli  citizenship and serve in Israeli Army? I am yet to hear anything bad about Israel from those who were born there or live there, but are not Jewish by faith (of course, other than the muslims)?

Thank you

q_q_:

--- Quote from: george_jtf on November 12, 2008, 04:39:13 AM ---I just finished watching a documentary "State Of Israel". It is about creating a new state of Israel in 1948 and the bloody battles that continued in the next few year thereafter. I found it very informative and interesting.

These are my questions:
1. do the Jews in Israel have a same problem with non-muslim palestinians and other non-muslim groups or is it just the muslims (especially muslim Palestinians). From what I understood from the video, the problem was only with the muslims in general.

--- End quote ---

The christian arabs are very islamized , and hate israel.. But they don't blow themselves up.. I'm sure that during heavy gunfire they are firing too though.

They don't do these one man operations sacrificing their life to be a martyr.

Whereas amongst muslims, even women do it.

--- Quote from: george_jtf on November 12, 2008, 04:39:13 AM ---2. Are there non-muslim and non-jewish ethnic/religious groups who are considered Israelis and have Israeli  citizenship and serve in Israeli Army? I am yet to hear anything bad about Israel from those who were born there or live there, but are not Jewish by faith (of course, other than the muslims)?

Thank you

--- End quote ---

Druze and Bedouin , ethnic groups.
Apparently Druze follow a variety of religions including druze religion.
Bedouin are muslims.

Druze are required to serve.  Both Druze and Bedouin serve well, but they are exceptional cases

Non muslim Arabs don't tend to advertise their religion.. They like the Arab part. You hear of israeli-arab but they don't tend to break it down christian-israeli-arab , or whatever. They obviously don't want to live in an area run like arabs run Gaza, so they prefer living in israel to that. But they don't like living in israel either, they would rather it be arab.

As rabbi kahane said..  What arab would want to live in a state called "The Jewish state".   whose national anthem has the words "a soul of a jew yearning".      Arabs have national pride..

In recent years an arab MK(member of israeli parliament) has objected in similar grounds. He is muslim.. But the reasoning works regardless.

According to this article, the sum of muslim and christian arabs is 150.
(I guess maybe this excludes beduin and druze, who receive alot of opposition from other arabs, for enlisting)
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=520911&contrassID=1&subContrassID=5&sbSubContrassID=0&listSrc=Y
"
The IDF does not furnish exact numbers, but it appears that the annual number of volunteers from both sectors together does not exceed 150. About half this number serves in infantry units, primarily the Desert Reconnaissance Unit.
"

Zelhar:

--- Quote ---1. do the Jews in Israel have a same problem with non-muslim palestinians and other non-muslim groups or is it just the muslims (especially muslim Palestinians). From what I understood from the video, the problem was only with the muslims in general.
--- End quote ---
Druze are basically harmless. Arab Christians are completely siding with the Arab muslim against Israel, despite (or because) the fact that they are being bullied by Muslims. Arab Christians are a small portion (I think about 10%) of the Arabs, the emigrate more and breed much less. Many Arab terrorists leaders came from Christian background- George Chabash, Nawef Chawatma, Chanan Ashrawi, Azmi Bashara and others. Also many Palestinians writers, thinkers and 'intelectuals' like Eduard Said and Emil Chabibi.

Nevertheless the problem we have with the Arabs is a Muslim problem, if you take away all the muslims, the problem is solved.

--- Quote ---2. Are there non-muslim and non-jewish ethnic/religious groups who are considered Israelis and have Israeli  citizenship and serve in Israeli Army? I am yet to hear anything bad about Israel from those who were born there or live there, but are not Jewish by faith (of course, other than the muslims)?

--- End quote ---
There are at list 250K Israelis who are not Jewish and basically are irreligious but they are part of the Israeli Jewish society and are loyal citizens. This is the result of many immigrants from the former USSR who have Jewish family but are not Jewish themselves. There are also thousands of non-Jews that are the result of mixed marriages of Israelis with gentile foreign women. Of course all these people serve in the Army as normal citizens.

There is a small community of Circasians who are at list nominally muslim yet they cause no problem. They live mainly in three villages in the Galil (which are tide clean and organized, unlike the Arab ones), and they also serve in the Israeli Army.

mord:

--- Quote ---There is a small community of Circasians who are at list nominally muslim yet they cause no problem. They live mainly in three villages in the Galil (which are tide clean and organized, unlike the Arab ones), and they also serve in the Israeli Army.
--- End quote ---
I knew a circassian when i lived in Israel very nice people and like you said their villages are ultra clean and set up European style some look very European

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version