Author Topic: Why do so many Catholics hate Jews?  (Read 28033 times)

Offline davkakach

• Pro JTFer
Why do so many Catholics hate Jews?
« on: September 07, 2006, 06:29:49 PM »
There's no story behind it.  I'm just asking myself, and other JTF'rs
this question.  Whenever I come across a Jew-hating White conservative
on a blog or web forum, 99 times out of 100 he or she turns out
to be a Catholic.

What do Catholic schools teach children specifically about Jews and
Judaism?  What do Catholic parents tell their children about Jews?
I am inclined to believe that most Catholics hate Jews and the "Old
Testament," that they believe that Judaism is a backward, primitive
religion, that "the god of the Tanach" (as they call the
Creator) is an evil, cruel deity that was replaced by their "better,"
more enlightened Holy Trinity theory.

Whether they support or oppose illegal immigration, most Catholics
are united in their hatred towards Jews and Evangelicals.  Why?
Is it the Good Friday Prayer for the "perfidious Jews" to convert to
"the truth"?  Is it the view that the Catholic Church represents
the "new people of God"?

My continuous interaction with many Catholics, most of whom are
implacable Jew haters, on various web forums only confirms my belief
that there is no future for Jews in the U.S., and strengthens my
resolve to immigrate to Israel.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 06:31:42 PM by davkakach »
Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil.   --Thomas Mann

wonderfulgoy

Re: Why do so many Catholics hate Jews?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 06:39:50 PM »
Catholicism rewards ignorance.  Whereas Jewish interpretation of Scripture encouraged scientific inquiry, Catholic interpretation of the Bible is designed only to give the Pope power.

Catholicism has been a retarding influence on many cultures in the world.

Offline NeverMore

• Senior JTFer
  • Glory to the Brave!
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 06:49:33 PM »

its very simple actually- they teach that we, the vicious savage Jews caused jesus to get crucified. their hero, their massiah, got killed because the romans got the tip from judah. his name symbolizes that all jews are "bad", and bear the sin of causing Jesus to die.
this started the "cheating Jew" myth, that Jews can't be trusted and other dark ages myths, which led to this hatred towards Jews. that besides the explanation you gave about failing to believe in jesus being a massiah.

Kahane was right!

Offline davkakach

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 07:00:34 PM »
For the better part of a century now, the Catholic Church has been
trying to establish a "dialogue" with the Muslim world while at the
same time showing hostility towards Israel.

The irony, of course, is that Eurabia, formerly known as Europe,
which is predominantly Catholic, will soon be overtaken by Muslims,
whereas the U.S., which still has a considerable righteous gentile
(Protestant) component, is doing much better in terms of survival.

In Catholic anti-Semitism I find a very disturbing component, common
to Islam---ideologically motivated hatred towards Jews, and
institutionalized brainwashing of young children.  Whereas the
Jewish position is, "Leave us alone, let us worship God on our land,"
the Catholic (and Islamic) position is, "We will not rest so long as
there is a single non-Catholic (resp. non-Muslim) on this Earth.

Very disturbing.

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 07:39:32 PM »
I grew up a Roman catholic.  I don't remember any anti Jewish sentiment in my Sunday school classes.  But then I didn't pay much attention!  I don't remember a damn thing!  I even had my confirmation in eighth grade.  I just know that the Pope wears funny hats!!!!
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

Offline davkakach

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 07:43:46 PM »
genteelgentile,

Good for you.  I don't think you missed much...

Offline habiru

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 09:32:07 PM »
Let's be honest here:

The Roman Catholic Church's official position for years was extremely hostile toward israel and Jews in general. But all of that changed for the better under the previous Pope.

While there is a small vocal anti -semitic element within contemporary American Catholicism (see the Gibsons, Buchanan etc,) I don't think the majority of American Catholics are anti-semitic at all.

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 09:50:02 PM »
That is true about Pope John Paul the Second.  He was a good man.  But the Catholic Church has too many extra-biblical rules and rituals.  That is a big reason why I don't even bother to go to church.  At least the Catholic Church is strongly pro-life.  I can support it that far.
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

Offline jewishron

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 10:38:24 PM »

its very simple actually- they teach that we, the vicious savage Jews caused jesus to get crucified. their hero, their massiah, got killed because the romans got the tip from judah. his name symbolizes that all jews are "bad", and bear the sin of causing Jesus to die.
this started the "cheating Jew" myth, that Jews can't be trusted and other dark ages myths, which led to this hatred towards Jews. that besides the explanation you gave about failing to believe in jesus being a massiah.

This actually was changed in Vatican 2. Where the official postion of the church was to acknowledge that the Jews DID NOT kill christ and that the Romans did. However this old school mentality of the Jews being responsible for their mesiahs death led to many anti-semitic feelings and is still used as an excuse for hating jews today; albeit by ignorant people, but none the less it does exist.

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2006, 10:56:25 PM »
and also Traditional Catholics and sect in Catholocism that refuses to accept Vatican II. While they are a minority they are growing.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2006, 10:57:34 PM »
This says it all...

Anti-Semitism – Excuses and Reasons
by Rabbi Kalman Packouz

...Historians have classified six explanations as to why people hate the Jews:

1. Economic - "We hate Jews because they possess too much wealth and power."
2. Chosen People - "We hate Jews because they arrogantly claim that they are the chosen people."
3. Scapegoat - "Jews are a convenient group to single out and blame for our troubles."
4. Deicide - "We hate Jews because they killed Jesus."
5. Outsiders - "We hate Jews because they are different than us." (The dislike of the unlike.)
6. Racial Theory - "We hate Jews because they are an inferior race."

As we examine the explanations, we must ask - Are they the causes for anti-Semitism or excuses for Anti-Semitism? The difference? If one takes away the cause, then anti-Semitism should no longer exist. If one can show a contradiction to the explanation, it demonstrates that the "cause" is not a reason, it is just an excuse.

Let's look at some contradictions:

1. Economic - The Jews of 17th- 20th century Poland and Russia were dirt poor, had no influence and yet they were hated.

2. Chosen People - (a) In the late 19th century, the Jews of Germany denied "Choseness." And then they worked on assimilation. Yet, the Holocaust started there. (b) Christians and Moslems profess to being the "Chosen people," yet, the world and the anti-Semites tolerate them.

3. Scapegoat - Any group must already be hated to be an effective scapegoat. The Scapegoat Theory does not then cause anti-Semitism. Rather, anti-Semitism is what makes the Jews a convenient scapegoat target. Hitler's rantings and ravings would not be taken seriously if he said, "It's the bicycle riders and the midgets who are destroying our society."

4. Deicide - (a) the Christian Bible says the Romans killed Jesus, though Jews are mentioned as accomplices (claims that Jews killed Jesus came several hundred years later). Why are the accomplices persecuted and there isn't an anti-Roman movement throughout history? (b) Jesus himself said, "Forgive them [i.e., the Jews], for they know not what
they do." The Second Vatican Council in 1963 officially exonerated the Jews as the killers of Jesus. Neither statement of Christian belief lessened anti-Semitism.

5. Outsiders - With the Enlightenment in the late 18th century, many Jews rushed to assimilate. Anti-Semitism should have stopped. Instead, for example, with the Nazis came the cry, in essence: "We hate you, not because you're different, but because you're trying to become like us! We cannot allow you to infect the Aryan race with your inferior genes."

6. Racial Theory - The overriding problem with this theory is that it is self-contradictory: Jews are not a race. Anyone can become a Jew – and members of every race, creed and color in the world have done so at one time or another.

Every other hated group is hated for a relatively defined reason. We Jews, however, are hated in paradoxes: Jews are hated for being a lazy and inferior race – but also for dominating the economy and taking over the world. We are hated for stubbornly maintaining our separateness – and, when we do assimilate – for posing a threat to racial purity through intermarriages. We are seen as pacifists and as warmongers; as capitalist exploiters and as revolutionary communists; possessed of a Chosen-People mentality, as well as of an inferiority complex. It seems that we just can't win.

Now we know what are NOT the reasons for anti-Semitism.

Anti-Semitism is unique amongst the hatreds in the world in a combination of four aspects:

1. Longevity - it's been around a long time.
2. Universality - virtually everywhere in the world.
3. Intensity - it's expressed in a particularly virulent manner.
4. Confusion - there is surprisingly little agreement on why people hate the Jews.

Historians offer many "reasons" to explain why people are anti-Semitic: Jews are too powerful or too lazy; too separate or a threat to "racial purity" through assimilation; pacifistic or warmongers; capitalist exploiters or revolutionary communists; the "killers" of Jesus or the progenitors of Jesus; possessors of a Chosen People mentality or an inferiority complex. These reasons have one thing in common - they have nothing to do with our being Jewish. One might think that we are just the victims of bad luck - always possessing the needed quality to be hated wherever we are in the world at exactly that time in history.

Do you know who disagrees with the historians? Anne Frank. Writes Anne Frank on April 11,1944 in her diary: "Who knows - it might even be our religion from which the world and all peoples learn good, and for that reason and that reason alone do we now suffer. We can never become just Netherlanders, or just English, or representatives of any other country for that matter. We will always remain Jews."

Anne Frank made a point of stressing that Jews have something of special value to give to the world, and that is precisely what the world has resented, and that is why people have persecuted Jews. Anne Frank identifies anti-Semitism as a hatred of Jewishness, a loathing altogether different from the bigotry or racism that other peoples experience.

The Talmud (Tractate Shabbos 69) cites the source of anti-Semitism using a play on words: The Torah – the source of the Jewish system of laws, values and moral standards – was received at Mount Sinai. The Hebrew pronunciation of "Sinai" is almost identical to the Hebrew word for "hatred" – "sinah." "Why was the Torah given on a mountain called Sinai?" asks the Talmud. "Because the great sinah – the tremendous hatred aimed at the Jew – emanates from Sinai."

At Sinai Jews were told that there is one God, Who makes moral demands on all of humanity. Consequently, at Sinai the Jewish nation became the target for the hatred of those whose strongest drive is to liberate mankind from the shackles of conscience and morality.

At Sinai the Jewish nation was appointed to be "a light unto the nations." There are those who embrace Jews and the Jewish faith because of that light; but there are also those who want the world to be a place of spiritual darkness. They object to morality. Those would-be harbingers of darkness attack the Jews as the lightning rod for their hatred. This "call to Sinai" – the message entrusted to and borne by the Jews – ultimately transforms the world. Yet, it is this very message that draws forth the wrath of those who would give their last ounce of strength to resist it.
A great many people simply can't cope with the burden of being good. However, when they act in ways that are bad, they can't cope with the resultant feelings of guilt. Try as they may, they can never cut themselves loose from the standards of absolute morality dictated by the Torah. Stuck in this "Catch-22" situation, people turn with their mounting frustrations against the Jews, whom they perceive as personifying humanity's collective conscience.

When the Jews entered the theological arena, they showed people all the mistakes they had been making: Pagan gods are nonsense – there is only one God for all of mankind, Who is invisible, infinite and perfect. Infanticide and human sacrifice are unacceptable. Every human being is born with specific rights. No one can live as he pleases, for everyone must surrender his will to a Higher Authority.

On a certain conscious level, people recognize the Jews' message as truth. Those unwilling to embrace the truth have found that the only way to rid themselves of it is to destroy the messengers – for the message itself is too potent to be dismissed.

That is what is so irksome about the Jews, and that is why, for some people, nothing less than total destruction of the Jews will do. If Judaism were just another ideology, people could laugh it off and continue on their merry way. But deep in his soul, every human being recognizes the essential truths of morality – people can't just laugh it off.

For the last 2,000 years the Jewish people have gone through enormous amounts of persecution, hatred - ultimately leading to genocide. And through it all, the Jewish people always held onto being Jewish. And the reason? They understood that it was worth it. They understood what the meaning of being Jewish is, and they were willing to pay the price.

We have a Covenant with the Almighty. We have a mission to perfect the world through fulfilling the Torah and being a light unto the nations. What can be more meaningful and pleasureful than that? The Almighty has made many promises to us in the Torah - that we will be eternal, we will be few in number, cast to the four corners of the earth, ultimately to be brought back to the Land of Israel. However, for that Covenant to be fulfilled, the Jewish people must not only exist, but it must fulfill its Torah destiny.

The Torah clearly states (Leviticus 26:14-44, Deut. 28:15-69) the consequences for the Jewish people when we do not uphold our end of the Covenant. Throughout history the Almighty has been fulfilling His word and reminding us that He is serious about our keeping that Covenant. We promised to keep the Torah; the Almighty promised that He won't let us forget our promise. Non-Jews may hate us for their own twisted, contradictory reasons. However, for us the lesson is clear: Anti-semitism is nothing less than a wake up call for us to return to and increase our Torah observance. When we understand that, then we can understand the craziness and illogic of the world as they malign Israel's actions and label Israel as the aggressor and the bearer of blame. Will we learn our lesson?
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2006, 08:14:04 AM »
WHY DO SO MANY JEWS HATE JEWS?

We can not make any other group love us or hate us...they will do whatever they are going to do, and logic and reason and "dialogue", etc. .... do nothing to change the FACT that the one, primary enemy of the Jews....

is "THE JEWS".

The State Of Israel is not weak because of Catholicism, Protestantism, Evangelism, or as a result of Arabs.  It is weak due to the fact that the Jewish People have a serious mental condition which must be alleviated and finally cured:  Self-Hatred.

Offline davkakach

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2006, 09:29:46 AM »
WHY DO SO MANY JEWS HATE JEWS?

We can not make any other group love us or hate us...they will do whatever they are going to do, and logic and reason and "dialogue", etc. .... do nothing to change the FACT that the one, primary enemy of the Jews....

is "THE JEWS".

The State Of Israel is not weak because of Catholicism, Protestantism, Evangelism, or as a result of Arabs.  It is weak due to the fact that the Jewish People have a serious mental condition which must be alleviated and finally cured:  Self-Hatred.

Massuhgoodname,

You're absolutely right.  "Esau hates Jacob" no matter what.

I guess my original post was really a rant, but I had disguise it
as a legitimate question.  It was in reaction to other people's
anti-Semitic reaction on supposedly conservative, right wing
forums to my posting JTF material.  Frequently, they don't
even address the topic, just go an anti-Semitic tirade, and
seem to be well prepared, almost certainly referring to Jew-hating
material they collected in text files, judging by the level of
detail---names, dates, locations...

The fact that the American Jewish Establishment (ADL,
UJA, AJC, etc.) does not criticize notorious self-hating Yehudonim
like Soros, the Hollywood Yehudonim, leftist Jewish professors,
etc., certainly doesn't help.

There is no future for Jews in the exile.  I'm happy to say I
reached this conclusion now independently of what Chaim or
Rabbi Kahane said in the past.

El Cabong!

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2006, 09:53:06 AM »
Catholicism seems a  custom made profession for paedophiles and homosexual priests.

Offline Hail Columbia

• Master JTFer
  • Vrijheid, Welvaart, Beschaving
    • AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2006, 10:00:57 AM »
Catholicism seems a  custom made profession for paedophiles and homosexual priests.

Based on what?  The actions of less than 1% of American priests?

Learn the truth about rap "music": (Strongly recommended for new members)
www.geocities.com/wilder2k1
My MySpace site:
http://www.myspace.com/hailcolumbiajtf
My YouTube site:
http://www.youtube.com/user/HailColumbiaJTF
Dixie Outfitters, Preserving Southern Heritage Since 1861:
http://www.dixieoutfitters.com/
AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website:
http://www.africancrisis.co.za
The Right Perspective, NYC's Most Dangerous Callers to Talk Radio, Airing Live Every Friday Night, 10 PM EST:
http://www.therightperspectivepodcastblog.blogspot.com/

In thy power Almighty, trusting,
Did our fathers build of old;
Strengthen then, O Lord, their children
To defend, to love, to hold
That the heritage they gave us
For our children yet may be:
Bondsmen only to the Highest
And before the whole world free.
As our fathers trusted humbly,
Teach us, Lord, to trust Thee still:
Guard our land and guide our people
In Thy way to do Thy will.

El Cabong!

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2006, 10:43:22 AM »
Quote from: El Cabong! on Today at 09:53:06 AM

Said by Hail Columbia: Based on what?  The actions of less than 1% of American priests?

I think it's quite a bit more than that. But what I'm saying it seem custom made for paedophiles and priests doesn't mean that all of them practice it. A religion where the priests and nuns are repressed and not allowed to marry, have sex and have children is so ridiculous to human nature that it just breeds perversion and mental peculiarity.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 10:45:06 AM by El Cabong! »

Rhuan

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2006, 11:57:32 AM »
Something I'd like to point out, you said that chrisitans and moslems claim to be chosen people, I can't really speak for the moslems, but I can say that there is nothing in true christianity about being chosen people.

And, regarding catholicism, just don't even bother starting... Such a mishmash of ideas drawn from pagan beliefs and money hungry men being in charge.

Offline davkakach

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2006, 03:06:03 PM »
I think it's quite a bit more than that. But what I'm saying it seem custom made for paedophiles and priests doesn't mean that all of them practice it. A religion where the priests and nuns are repressed and not allowed to marry, have sex and have children is so ridiculous to human nature that it just breeds perversion and mental peculiarity.
That makes a lot of sense.  Why deny people the natural and inherent instinct of procreation within the responsible and dignified context of a family?

And, regarding catholicism, just don't even bother starting... Such a mishmash of ideas drawn from pagan beliefs and money hungry men being in charge.
I found that Craig Winn's Prophet of Doom touches upon some of the aspects of paganism in the Catholic faith, the influence of Augustine's sun-worhip on Christianity, and the subsequent introduction of the symbol of the cross, Sunday, Christmas, Good Friday, Lent, etc. to a faith that originally was nothing but Judaism combined with the belief in Jesus.

Rhuan

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2006, 03:13:11 PM »
True chrisitianity says nothing about chastity, except of course for outside of marriage.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2006, 08:01:41 PM »

This actually was changed in Vatican 2. Where the official postion of the church was to acknowledge that the Jews DID NOT kill christ and that the Romans did. However this old school mentality of the Jews being responsible for their mesiahs death led to many anti-semitic feelings and is still used as an excuse for hating jews today; albeit by ignorant people, but none the less it does exist.

It is my understanding on this issue that it was neither the Jews or the Romans were responsible for Jesus death it was a act that was predestined by G_D. If I have it right Jesus was in the Mount of Olives the night before his crucifixion and prayed to  G_d the father  to remove this cup from me.          (crucifixion) He then said that Yet not my will but yours be done.  Basically anyone blaming Jews , Romans or anyone else is working with misinformation. For catholics Jesus death is the fulfillment of G_ds will.  Apologies in advance if any of this is incorrect.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

El Cabong!

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2006, 08:03:05 PM »
Very good point CJD, you're absolutely right!