Author Topic: Very important quotation from Rabbi Steinberg  (Read 629 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Very important quotation from Rabbi Steinberg
« on: November 20, 2008, 02:32:42 AM »
The next time somebody questions your belief in G-d by citing human suffering (as in "What kind of G-d would allow for such suffering as there is in the world?), you can remind him of this remarkably rational argument made by Rabbi Steinberg:

"The believer in G-d has to account for one thing--human suffering; The non-believer has to account for everything else."

There is a great deal of wisdom in that statement and it is worth remembering, I think.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Very important quotation from Rabbi Steinberg
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 02:45:00 AM »
The next time somebody questions your belief in G-d by citing human suffering (as in "What kind of G-d would allow for such suffering as there is in the world?), you can remind him of this remarkably rational argument made by Rabbi Steinberg:

"The believer in G-d has to account for one thing--human suffering; The non-believer has to account for everything else."

There is a great deal of wisdom in that statement and it is worth remembering, I think.

Shalom Zachor,

It was precisely the issue of human suffering which made me more of a believer...

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14